Tramadol

I've been suffering from severe eye pain and my pain control is not working well enough. I'm currently on Dihydrocodeine 30 mg 6 times daily. And I'm wondering if tramadol is stronger, the information I've found on this drug conflicts and I'm just wondering if you could tell me if tramadol would be stronger than the drug i'm currently using and wether it is adictive. And what type of drug is it, the only type of drug which helps my pain are narcotics nothing else does anything.

Andrew
I been off tramadol for months now still have pains, but use a Tens Unit instead. Will power and keeping goals to reduce the amount you take helps. Keeping myself busy helps the worst thing you can do with a herniated disc is sit all day best keep active. Good luck everyone.
Does anyone know what does happen to a human beeing after taking a daily  average of 500 + mg of tramadol for 11 years now ? What part of the body now is damaged ( Other than the brain, this is for sure damaged, and other than the breathing problems and regular symptoms.. )

Thank you
Does anyone know what does happen to a human being after taking a daily  average of 500 + mg of tramadol for 11 years now ? What part of the body now is damaged ( Other than the brain, this is for sure damaged, and other than the breathing problems and regular symptoms.. )

Thank you
I have been on tramadol for ten years.  I was using on average 30 to 50 50mg.s per day.  I could could not break this no matter what I tried to do.  I finally got busted for getting from my Dr. and also using the internet.  In Ohio it is called diseption to obtain.  I have a long road of legal hopes to jump through but all in all,  it's the best thing that has happened to me in 10 years.  I have recieved a 1 st. time offence . And was lucky enough to get a "treatment in lue of conviction" sentence.  I will have no record and all will be sealed if I do the N/A treatment plan.                                                                                                       As for many questions that have been asked.  There should be little brain damage in the way this drug is excepted by the brain.  My liver on the other hand is good now but I am sure that unless God intervense, I will have problems latter.  As for what this drug is.  You can read 10 facy sheets about it and get 10 differant answers.  It is a narcotic, it isn't.  It is a opiate, it isn't.  Here is what I have found out about it.  It, unlike Vico. or Oxy. it has a stimulant that can cause seizures if used over the prescribed amount.  I was extremly blessed in that I had none.  Also, if you have been abusing heavy,  do not cold turkey.  That can also bring on seizures.  I tried going to regular Dr's and they all cut back way to much to soon.  PLEASE PLEASE, find someone who works with chemical or substants abuse.  My substants abuse Dr. told me that is how most Ultram/Tramadol users who abuse are found out.  By being brought into emergency with seizures.                                                                                                 I was told it is not one of the big scheduled drugs, but please be aware.  If you have a addictive personality, it can get you.  It is good at helping with mild and mild chronic pain.  It has a mood enhancing property that works great for depression,  but please fight with all your might to adhere to your prescription.                                                                                             I am being treated with Suboxone to be able to beat this thing, and so far the hardest thing I have had to deal with is extreme tiredness.  If you are one of the lucky ones who do not have that pesky addiction gene, then keep an eye on yourself.  For those who like me ,say if one is good then three is better.  Please don't up your dosage and take 3 or 5 at one time.  Your will get a result that will have you addicted faster that it takes to get a refill.  All I can say is this drug is good at doing what it was intended to.  And the perscription your Dr. gives you will in most cases help you with what it is intended to do.  But please keep it at that.  Please keep it at that.                                                                                                                               God bless              
                              Blaine Miller
I have been off tramadol for 2 and a half months and i am still haveing withdrawls, im fealing weak on a daily basis, hard to fall asleep, and a bak "pain" that i cant describe, maybe like restless legs but instead restless back. I am wondering if i am haveing with drawls because ive takin other drugs in that period of time. in those 2 and a half months ive smoked weed 3 times, put on a lidoderm patch 8 times. drank vodka 4 times   took 7 paxils 2 xanax, took 3 vicoden, 3 aleves for a terrible migrain, 4 vitamin 5-htp 1 a day, (30 blood peressure alpha blockers, 25 blood pressure bata blockers  for the 2nd month of withdrawls). and ciggerttes every day. I stayed away from any narrcotics even the lidoderm patches for the second month and ahalf.

