Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
Trigger days?

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Trigger days?

I'm on day 12 and so far it's been great but I was curious if anyone has a certain day of the week that's harder for them? Today is my off day from work and I'm usually alone for part of the day. This was always the day I needed my fix so I could get things done. How pathetic is that? I just liked the energy I had even though I probably didn't do anymore than I normally did. I made it thru last Thursday while still going thru wd so I'm sure today should be a little easier. I'm planning on staying busy and going to see some people that I have neglected during the past year. People who are in worse shape than me that need some encouragement. Don't worry about me giving in, that's not happening! I'll lock myself up if I have to but im not going back no matter what! Thanks for all the help and advice, this place has been god sent for me. Thanks again!
No doubt, MONDAY!  After a weekend of yardwork or gardening and honeydo's.
I still struggle with mornings. Id pop a few pills first thing in the morning to "get me going". That has been hard- you have to change your entire routine and habits. At first it feels weird and awkward but as time passes it gets back to feeling like the norm. You are doing the right thing by staying busy. But def change your "normal" habit to a new healthy one. Great Job! (((hugs)))~Bkitty
Thanks for the advice! I have always lived a healthy lifestyle till my addiction started a few years ago. I had never used anything till I got hurt then got hooked. No alcohol nothing! I still have a hard time dealing with how I got hooked after living my whole life clean? I'm eating healthier now, taking vitamins and drinking lots of water. I'm exercising daily which has helped so much. Thanks again I really appreciate all your help!
paydays were really hard for me the first month or so.  But after getting through your trigger days & events without using, it starts getting much easier.  Great job on 12 days!
Oh gosh the mornings were so rough for me too! I'd pop one every morning before I hopped in the shower and it took a good 2 weeks to get over the weird feeling of NOT doing that! Now I'm having more energy in the mornings than when I was popping a pill! Crazy! Loving it!

I think the worst day for me is Saturday if I have no plans. I work all week and stay busy but Saturday I'll find myself laying around getting depressed which makes me super tired. So my plan has been to plan something every Saturday! :) This Saturday I'm shopping with the money that I would have previously spent on pills!
Mid days during the week were super hard for me in the beginning! I would wake up (HA thats laughabke since I didnt really sleep) and usually have this weird energy and would go for a run and at nights I was busy with meetings, or friends. But Mid day, I was bored usually and thats when it was hardest for me! Being bored and withdrawls dont mix!

Congrats on day 12!! Great job!
No particular day of the week for me.  They tend to jump out of nowhere and blindside me!  It didn't happen until a couple weeks out,  hit me like a ton of bricks . I just crank my music and clean.
congrats on day 12!
sundays are no doubt the hardest for me. I'm off work on sundays and have nuthing to do. You would think that days when I work would be harder..but for me theyre not. I have a harder time on days that I have nothing to do and no motivation to get up and get going. What helps me is having a plan for the day and having something to get up and do
Days off work, mornings, paydays, days I have lots to do, days I have nothing to do, a bad day, lots of reasons I find.  But the hardest one for me to get over is the mornings.   Now I pop a handful of vitamins and drink an ensure to get me started.   Even having a cup of coffee and a smoke in the morning triggers me sometimes because I'd take my pill, wait on the coffee and the pill would start kicking in.  The coffee and smoke just made it better.   I don't drink nor smoke like I did.   You will probably find all kinds of them as time goes on.    
I changed up my daily routine in hopes of outsmarting my brain.  It seemed to work rather well.  Usually i will get hit with a craving when life is moving along smoothly.  Always keep that guard up!
I get the urge everytime I feel my anxiety starting up. But then I take a ten second breather and I feel better. Best of luck to you!!
Today!  My skid loader aint running right and neither am I.  I hate not gettin to work in sunshine, when a paying job exist.  Oh well,   I got this place, for today.
Just thought I would let everyone know that I made it thru the day fine! Thanks for all the support. Looking foward to day 13 tomorrow!
Sorry about you skidsteer! Better days ahead! Lol
Yeah for getting thru the day!! I thought about you earlier and said a small prayer!! And another day under the belt!! Woo Hoo!! (((hugs)))~Bkitty
That made me smile :) thanks so much!
It's kinda weird how things have been working out for me. My guy who happens to a friend of mine from way back texed me yesterday and said he needed to come by and pick up some stuff. I told him I would sit it out for him. Well just my luck I was at my shop and he pulls up! My first thought was " oh crap" I reminded him again of my situation and he said " I'm proud of you". Then he went on to tell about getting a visit a few days earlier. Just so happens some people showed up and asked him for a pill check! He and his dad are both in pain management. Lucky for him his guy had given them up and he had all his pills! He said I'm done! God what a relief! I explained my new found freedom and told him I couldn't be around him anymore. He agreed and left on good terms. Man what a day! Thanks again for all the prayers and support! It means more than you'll ever know and for all those who have helped me, you will always hold a special place in my heart!
OH My Gawd, tell me about it....I did the same EXACT thing! Every morning I would get up, take some pills, pour my coffee and have my smokes while checking my emails! Everytime i get on my computer with coffee and ciggy in hand....I feel like that lil demon is missing, lol! Kind of makes me cringe..ughhh. Hard to change that routine since I have always started my mornings like that (even before the demon)....ughhhh. It does help to hear that I am not the only one having trouble in the am's. Once I am able to get the chronic pain under control with some (non-narcotic) meds, I'm thinking about starting to go for a jog in the am ;)
got the skidloader running this afternoon.  I love playing in the dirt, it never complains!
Lol! I played in the dirt today with my tractor! It is kinda soothing. Nothing like the smell of fresh dirt!