Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
Tylenol #4

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Tylenol #4

I have four Tylenol #4. Will that be enough to get me through two days of work? I then have 3 days off to ct. I have been taking 120mgs a day of Lortab/Percocet.
I would say that if you have been taking that amount a day, the codeine won't touch the WDs.  It could.....but I doubt it!  When did you take your last pill?  You could still be ok to work tomorrow.  Day 3 is usually the worst according to most people here.

There are OTC things that will help much more than the T4.  Have you got the list of stuff we tell people to get to help, or do you need it?

Good luck!  Let us know how you are feeling! : )
To the best of my knowledge,the forum can't really tell you that.Switching one for another,unless done by a doctor can lead to more trouble.Three days wont get you through anyway.                                            kc
Man i just love how you always come through for people so quickly.Thank you!!!!! Well- guess I'll just see what happens. I have never called out sick so if I have to I will just consider it the call out that may save my job anyway
Sweetie, you are so welcome.  Thing is, there are things you can do to lessen the WDs and actually make it somewhat tolerable.  Hot baths for one!  Thomas Recipe is a life saver.  So is Hylands Leg Cramps.  Gatorade and apple juice help too.  Gotta stay hydrated.  

Keep posting ok?  We want to help you and know how you are doing!!!!
I have a bunch of neurontin that the VA gave me for "nerves", some vitamens and some benzo's which I don't like but if they will help sleep through some of this....It's time to jump and I need to just put on my big girl panties and step up to the plate. Enough of this living day to day counting, worrying, hiding (though I'm probably not as hidden as I think I am) and be as brave as everyone else on this site is. I should take those 4 pills, take a shower, clean the house, go stock up on amino acids, gatoraide and just be done with it!.
Yes ma'am!  Get on with it!!!  There is only one way through this, and that is to just JUMP, and be done with it.  I have to say thank you for something.  What you said about counting, worrying, hiding.....that really made me grateful for my sobriety again!  See.....that is what I hated most.  Making sure I had enough pills for this or that or can I go on vacation or will I be in WD and miserable?  I HATED that life, but I didn't know the way out.  Or maybe I knew, but I was unwilling to do anything about it.  Either way, it took me 15 years and some serious consequences to get it through my head.  I don't miss all that crap ONE bit!!!  I love to be able to relax, wake up, exercise, go on trips, swim, play with my kids, cook....etc....all without pills or WDs!

You will love your life so much more when this is over!  I promise!  It doesn't take all problems away, but it sure helps a lot!
Hang in there, it will be a ride, but one well worth it!!!

IMHO 160mgs of codeine wont do much for your previous habit.

Stock up on that gatorade and those aminos!!!

Henry
I am "hanging" at 50mgs a day, but that was such a huge drop that I have major symptoms, but can make it to work.
Hey there!!!!!

Yes you can do this.  Tapers are tough huh???  The fact you are staying on track shows us all how seriously you are about taking care of your problem.

You just keep keeping because you're on the right path.  Can't wait to see you become the next measure of success here!!!!

bob