With this said i am wondering if i am still experienceing with drawls. ever day i think tomarow will be a better day, and it never is. Im on day number 13 of taking nothing at all except for 1 aleve and 1 vitamin. i am thinking the cigerettes are playing a big role in slowing my detox down. yesterday i didnt smoke the whole day and i wasnt as tired but still have restless back.

i never though i would make it this far in recovery because the pain was so bad and still is at times,  but i just keep telling my self if i take 1 tram it will set me  back a lot with my recovery . does any body have any advice or   words of wisdom.

thank you steve
im drinking alot of water taking alot of ***** and excersising  (sweating). If i dont get better within the next 3 weeks i am deffenettly going to go see a doctor
hey sweetie!
are yu taking any vitamins?im not going thru withdrawals from tram but ive been on over 500 mg of oxy a day, well over 20 percs a day, phent patches,demural and vic!and im doing great! funny thing is i took sum ultram to help me get away from any withdrawals from those prescribed meds above!!and i went thru NO w/withdrawals from tram! i guess it shows if we take more of what were suppose to we can get addicted to anything and then we suffer the crappy consequences! one thing i found funny was, THE MORE SWEET TEA I DRANK the faster the stuff came out of my system! tea is a natural dietary which means in english for us that it causes you to pee ALOT during the day which in long run will help get some of that stuff out..
this isnt a plan just a thought!

good luck hun!
THIS IS MY OPINION:  IF YOUR CONSIDERING USING TRAMADOL AVOID IT LIKE YOU WOULD HEROIN...NO MATTER WHAT YOUR DIAGNOSIS IS.  IF YOUR CURRENTLY USING TRAMADOL GET OFF IT, ITS A DIRTY DIRTY DRUG (which will leave you in the shadow of your former self  and with increased pain).

I feel the only way to get off tramadol is to stop taking it and cold turkey and remember that you will get through it.  What no one tells you is that taking tramadol for pain can actually increase your pain as the body begins to crave the drug.  Once your body begins to crave the drug the symptoms are being full of pain!  However you as the patient think it is your diagnosis which is giving you the pain.  Hence the vicious circle begins.  In my opinion this drug should be banned.
Before stopping you should tell your GP what you intend to do and where possible steer clear of taking anything else which is addictive to releive the withdrawals.  Cold turkey is terrible but is the quickest way to get all of the **** out of your system. Once stopping you can expect to feel depression, anxiety, outbursts of crying, intense muscle pain and stiffness all over your body, feeling intensly hot then freezing, dripping with cold sweat, difficulty breathing, jolting body/involuntary movements, headaches, sickness vomiting and the trots and difficulty sleeping to say the least.  But in my experience after four days things begin to improve and you begin to take ownership of your mind and body again.  To help with the withdrawals drink grapefruit juice as this helps to get toxins out of the body, vitamin and mineral supplements or a vitamin tonic, an antehistamine (drowsy) taken at night will also keep your sinuses clear, drink plenty of fluids and have warm baths and eat healthy. Ibuprofen also help with the muscle aches/fever and have a large cup of coffee in the morning as it helps with the lethargy and kicks your brain into touch again and will help you short term. A hot water bottle will also help with your restless legs. As will exercise be it a short walk once you feel able to get dressed! Remember throughout IT WILL END.  Dont become a slave to the drug.  Also get urself some good friends to visit u whilst ur going through your detox as you will need someone to talk through with you how you are feeling and to pull you out of your big black hole.  xx
This is an old thread. Please join us at EmilyPosts's tramadol thread. Follow all the posts to the bottom. If you see recent dates, we are still on that page. When the page gets too long, Emily starts a fresh page. She posts a link for it at the bottom. So you might have to click twice to get up to date. Please click and end this thread so we can all hook up over there. We are all going through the same thing with Tramadol and some posters who have stopped stay on to encourage us. There are fresh posts every day usually. Come over and save yourself:
Nancy

