Ultram vs. Ultracet
I am a little confused about ultrams and ultracets. Can anyone tell me which one is stronger? My boyfriendd has been taking ultrams for sometime and takes a lot... he got some ultracets the other day and took way more are they less potent
ultracet has acetominophen (tylenol) in them, and the tramadol doesnt.  They can come in varying dosages. Why is he taking them? Does he want to quit? Tram is a dangerous drug to take and to stop, you have to taper down slowly or you could have seizures. You can have seizures from takign too many as well. How long has he been on them?
Tramadol is the active drug in both - they come in different strenghts.

It is a nasty drug - I was prescribed it by my Dr. as non addictive pain med - but it is not. It is metally and physically addictive - and one of the worst drugs to come off of.
I am just starting to try and get off it after 4 years of abuse.
I am sure others will chime in - many have suffered because of this drug.  Please read the posts on tramadol - the more knowledge your boyfriend and you have the better.
If I could do it over - I wouldn't go any where near this drug!!
As trouble said, the active ingredient in both is TRAMADOL.  It is an often misprescribed, underestimated,  and dangerous drug.  It's a synthetic OPIATE.  The problem with tramadol is that like other opiates, a person builds up tolerance to the drug, requiring more and more of the drug over time to feel less unwell.  

It's extremely difficult to come off of.  I took it for more than 6 years and only stopped cold turkey last December.  The first five days was HELL.  

Probably the longest running active forum on medhelp devoted entirely to tramadol addiction is the EmilyPost forum. You may want to check it out.  

Be understanding with your bf.  Good people develop addictions.  Good luck.  Fred