Tramadol

I've been suffering from severe eye pain and my pain control is not working well enough. I'm currently on Dihydrocodeine 30 mg 6 times daily. And I'm wondering if tramadol is stronger, the information I've found on this drug conflicts and I'm just wondering if you could tell me if tramadol would be stronger than the drug i'm currently using and wether it is adictive. And what type of drug is it, the only type of drug which helps my pain are narcotics nothing else does anything.

Andrew
I was pretty addicted to Tramadol when i was still using drugs.Although it is weak and will not cause any physical addiction ,it can be phsycologically addicting.I was taking up to 800mg per day of Ultram just for the high, and i got a Rx of 120 per month for over a year.As the Doc says above , it is narcotic like.
Besides an addiction problem with ultram, my wife had a "seizure"
(in public) due to the ultram, as it is one of the side effects.
how long will it take to become addicted to ultram? it helps with my nerves and wiyh menepause hot flashes .i take 6 a day 50 mg each is this to much. it does help me cope with deperssion
Ultram should not be taken for nerves, hot flashes or depression.  It is very addictive and at the dosage you are taking you can expect some withdrawal after a month or two.  I would taper it off slowly and hope for the best.  Ultram withdrawal can be bad and can last for quite some time.
Hello Andrew,
I'm sure you have probably received replies to your posting by now, but I thought I should let you know about my experience with Ultram (tramadol).  I was taking Ultram for about 6 months, right after its introduction, for lower back pain from 2 spinal surgeries.  During this time, I was also suffering from depression.  I was prescribed elevil (tricyclic antidepressant) along with Ultram.  These two meds didn't mix!  During the time I was taking the tramadol, I kept having problems with my tongue involuntarily jumping to the roof of my mouth while speaking.  I had no idea that these were mild seizures, until I suffered a grand mal seizure a little later.
I did receive pain relief from tramadol, and would even recommend it for mild to moderate pain relief, but do watch out for drug interactions, and stick to the exact dosage.  Good luck to you with your eye pain, and I hope this helps a little.
I have been taking ultram for about 10 months.  I have become sick to my stomach, have night sweats, extremely agitated including anxious over things that I could previously handle. I now have very loose stools since I have stopped taking it a couple of days ago.  My chest is tight.  I have had a major episode of depression and am confused about what is happening to me.  I am going to see my doctor tomorrow, but that seems a long way off?  Does this drug act on the central nervous system and how does it affect the dopamine level.  Could my feeling of heading downward be from this drug and what can I expect since I stopped taking it? Help?  I'm pretty scared!
What you are going through is withdrawal.  Although Ultram is not an narcotic per se, it binds to the opiate receptors.  It's action is such that discontinuation of Ultram will cause withdrawal symptoms.  Ultram withdrawal is sometimes more prolonged than with narcotics.  Your doctor may know nothing about this because many doctors think because it is not classified as a narcotic it is "safe" and has no addiction and withdrawal potential.  My advice to you is to go back on the Ultram or a narcotic for a period of time and taper your dosage down by about 10% every few days.  Or, if you can get access to it, get buprenorphine prescribed through a detox doctor or program.  It will enable you to clear the Ultram off your opiate receptors and can then be withdrawn with little or no ill effects.  Any more questions, please post.  Good luck.
i am detoxing of of norco, it is very bad right now, i dont know what to do, i have some tramadol, will this help me detox off the the norco? please help me. is there any herbal medication i can take? i have to go to work on monday, if i dont i will lose my job. please help me it is really really bad right now.
yes, Tramadol in small doses will help you detox off the Norco. Take one first thing in the morning and another 3/4 hours later. DO NOT take too many as they will make you very sleepy and feel dizzy. If you get any relief from the tramadol you should then start to take walks at night, drink lots of water and take warm baths to induce sweating/detox. Take them for a week at the longest and taper to only one a day..TRAMADOL can be just as hard to get off of.
i know exactly what you are going through. my doc prescribes me norco.. it is gone a week later i get 100 of them. the more i have the more i take. then when they are gone, i flip out. i dont think i can perform my job duties. its like i dont have the "energy". i wish i wouldve never started taking pills. it is the most addicting thing i have ever done.
Hello, I'm from Australia and have been prescribed Tramadol for pain relief associated with Fibromyalgia (chronic pain disorder). Yes... the Doc said it's not addictive!! Now, i don't know if i'm Arthur or Martha!