http://www.medhelp.org/user_journals/show/111239
you need to slowly cut back on this drug if you are dependent on it.for the people that
are taking 10 20 pills a day wht the hell are you thinking.if you are taking this drug and you think you are having a problem with it get off of it.taking more and abusing it will just
make it harder to get off of it.opiate withdrawl is very painful and the only way out is going through it.there are no magic remedies to fix it.methadone,suboxone which are used for treating opiate addiction are addictive.you need to slowly cut back until you can quit,it will be painful but can be done
i am on lots of scripts for my bipolol. they just started me on tramadol a month ago. i try not to take it much but finding myself craving it more and more everday. i seem more depressed and with the chantix they gave me to stop smoking for my emphzema , sorry about my spelling . this  has got to quit . cant go on much longer.. any help out there for me??
Unfortunately, for many years, doctors were told that tramadol/Ultram had little or no addiction potential.  In fact, when I was in medical school, that is what we were taught.  Now, however, that has been slow, though much more widespread acceptance of it's potential for dependence.  Every doctor has at least a few patients that come back for more and more narcotics.

I know that there is a lot of doctor 'bashing' about this point.  I do, however, believe that most physicians prescribe tramadol with good intentions.  If you understand, that many have always heard that it is non-addictive by pharmacist and pharma companies, they began to believe it.  Combined with the fact, that doctors prefer to write for non-controlled substances, like tramadol vs controlled narcotics and you have a recipe for the abovementioned problems.  I am not defending stupid doctors - just asking some of you to understand that there was no 'evil' motives as some have alluded.

There is now research suggesting that some people are chemically more susceptible to tramadol dependence and even to its euphoria.  There is even some thoughts that part of its dependence is not even narcotic, perhaps the rapid acting antidepressent component, which increases Serotonin and other neurotransmitters.  It is chemically similar to Effexor.  This may be why it has an atypical withdrawal syndrome.

Personally, as a addiction doctor, I recommend people taper there tramadol slowly, if they are struggling.  Make sure you dose at a minimum of twice daily otherwise you will have daily mini-withdrawals.  If you are down to 2 pills, and yes, going from 2 to 0 is tough for some and easy for others, then you may want to talk with your doctor about getting a special prescription to have the medicine compounded into a suspension.  It may cost you more for the pharmacy to do this, but I guarantee, if you go slow enough, in 5 or 10mg drops every 2 weeks, that your tramadol dependence will be manageable.  I have seen this a thousand times.  Where most people on this program get into trouble is taking booster doses every so often, to get the high.  Resist this temptation.

In the end, remember that this is simply a problem of chemical homeostasis in your body and that it takes time for your body to adjust to changes.  Do not get caught up in the psychological 'BS' of thinking there is something wrong with you.  Remember, this is not a big deal and it happens to thousands of people all the time.  You will be fine and things will get back to normal.

Finally, when you do succeed, don't touch the tramadol again.  I can guarantee, you will easily get back to where you were in a matter of a week or two.  Fight this temptation and think about your previous struggle.

