Tridural?
Does anyone know about these? It's the extended release version of tramadol but I'm wondering if anyone knows anything else? I was prescribed it in Canada on vacation by a doctor in my mother in laws clinic. I am using it until next Friday when I'm on a long weekend and am going to stop taking it and going med free! I've tapered down to 1 pill from 8-10
Hmm. I've heard of ultram,I thought that was the extended release version of tramadol. I'll google it and check it out. Is exceeding your 1 pill by much? What's the dosage it lets out over the 12 hour period?
The usual starting dose of tramadol extended release is 100 mg once every 24 hours. Your doctor may gradually increase the dose by 100 mg every 2 to 5 days, up to a maximum of 300 mg every 24 hours.

The medication may be taken with or without food, but it should be taken consistently (i.e., either always with food or always without food) and with a glass of water. The tablets should be swallowed whole and must not be broken, chewed, or crushed. Breaking the tablets may cause too much medication to be absorbed into the body at one time and may be fatal.

Many things can affect the dose of a medication that a person needs, such as body weight, other medical conditions, and other medications. If your doctor has recommended a dose different from the ones listed here, do not change the way that you are taking the medication without consulting your doctor.

Do not stop taking this medication without talking with your doctor. If this medication is stopped suddenly, you may experience withdrawal symptoms such as anxiety, sweating, trouble sleeping, shakiness, nausea, tremors, diarrhea, or hallucinations.

It is important to that this medication be taken exactly as prescribed by your doctor. If you miss a dose, take it as soon as possible and continue with your regular schedule. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for a missed one. If you are not sure what to do after missing a dose, contact your doctor or pharmacist for advice.
This is what I found.
Thank you. My mother in law said it was ok to cut them in half so I'm only on 50mg. I was on 100mg per pill.  I got about 100 pills but flushed all but the ones I need to make it to next Friday. I have started aftercare as well. So it releases it all at once? Or over 24 hours? I'm confused
From what I get out of what Krissy  posted is that if you cut or break in half it may release all the meds at once instead of over 24 hour period. Be careful
Yes that's right. If it's broken in half you'll get the full 50mgs at once because you broke the time release coating on the pill.