Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
Tramadol withdrawals

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Tramadol withdrawals

Has anyone done this wicked thing?  I'd been taking about 1000 - 1200 mg of tramadol a day for a few years.  I started taking it for an injury but I am not a saint when it comes to this stuff.  I liked taking it.  I was suddenly cut off and only had about 300 mg for a taper.  That's gone a week ago.  

I have Neurontin but it does not seem to be doing much tonight.  I am not getting anxiety or brain zaps or anything like that but I must have taken 500 mg and I still have RLS that feels like it's gonna snap my bones.  How much of this stuff can I take?  I have a couple of xanax too and a bunch of zolpidem.  I do not know what would be a good combination.  i can't take much more of it though.  I have to believe that tramadol is the worst to come off.  
Tramadol is indeed hell to kick. Walking can sometimes help RLS, as can a hot bath
Hi There,

You are on high dose, you would need to taper as you would be at risk of seizers. I was taking up to 800mg and tapered right down but I still have withdrawals. Not sure about the Neurontin.

Keep us update..
I have been off Tramadol since December 24, 2012. I tapered off from 300 mgs down to 25 in three weeks. On the 24th, I took my last dose. It is now Jan 6, 2013 and I am still going through the withdrawal. The pains are getting better. Walking, hot baths with epsom salts and natural herbs and natural sleeping pills help the symptoms. I did not think kicking it would be this hard since I tapered off. I am at the stage of severe fatiuge and weakness. I have been doing this at home .
I'm at the same dose you are right now. I have been taking 200 to 250 mg a day for about 8 years ocassionally up to 300 (for the energy to work out) . I have been maintaining 150 to 200 mg. for about the last 2 years. I am down to 25 mg. a day and plan to drop to 25 every other day jn three days. The biggest issue at this point is the extreme fatigue. I stopped about 6 years ago for approximately 3 months but went c/t and it was more severe than it needed to be. My girlfriend weaned off of Paxil years ago and suggested I drop very gradually. This is definitely better than the last time but now I wonder how long the exhaustion will continue. I had Librium to ease the initial w/d symptoms and that did help. I am taking a B complex vitamin to try and increase my energy level which varies throughout the day. Let me know if you find anything that helps with that and I'll let you know how things progress with me.
Hope the best for you and the more support you can get from family and friends the better you will do.
Rhodiola rosea, a natural supplement, is helping me with the energy, fatigue, and mood. It may not help everyone, but it sure has helped me.

Beat of luck. This is an old thread, you may want to start your own new ones to get more responses.

- Zoey, off Tramadol since Jan. 9