I hope you all find this helpful.  God bless and good luck to you!
I saw in wikipedia Tramadol that most side effects are caused by the withdrawal process
hi im like you i was given by a specalist tramadol 7yrs ago for severe fibromyalgia..i too suffer depression and on meds for that..i realized i was addicted about 2yrs ago...my world has been destroyed and im starting to believe its tramadol and the generic brands they give you...i agree gp's are useless when it comes to tramadol..ive even told mine im addicted and she did nothing, no other pain relief was offered to replace it with, they my gp and specialist put me on morphine patches for a couple of weeks to wheen off but they where useless so my specialist said ah well stop them and stay on the tramadol!!! joke ah...its only been at my request..my shrink said its not my area and fobbed me off, the specialist doesnt seem interested honestly and my gps useless yet i'll be known as a druggy! theres no help out here for people with no money..if i was a celeb everything would happen for me..but when you got no money or private health because you dont have the money their not interested your indespencible..one doctor said to me pity yo havent got private health i could have helped you!!!!! so some of us do ask for help its just no one wants to help...if i die i'll just be known as a junkie wont I..good luck to you
I became addicted to Tramadol about 4 months ago.  I tried tapering it down and I felt like I was coming off heroin, not that I've ever tried herion.  Even a small reduction of 12.5mg (1/4 tablet) generated nasty withdrawal effects, which made me feel like I was going to have a seizure.  I had to stay on 50mg 3x per day until I figured a way to get off this awful stuff.  I did a little research and came across a website www.***********.org.  This site referred me to www.trbhealth.com and I ordered their Body Calm product along with some other supplements.  I have to say this stuff was an absolute miracle for me because it allowed me to taper off this stuff in 2 weeks, compared to a planned 2-4 month taper.  If Body Calm isn't enough they also make a Body Calm Supreme product that they say is stronger.  

Tonight is my last 12.5mg dose and once I'm sure I'm free of all withdrawal symptoms this stuff is going in the garbage.  Good luck to all who are struggling with this demon.  I hope what I have posted helps!!!
Looks like that website got deleted.  Google "The Road Back" and you'll find it.
I currently am trying to quit using Tramadol. I just ran out and am getting very nervous because the pharmacy has informed me I cant get the next script for 5 more days. I descussed this w my Dr. on tuesday and he told me if I run out to call him and they would get me one. I called today and he isnt in the office and his seretary told me she couldnt help me. I have severe w/ draws from it. I was told I would be taken care of and now I have no one to help me. How long does the suffering last. If I goto hospital what will they do to help me.
Hi!  This is a really old post.  You will get more response if you post your own question.  The WDs last about a week as far as the bad physical stuff.  The insomnia and fatigue and depression last longer, depending on how long you were on it.

Just go up and click on "post a question" (green bar) and type what you did here.  That way you will have a thread dedicated to your question and get lots of support!!! : )
Stay away from ultram. Nasty stuff
What is Tramadol? Tramadol is a pain reliever that can help with occasional and chronic moderate and severe pain. It doen't cure what's causing your aches and pains, it just enters the brain and spinal cord and blocks the part of your ...

