Tramadol withdrawal after 10 years use Pt.2
This was my chance to quit because my supplier was now out of the picture. When I had 50 left and no refills I did a two week taper of Tramadol and Tizanidine (muscle relaxer you shouldn't stop abruptly). My last day using was the 27th of November.  My saving grace was the Xanax he also prescribed but I never abused, so I had a huge supply of 2mg Xanax. I know as soon as my withdrawals stop ill have to do a very slow taper of the Xanax. I'm an addict, but mostly just a physical addict. I have 6 Tramadol in my car that I put aside for "just in case" my taper was too fast. I'm having terrible symptoms but no urge to use what's in my car.
Anxiety, wrestles legs, hot and cold, lethargic, head zaps, eye aches, runny nose, SNEEZING (always two)..lol, depression, I'm finally not constipated, no diarrhea, vivid dreams....and probably a few other things.
I used to get a narcotic nod but I mostly enjoyed the way hey would make me focus, do chores, be social, affectionate, sleep well, etc. I understand the chemistry. I understand why I felt high and why I now feel like crap.
I'm just rambling....getting better every day but would love to talk with others who took "the beans", as I called them, for so long. My biggest concern is any long term effect like depression or anxiety after the neurons that have been fed for so long now won't.
I know I'll get opiates after back surgery and I look forward to it, but that's because I know this doctor is conservative and is only going to give me what I need and nothing long term like my last doctor, who still says Teamadol can be "mentally" addictive but not physically. He is a dolt.
Just needed to say my piece....if you're an addict, YOU are only going to quit if YOU WANT IT.