Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
Tramadol tolerance

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Tramadol tolerance

I used to use Tramadol recreationally for 3-4+ years on and off. I will define that, I started using it maybe 1-2 times a week, usually on weekends taking about 200-300mg a day.. As my tolerence went up I increased my dosage over the years and toward the end I topped out at 600-650mg a day (in 1 dose)..

When I started I never had any withdrawls during the mid week when I stopped, and after the years all of a sudden I started to and learned to control them by weening and taking an additional recreational  dose Weds which helped carry me to the weekend..

Here's were it gets interesting..
After never really having any serious side effects (other then the normal dry mouth, itching, constipation etc) one night when trying to get to sleep (after a 600mg day) my heart was beating out of my chest and I started sweating and felt like I was going to die.. I went to the ER and basically I had an anxiety attach caused by freaking out from my heart beating so fast..

So after that I called it quits for awhile, but the when weening I found that I would get that horrific heart being out of my chest feeling if I took anymore then 50mg now. And I was thinking I had a liver problem and was real scared. So after getting completely off for a long time (6-7 months) for the hell of it I wanted to see if my tolerence has weened, but if I dare take more then 50mg I still get the heart  beating thing and have to fight to stay calm as the feeling passes.. So I have decided not to take it anymore, and since I have had blood work done to test my liver and its 100% fine..

So I am (I feel pathetic for saying this) sad since it seems I can never take Ultrams recreationally again because its like poison to my body now..

Had anybody else ever had this experience? Where you used it so much that you cannot take it anymore even after months of staying off? Its really strange that U used to be able to take 600mg+ and now 50mg literally makes me ill..

PS. Withdrawl (withdrawal) symtoms (symptoms) can be bad, but if your smart and ween it can be 95% easier to do