More your full info about TRAMADOL please visit -  http://www.tramadol-articles.tk
I've been addicted to opiates all of my life.  I have been addicted to heroin, hydromorphone ampules, morphine, methadone, hydrocodone, fentanyl, you name it but by FAR tramadol has posed the worst withdrawal experience by far.  I don't know if it has a lot to do with it's SSRI properties but I have a sneaking suspicion that it does.  Yes, heroin withdrawal is worse, FOR 3 DAYS, after that you start to feel quite a bit better but tramadol?  Oh no, as all of you already know, you are in for a long haul with this little *******.  At least a week of restless legs, arms, and 1 hour a night sleep.  On top of that you have less energy than a 120 year old man for the next at least 2 weeks (this all depends on your personal physiology and length of use and amount of abuse, I was at 450 MG 6x a day for a couple years).  I am on day 3 of W/D from this little &%$@ and I swear to god this is the last time I will ever ingest any opiate.  Tips for anyone out there having trouble, over my years I have figured out some coping mechanisms.  If you are trying to quit but still have to go to work and are scared of what people might notice, relax.  Just tell them you have the stomach flu really bad and try to get some sick days.  If you have any benzodiazepines like Xanax or Klonopin, those can help with the anxiety but for me they increase RLS and arms at night for some reason.  Even if you feel like the living dead, EXERCISE EVERY DAY!  This is crucial!  It will kick in those endorphines and get you feeling at least 1% better.  Invest in an ipod and listen to whatever music gets you pumped for as long as you can, even all night if you can't sleep. This is not easy whatsoever, there is no miricale way to detox, just detox cold turkey, white-knuckle it and get it over with for good.
Hello fellow sufferers of this hellacious devil in disguise, I am now on almost day 11 off of tramadol and I feel probably 75% better than I did on my last post.  I cannot stress this enough, you HAVE to stay busy, no matter how bad you feel and trust me, I was on gran mal seizure inducing dosages for quite some time so my withdrawal (cold turkey by the way) is as severe as they come.  EAT!  I know it all tastes like dry cardboard, just wash it down with lots of water like you're taking a shot of alcohol, oatmeal is an easy one to do that with.  It is so important to stay busy, left to your own devices and getting stuck in your head is TROUBLE. All it takes is a phone call to dude and you have to start ALL OVER.....not fun.....I don't condone the whole "trade one addiction for the other" but as I stated in my last post, most bezodiazepines (Xanax, Klonopin, Valium, Ativan, etc.) will at least relieve some of the severe anxiety and hopefully (if your lucky) let you sleep for an hour or two.  I know you don't want to live like this, who would?  I sure as hell don't.  I have a guy next door right now with a bottle full of methadone and I have a wallet full of money but after the last 10 or so days of hell I went through I actually had the strength to call him and tell him not to talk to me anymore and that I'm done with this ****.  That which cannot kill you can only make you stronger, no matter how hard it is, in a couple weeks the physical part will be over and then you just have to be smart and not take it EVER AGAIN!  Well, I don't know if anyone is going to read these, I hope I helped somebody somewhere, stick to your guns and man/woman up, nobody is going to do it for you, this is your life and you have to choose NOT to take Tramadol or any other opiate, you've already know the eventual end-result, exercise that choice.  My best friend, my little brother and another very close friend of mine all died within 3 months of each other in separate instances, heroin and fentanyl overdoses.....it's not worth it, you only live once, make the best of your life.
Hello, just a few months ago I went off my script of 240 oxy a month along with whatever id buy after they were gone, I just decided I can't live like that anymore, did id cold turkey no drugs to help and believe me I know how you feel, Tramadol does help with withdrawals and no matter what anyone says it is still a step down and working on getting better, I started with a lot ten a day....(Im prescribed 8- 50mg a day) now Im trying to do fewer and fewer each day to wean off them. Good luck I wish you the best.
a week ago i taking 60pills of tramadol 50mg each and i was sick for 3 days but now im i so much pain i cant sleep my doctor put my on trazone 100mg to help me sleep but it not working i still have tramdol im mixing them and drinking goldshlager too but it still not helping im not sure if i should tell my doctor what im trying to do to get to sleep oh ya and i have NF  that (Neurofibromatosis)
I started taking Tramadol about four weeks ago,  for control of osteoarthritis pain (hip).  I was taking 50mg ,  twice per day,  not sure why,  but I developed severe nausea and disorientation about two weeks in,  and so I returned to my Dr,  and he changed me to a 200mg (sustained release dose) once per day.  I was on that for about two weeks,  and again developed nausea and dizzyness,  so I decided that I can live with some pain,  and quit taking the drug.   It has been three days now,  and for that entire period of time,  my stomach has been very upset,  and I have had diarrhea,  anxiety when trying to sleep, and I am just wondering,  based on what I have read here,  is this a normal reaction after only being on the drug for such a short period of time. ??
I know it seems hard to believe after such a short time on the tram to be dealing with all of this - but yes, it can happen.  We've had a ton of members experience what you're now experiencing after such a short time.

