Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
Trazadone and Klonopin..???

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Trazadone and Klonopin..???

So I talked to my Doctor after a little convincing from my mom after I told her what I was going through.  He prescribed me Trazadone to help with my sleeping and rls at night.  Now, I'm on Klonopin (which I hate, but will deal with that monster when I defeat this one) because of a genetic Anxiety Disorder and take one 1mg pill in the morning and, if needed, at the MOST 1/4 pill at night around  5 or 6.  I was looking up a few things about Trazadone and really didn't like what I read about the two being taken.  Now, what I've read is being taken at the same time.....I don't know the effect it would have if taking one in the morning (Klonopin) and taking a half Trazadone at night (these are 50mg full pill).  Anyone have any experience with this?  
You may find that you don't need the Klonopin but for tonight,just take the trazodone and ask the doctor about it in the morning.  The trazodone will get you drowsy so I wouldn't take them together.
trazodone didnt help too much with the rls for me.... but i found a wonder drug (not really a drug but i think its amazing) i took trazodone the last time i detoxed and it helped alot with sleep... go to a supplements store and get magnesium/calcium supplement... take them both before bed... noticed a mega difference from just taking trazodone... trust me its a godsend! im going to start tomorrow, judgment day i like to call it..anyway good luck! btw the stuff i got was liquid, tastes like crap but really helped!
i take klon and ambien on a need only basis....i dont have a prob stoping them but thats me...do what u have to to stop the nacotics i say
I picked up some Nyquil just in case....still going back and forth on it.  Thought the Nyquil might help with the leg "oogies".
how did you sleep hun?
Hey!  I slept sooo deep!  No RLS at all.  I took the Nyquil instead of the Trazadone.  I figured following my gut was the best idea.  Of course, I hated that it had the acetametaphine in it, but I'm a crazy coffee person and figured that's got to help somewhat and I'm taking some amazing vitamins.  I've got the day-after-Nyquil groggies, but slowly starting to feel more normal as the day goes on. :o)  I actually finished a whole muffin for breakfast this morning!  Yesterday all I could stomach was a muffin that I ate throughout the whole day and for dinner a SMALL bowl of soup and crackers.  I think lunch might be doable today.  I know they're silly things, but to me they are big steps. My mental state is alot better....still up and down but more ups than downs.  I'm doing the "fake it till ya make it" today...have LOADS of running around to do.  Just keeping the thought in my head that I'm just getting over a stupid flu...hehe.  How are you doing??
Im good ( got dental work done and so my face is super sore) still sober and i got my appetite back today (day 5) OMG I ate 3 hamburgers (and i NEVER eat that much!) My physical pain is nonexistent at thsi point just gotta control my mental urges now!! If i can do this you can do this STAY strong!
Great to hear!! <3  Well...not about dental work..that's never great, but at least you're doing it sober!  YAY!!  My tummy is actually growling for food....thank the heavens for Pad Thai and Soup!  I've been making jewelry for my shop today...2 pieces down and a couple more to do!  I totally agree....having control is driving my strength.  This is my ride now and I'M OWNING IT!!
I didn't know it was jewelry that you made thats so cool! I wish I had a talent like that....isn't it great though to feel in control of your day....no longer are the days that i lived around getting and doing pills ugh so done with it....I love my new sobriety and Im thankful I have someone like you to share these little accomplishments with :) hope you had a good day running around as u said *hugs*
HI Mikanik!

Awesome work!  I'm so happy to hear you are staying strong.  Hungry and sleeping are GREAT news. But the best news is you are being creative!  My creativity is my sanctuary.  Keep taking brave steps towards recovery and your clean time will accumulate. Be proud of yourself, you've come a long way in a few short days...(:

So proud of you...
Lu