Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
Tramadol:(

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Tramadol:(

I am on my second day without tramadol and I am emotional, my stomach hurts, I cant sleep, I am really depressed, and I cant concentrate.  I am trying to study for a pre-nursing exam and I cant, just typing this question is hard.  I am taking withdrawl (withdrawal) ease, tuna omega-3 oil, organically bound minerals, calcium lactate, renafood, 100mg zoloft, 40 mg adderall (adderrall), and clonazepam.  Do you know how long these feelings are going to last?  I am really not doing well. I was prescribed 50mg tramadol every 4-6 hrs for about a year, I did taper a little before stopping. Thank you
Tags: tramadol
Hello and welcome. if a proper taper is done you can eliminate alot of the w/d symptoms. it sounds like you went waaayyy too fast.
these meds are all doctor prescribed??
Going Cold turkey from tramadol can cause seizures. Stay hydrated,get in some exercise.keep yourself as active as possible. Two weeks is still early in recovery.hard to say some people do better than others .just take it as it comes. One day at a time. Think positive it definitely helps. The anxiety,depression and lack of sleep are all part of the  detox.
We are here to support and encourage you .
Thank you I am trying my hardest to keep telling myself I am not going to die and it will go away.  I am also trying to drink 70 to 80 liters of water but its hard
I was addicted to lorab's been taking them for over 10 years and today is day 5, for me, I went to my Dr last week and asked him for something non narcotic and he prescribed me Tramadol, so now I am confused, I did not know people could get addicted to these, now I am rethinking even taking it, Good luck on your recovery   Renee
A lot of doctors are under the impression that Tramadol is not addictive like traditional opiates. I don't know about them other than what I have read here, as I only took them a short time several years ago. At the very least, I would recommend being careful with them. From what I understand, you can't just stop them cold turkey because of an antidepressant property.
could any of you tell me how long I should be off of tramadol before j can safely take Zoloft please. I'm a mom of a new baby and want to be safe and not hurt myself or him since I'm nursing.