As i lay there with my skin crawling as if ants are under my skin and still suffering pain. My head is ringing! also i've been given a tricyclic antidepressant which is not at all recomended, but they still do it. I've taken my dose and kind of feel normal again! I don't know where to turn anymore. G.P's are f&%ken useless. Naturopath's too expensive and hospitals too busy!
Anyway... after reading this forum i'm convinced i'm addicted in some way!
Thanks for your time
Mic
I was taking Tramadol for leg pains. I have been taking 6 tablets daily for about a year. The only feeling I get from it is it alleviates the pains in my lower legs. I get no other feeling. My doctor has decreased my dosage from 6 a day to 3. This doctor has discovered that over the years the way I walk is affecting my legs. She is going to help me through orthotics. It will take a while but she is pretty sure I will be pain free. After reading some of the comments I am nervous as i had no idea I was addicted. I don't think about taking the Tramadol if my legs aren't hurting. I am hoping that weening me off by reducing the 6 I take to 3 will help.
Ive been taking tramadol for years now. Ive tried to taper off and the withdrawl was to much to take. Im now taking 7 or 8 at one time everyday and sometimes 4 or 5 later that day. I know im addicted and I dont know what to do. Im ordering them on the internet and it is costly. I cant believe I can get this drug online with no rx. Its not right. Part of the problem with my addiction is this drug curbs my hunger it takes it all away!! Im able to maintain 100lbs. with the drug. Im worried about my liver and the side effects are really bothersome I cant sleep, I have night sweats, my eyes look a little yellow. This drug has never made me feel "high". That was never the reason I took it. Its always been about helping the hunger go away. Does anyone know about this side effect of the drug. Why do I gain wieght when I tapper down even when im not eating. Does it speed up the metabolism or what because it just doesnt seem like I should be gaining with the same calorie intake. How can I stop this. I went to my doctor a year ago and he tried tappering it down and it was horrid. He thinks I stopped taking it. Then I went to a phycologist and talked to her about my eating dissorder and then told her about the tramadol and how it helpped me to curb my hunger. She said that she couldnt help me and that I need to contact a rehab center but it was so hard for me to get up enough nerve just to tell her. No one can help me. Im not the typical addict you know. Im well educated Im married with a small child and we are living in upper class america the big house and everything. Its my big secret and not many know except my husband. He wants it to stop but he cant bare to see me withdraw. He loves me so much and wants to help me but its gotten to a point where its easier to just ignore it.
I know how ur feeling. I ve been taking tramadol consistently now for 18months. I used to take ony 4-5 a day. But now for the last 6mos I've been taking up to 20 a day. I 'm withdrawing bad rite now because I haven't had any trams in 60hrs. Im kinda freaking out. I tried buying them online , but i never received them. Where do you get yours? I should quit taking them but I'm not near as productive at work. I'm a self-employed plumber, and time is money. What should I do.

Freakin in Denver
This Drug.. Tramadol.. i wouldnt recomend it to anyone... pain or not.  I just came off it after taking quite a few a day and now ive developed sever panic attacks.... they last up to 2 hours sometimes and ive been to the hospital for them 4 or 5 times.   My heart races so fast im afraid i might have a heart attack.   When will this stop?  ive been off it now for about a week.

HELP
My over night meds.com, The meds all come from a licenced pharmacy in the us so you know what your getting. I think you should use this oportuninty to quit. There is this web site im thinking of joining turntohelp.com its a forum where as soon as a doctor in your area opens up he will email you and then you can go into his office to be treated. They give you new drugs to help ease the withdrawl and I think your insurance will pick up the bill as well. Check it out it sounds good to me and I just cant go on like this any more!!!!! Good luck and check back let me know how you are doing!
When you get to the turntohelp.com site type in your zip and it will bring you to a page with doctors in your area that can help but above the list is NAABT right to the left of letter to your doctor click on that and it takes you to a new site you can sign up at to find a doctor to help you! Again good luck I think this is what I'm gonna do and I'll let you know how it turns out.