Good for you for quitting!  :)  (and yes, the symptoms will go away and you will feel better)
i too am coming off Tramadol, my GP has took me off them and put me on morphine, i was on 800 mg of Tramadol a day and co-codamol she said i didn't need both so took away the Tramadol, my god its hell, this is the 4th day without them she said i would not get withdrawal systems i hate to say she's wrong, but i don't want to go back to them now how many more days do i have to put up with these symptoms?, shaking,hot,cold,sick,dizzy etc and is this normal?? i advise no one to go on Tramadol its a really bad thing to get off sorry if im babbling
I've been on Narcotic Painkillers since 1996 following a terrible MVA. My pain was managed and it's all good, however I just had surgery that will fix my pain. so...
I was on Methadone for many years and once after about 3 years I was post-op and not in pain, thought "I'm okay so I don't need drugs."  Within in a day or so I started withdrawal, was clueless until a friend who is a Drug Counsellor at a youth facility where I volunteer.  I was also PISSED!   I had taken my meds always as perscribed and too niave to understand physical dependence.  So 8 years later and I graduted to Fentanyl Patches, much better than the methadone, but want to come of the drugs again, but don't want to go through my last experience.  I will get a Catapress Patch but am wondering what else I should ask for???  I have both Tramadol and Lortab on hand. Is there a benzine that will help??
Thank-you, Gaby Wilson
I typed in on my gooogle search" does tramadol put you in withdrawal"  it popped up with this forum, which wasnt what I was looking for. I am on a methadone program and was told tramadol put you in instant withdrawal if you are on methadone. I was wondering after reading your post and seeing you are on methadone i was wondering if what the clinic said was true? Have you ever taken tramadol with methadone?
I too had one by myself.  It was so scary.  It's called Serotonin Syndrome/ I think this is one of the worst drugs out on the market.  Before using this do your homework.  It is nothing like narcotics.  
I have been taking 50 mg  Tramadol  tablets three times a day for at least 2 months and i have had no problems with  addiction, it does not have any of the same side effects as an opiate. I dont understand how many are addicted to it.
I've been taking Tramadol since 2000 for Fibromyalgia, RA, and Osteoarthritis pain and Restless Leg Syndrome.  I have been taking the same dose, 3 50mg tablets, 1 at noon and 2 at night an hour before I go to sleep, for all these years.  I will on an occasion take 4 when my pain is unbearable, but no more than that because I end up with an allergic reaction to it, itching.

I have tried all the new pain medications for Fibromyalgia and Arthritis and the side effects far out way the pain I experience.  So, I always return to the Tramadol.  My primary doctor, who is also a pain specialist, monitors my use and knows that I will never abuse this drug.  His associate however, has labeled me as being an addict because I am taking the 150 mg a day, far more than the 50 mg. a day that she has been advised is the recommended dose to avoid addiction.  She feels that I need to change my pain management program and she wants to put me on drugs that are recommended as being less addictive, disregarding the fact that I have never asked for more or gone to another doctor to get more or shown any of the classic signs of addiction.  In the past I have gone off of the Tramadol to try other pain medications for several months and each time they didn't touch my pain and, always, my doctor at the time, would return to the Tramadol.  His reason was that, "why try to fix something that doesn't need fixing."

My primary doctor treats the whole body  while his associate looks at only what the FDA and others say is the best treatment not listening to anything I tell her is going on with my body.  My primary doctor once told me that no one knows my body better than me.  He listens to what I have to say about what's going on and prescribes according to what my body is telling me.  Never once has he said that I was addicted to Tramadol.
Please read all discription before talking tramadol. this blogs will help  http://www.tramadol-guide.com
trying to figure out what is going on with me and looking for some help. I have had chronic neck and pain due to numberous injuries at work (fireman) have been on vicodin for periods of 6 months at a time or more and have went off with no repercussions. But recently We were in Mexico and my lower back was really bothering me...and against my better judgement I bought some 100 Tramadol at a Parmacy. I took one and within 3o minutes pain had subsided...I took 2 a day for 2 days and then went to work on a 48 hour shift and did not take any while working...back was killing me during the shift and could not wait to get of work and took another tramodol...for the next 4 days i took a total of 3 a day...then when I went back to work, not taking any while on duty, at around 24 hours or so of not taking any of the tramadol I got very depressed and have many symptoms that others mention on this forum I do not feel like myself and very depressed....My question is is it possible to have withdrawal symptoms from Tramadol from taking a total of 17 pills (100mgs) during a time frame of 8 days? It has been 4 days now since i have taken them, and plan on never taking these again...any comments would be grateful

