Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
Tramadol vs Hydrocodone

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Tramadol vs Hydrocodone

Can anyone tell me the difference between tramadol and hydrocodone?
I am unsure what the differences are totally but I do know that tramadol has NO tylenol in it. Well I think certain tram's do but straight tramadol 50mg does not.
I also know that they too can be addictive.

Tramadol is an atypical opioid which is a centrally acting analgesic, used for treating moderate to severe pain. It is a synthetic agent, unrelated to other opioids, and appears to have actions on the GABAergic, noradrenergic and serotonergic systems. Tramadol was developed by the German pharmaceutical company Gr
Yea, the withdrawals from Tramadol is much worse than hydrocodone.  Tramadol seems to kill pain for a longer period than hydrocodone.  You really have to go through a loading phase with Tramadol before it starts to work well.  After dosing for a couple weeks it starts working pretty good.  I don't recommend anyone take Tramadol.  You don't want to be addicted to Tramadol, I promise you.  It is just as addictive as hydrocodone and it is twice as dangerous.
The above post is very old...it's from Feb 2007. Just wanted to let you know b/c I don't think they are still around.
Have a good day!
JoAnn
Oh...I feel stupid...LOL!
lol, hey maybe that jump to 9 was a bit too soon...just kiddin! :-)
I didn't know that tho actually..that it takes tram awhile to "load in your system". That must be why the WD take longer, from a depression standpoint.
hmmm..
d