But he has the same panic disorder and he takes 1mg Xanax’s three times a day.  Is this a double standard? I think it is because he truly loves my and wants to live a long and healthy life together without pills.  I did this search to find a tramadol addiction website because I haven’t told you the icing on the cake yet. Friday night I cooked dinner, had the house spotless, had his favorite candles everywhere and was trying to set the mood for a very peaceful evening at home. I am content with staying at home now because I have the Love of My Life with me now and don’t need to spend money to be happy. Anyway, I brought K his dinner and I went back to the kitchen, grabbed my tray and started walking towards the living room where we always eat.  I don’t know what happened but I woke up sometime later with his sister (a Nurse) and the ambulance people hovering over top of me.  I was so scared, disoriented, and was acting drunk.  I hit my head and landed on my left arm.  I refused to ride in the ambulance and K talked me into going to the hospital.  I had never passed out like that before.  The paramedics asked me what drugs I had taken and when I told them I realized that I was a walking overdose.  I had tramadol in my stomach, Demerol, Nyquil, and xanax.  They took my straight back to the emergency room and took x-rays of my arms, chest, and skull/brain, everything appeared normal even though I have a big fall and I was in sever pain in my left arm.  This is the part that gets me and I don’t understand and never will.  The doctor ordered a urine test to see what all I had in me. That was fine, I had nothing to hide, I had already told them everything a had taken and I let my fiancé and my mother stay in the room when he came back with this results because I thought he was going to tell me the same thing I told him.  Much to my surprise he said I tested positive for PC in my urine.  I had never even heard of PCP or Angel dust or acid or whatever they call it and it was apparently in my system.  I was shocked and still today I am convinced that that test results were somebody else’s or it was faulty.  K went to different pharmacies and called them and explained all the medication I was on and asked would that possible show up as PCP?  They all said no but I don’t understand.  K said he wasn’t not worried about it but I better not do it again (But I didn’t).  He isn’t breaking up with me and I think he thinks I did it anyway so I have nothing to hide by telling the truth and the truth is I haven’t taken any street drugs since I was in college and I experimented with cocaine.  What do I do?  How can I save what’s left of my name by proving that I didn’t do any illegal drugs.  I would never risk loosing K.  I do anything and everything for him.  I do all the cooking and all of the cleaning and iron his clothes when we go out, wash and dry his work uniforms and all the laundry and towels.  I am in serious love with this man and I have no doubt that he is the one I want to be with for the rest of my days here on earth.  I want him to believe me when I say I haven’t done PCP.  I even let them stay in the hospital room for the results because I had nothing to hide so you would think that would count for something.  I also need to get off of tramadol completely.  He said he’s not putting up with this for the rest of his life.  I don’t blame him; he deserves the best as do I.  We have both been hurt numerous times and found consolment and a beautiful love with each other.  I am frightened and the most scared I have ever been in my life at the thought of K not wanting to be with me anymore.  He says he just wants the old Joey back. AND I DO TO. I hate having to take pills just to function and have a half descent day.  Can anyone help me?  Is there a medication that can help wean me off of this dang drug for good?  I am not going to loose the best thing that ever happened to me over pills that are costing us a lot of money and putting a strain on our relationship.  PLEASE HELP.  If anyone has some advice, any at all, please don’t hesitate to answer. My mom doesn’t think this is addictive because her doctor told her it wasn’t but I know otherwise as do all of you victims.  Im getting to where I can’t sleep at night, I am keeping him up to all hours of the night and we can’t even be romantic because the pills hinder me from getting aroused.  So now after this hospital thing and knowing 100% that I overdosed, I am ready to get down to business.  I need some help.  What kind of time frame should we give me to get off?  I am supposed to be on three a day but sometimes I take four if im really depressed or anxious.  I want my new husband to be proud of me and not worry to death over me while he is at work.  I wish everyone good luck in getting off this terrible drug but please don’t forget get to remember me and send some help my way.   Detox in a hospital is not an option. Can somebody please post a comment detailing how addictive this drug is so K will hear it from somebody else and not just me and maybe he can take some of yawl’s advice and apply it to me.  I am serious about getting off of it.  At first I just was going to get off of it to satisfy K but now I see that it is ruining both of our lives and I am doing this for the both of us. Thanks in advance Joey soon to be Kingston.
I am on my 3rd day of decreasing my Tramadol intake.  I've been on them for about 7 months and was taking 3-4 a day and on a few days more than that.  My dr. prescribed them for my osteoarthritis in my knee's, and Wow!  It sure took the pain way!  However, had I known the addictive nature and how hard it is to come off these, I would have never started taking them.  During those 7 months there were times when I'd have to wait a day to pick up a new prescription and there go a day without them. Those were rough days.. I'd have zero energy, could barely make it to the kitchen from the livingroom and got the restless legs at night.  I never put the two and two together until I decided that I did not want to be on these anymore and did some research.  I now know why I was feeling what I was feeling. So, now I am on day 3 of going from 200 mg to 100 mg.  I cut my pills in half and take one around lunchtime and then before I go to bed.  The worst affect I've had is in my legs.  I want to just sit at work and cry they ache so BAD!