343
could not find an edit tab for my last post some corrections
neck and back injuries
and bought 100mg tablets of Tramadol

This is really freaking me out.... ex heroin addict, clean after 8 years and have been given tramadol and been on 8 the last two weeks.... to a lot of you thats nothing and good luck too you all who is doing their rattle! i know it isn't nice from my own experiences! i just wondered how long do you have to be taking them for before it shows withdrawal symptoms???  i certainly don't want another addiction, and obviously the pain it is easy just to pop them.... my doctor now out of hospital has freely given me 200 of them... am i best throwing them away! as i do quite like them too.... good nights sleep
dont talk such rubbish ive been on tramadol for 3 years now im not addicted as i dont take it every day or sometimes only take it every 2 -3 weeks,from time to time it did make me feel sick but only when i was constantly on them increasing the dose they are great for those that are in constant pain and bring great relief,i can help anyone out that needs tramadol email me ***@****
I was put on tramadol over three years ago for restless leg syndrome and arthritis. I understand what you are saying. I cant sleep at nght. I worry about running out of my pills. I count them constantly. I ordered them offline and bought from people that I knew had scripts for them but didn't actually take them. It is horrible and I still tae them on't want to give them up. I cant seem to function without the tramadol. I have slacked off but only because my financial situation has changed and I cant afford the extras. I cant get moving in the morning till my tramadol kicks in. It is horrible but I am not sure what to do.
tramadol addiction wrecks not only the life of the people who are addicted but the familys.....as well
I wish i could smoke pot .But then i feel paranoid all the time and mind thoughts start raceieing out of control.mabe ill give it another chance legally ...is it herd to get a medical card for pot???
thank you for the advice about your situation im currently struggling  with addiction i was taking tylenol 3 in got hooked on tramadol i would have never thought i would still be addicted to some type of pain killers
I recently caught my spouse taking these awful pills.  He had been to rehab once for vico addiction.  Now these.. It is unbelievable.  I made him leave.  For the sake of my children I can't live like this.      
My husband has been taking these pills also. I"ve made him leave the house. And he still ends up with taking them. He has been on them for five years. I don't know what else to do. My family and his family have all been by his side. They also think he dosen't take them anymore. Little do they know that he is still on them. We have two kids and at this point I'am ready to leave. Any suggestions.

23
I can totally relate to your comments.  I just started "moving" now this morning  ONLY because i've taken tramadol 20 minutes ago.... I continuoulsy worry about how many I have left or when I will get my next script.  Its horrible....its been my life now for years ....

jonny in WI.
Yes, at 38 years old, I was diagnosed with cataracts.  It was a complete nightmare because of this drug.
have people been know to crush and snort tramadol?
No, do not snort tramadol.  You nasal hell.
Tramadol took away my back pain and I slept good.  However I woke up with a stiff hand.  This scares me.  What do you think?
how can l help my partner get off it?
Hi Angie56, I realize this reply is like 4 years after your post but I too suffer with RLS and today 4th Feb 2016 the neuro has recommended Tramadol, I am already on 30mg Oxycontin, plus sinemet plus 3x25mg.. I hope that you are still around on here as I would be interested in hearing about your RLS experience, like how  serious your Dr took you before treatment etc, because i have really struggled, for me its an all body experience and it really is hell in existence underneath my skin.. after reading about Tram, i am pretty nervous now about the combo with Oxycontin, though the Neuro seemed ok with it.. many thanks and kind regards OBM
tramadol is the only drug i have ever had any anti-depressant effect with, it gives tremendous anti-depressent effects within .5 hour.  The "addiction" referred to regarding tramadol is most likely the first time depressed patients have felt what it feels like to not be depressed.  Of course they want to repeat the experience.