Trying to wean off of tramadol, thomas recipe?
I am trying to do a slow taper off of tramadol and I have heard about something called the thomas recipe but I wanted to get some feedback.

Has anyone ever used this method and if so did it help significantly? I am only taking one half of a 50 mg tramadol three times per day and I am pretty used to it but the absolute HELL I feel even if I stop taking this little amount is unbearable. I can't take time off of work to get off of the tramadol so I need to be able to function.

I have also heard that tramadol serves as an antidepressent? This dosen't surprise me because when I tried to quit the tram cold turkey I felt the worst kind of depression I have ever felt before...and I have always been a pretty positive and happy person.

Can anyone give me some insight as to what helped you/your family etc? The very worst symptoms I experience are restlessness and lack of sleep as well as extreme exhaustion. I feel like I couldn't be more tired yet I just can't go to sleep, I've tried melatonin, nyquil, a combination of the two...nothing seems to work.

ANY advice on how to get through this with the least discomfort possible would be greatly appreciated!
tramadol works on the same receptors as does opiates,but is not considered an opiate.go figure.it is addictive because of this reason.did you tell your doctor this. i dont know all that much about tramadol,but i would get myself a good sleep med.while going through this ,and this will help you sleep
yes...it helped me tremedndously....u r at a fairly low dose of tram no which is great...it is found in the health pages and is basically for the fatigue depression and axiety that can come with detox...the amino acids help your brain to heal as well...exercise is also extremely helpful..keep on going and keep posting