Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
Tramadol reduction per week method

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Tramadol reduction per week method

Hi.  I have been on Tramadol for about 6 weeks now.  I take 7 per day of the 50mg. (350mg per day total)   I take two during the daytime and then 5 of them at 6pm. I take the 5 at night because of my addictive nature, as well as the larger dose helps me sleep.  I met with my Dr. to get off these horrible drug as I tried stopping a week ago CT and suffered horribly for a few days before losing my mind and falling back into the drug at the same dosage.  It is a HORRIBLE detox and was unaware of that!  The depression was crippling too!   Anyway.   I met with my Dr to get off the drug.

My question is to those of you who have experience with such an approach.  What can I expect as far as WD's?
I expect I will have some body aches and sleep issues but can anyone chime in on what they "feel" I might go through?   My doctor said it will be very mild and a simple benadryl at night will help with sleep.  He does not think I will will have any major issues whatsoever.  

Thoughts?
You definitely need to stop. I have an addictive nature as well, and I can tell you....it won't end until you give it up. The good thing is that it's only been 6 weeks. Follow the dr's plan, and I think you'll be okay. Keep posting on this board with questions and updates throughout your detox, and the people on here are very helpful and very good at answering questions. Working with a dr will help you too. Good luck.
Hi..I am very proud of you..Being honest with the Dr is a great big step in its self. Like WODgirl said you have the Dr to work with you and that is a big weight off your shoulder..I always see on here that a taper does make it a bit less tense on the w/ds..If you just keep checking your post we have alot of people who did the trams for many, many years..They can help you with what to expect.It should not be as bad with the taper..You just keep us updated..OK
Bless
Thanks ViC and WOD.  Hopefully someone will chime in and give me some details.