Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
Ultram withdrawal

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Ultram withdrawal

How long does it take to get Ultram out of your system? I take 3 a day ... I just need to know how many days or weeks will it take?
although I have never gone through Ultram withdrawal, I heard it was worse than Hydro or Oxycodone withdrawal.  I guess it all depends on how long you were taking them.  Did you get the recipe that helps with withdrawals..If not I will post it for you.  My withdrawal this past month took all of thirty days.  Hopefully for you it won't take that long. Its different for everyone and once the physical withdrawals are gone, I had alot of mental addictions to deal with.  (the whispers as we call it)

I have also heard that some coming off of ultram didn't have any withdrawal symptoms.  Maybe you will be one of the lucky ones.  If not. prepare to be sick.  Its no picinic. Let me tell you!  

Let me know if you need The Famous Thomas recipe that will help you detox.

Good luck to you
Suze
Can u please elaborate on "mental" addictions and the whispers?  
I am on stadol nasal spray for headaches.  
Thank you very much!
Peace to all...
Suzie
The mental addiction..simply put my mind always thinking about the pills..The whispers in my head that I need the pills, I want the pills. It was horrible for me to the point that i had to throw all prescription pill bottles away.  Just seeing those brough back the whispers.  If I saw a movie and they opened their medicine cabinet and i saw pill bottles the thoughts of..wow, I need some of those pills came back.  Thats all mental, Or even passing a pharmacy in Kmart or something would get me thinking again and it drove me nuts.
That was my mental part and the whispers.

Hugs,
Suze
I was taking ultram 8 x's a day. When I quit taking it, the next morning I felt like I'd been hit by a truck and shook for 2 days. After about 5 days, I felt like I was getting back to "normal" To me, the withdraws weren't as bad as from vics, or etc. It was easier for me to taper off of them too. I found myself actually forgetting to take one. Hope it goes well for you too.
Just had to post. One of the things that has really helped me during the first 2 weeks has been Celebrex (non-narcotic). It helped tremendously with the restless legs and aches.

Hi to all,

I am on Ultram for the second time. The first time, I went off it I don't recall any withdrawal, except I had severe convulsions in church for six hours and had to to be helped to walk after that. Then I started heaving for two days. I do not think Ultram was involved as I cut it and was cutting down from 10 Mg,s of Klonopin really fast. I think it was the Klonopin withdrawal as that is what cleared it up.

It was the second time for DT'S in three months. The first time, in February I was on triple out-patient detox from 300 mg's Codiene a day, 10 mg's Klonopin and I bottle alcohol, (Gin).  The Ultram never seemed to phase me but the Klonopin nearly killed me. I am on Klonopin now and feel somewhat sick today. I cut down yesterday from four to three 50 mg tabsof Ultram, but I think the constipation is what is making me feel crappy. I feel like a backed up sewer system, so to speak. Once I cut back to only when desperately in pain, I will clean out and feel fine. I am depressed though but I believe more alcohol withdrawal rather than Ultram.

Chatahan.....wildcat

BTW, I forgot to add, I tried Celebrex and Vioxx and neither worked at all just like Tylenol. Only Ibuprofen works for me, besides the Codiene of course but I am off of that.

Chatahan.......wildcat
Hey there Wildcat!
I agree, I have boxes of sample vioxx in my cabinet and maybe two pills missing..Doesn't work..Neither did the celebrex.  Maybe our pain is just too bad.  

I'm gona email you, haven't forgotten.  Hugs to you!

Suze
I am far from an expert on these matters ... and you are a very brave person, but perhaps it would be wise to taper off one thing at a time. I mean .. it would be safer. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers .... ((( wildcat )))

(Starraven)

Thanks for the nice comments. I am looking forward to your email. I agree, ur pain must be too strong for most meds.

Take care and God Bless.

(Golden1),

Thank you for the advice,

The first triple detox was not by choice, I was cut off by my Doc because I was drinking along with the pills, I had been sober from the booze for nearly two years but had relapsed in January.

The second time I was just plain angry at the addictions and tried on my own, a big mistake and major failure because as soon as the seizures and DT'S started I Crashed and Burned back to the booze and my Doc scolded me about taking the Klonopin and refraining from the booze. I was down to 1 mg of Klonopin. She put be back on 8 mg's.

I am going to take it one at a time this time, yes. I cannot go through that again. The Ultram is first along with the booze. I am on and off with the booze, I just need to buckle down. It's mainly boredom when I drink, so I just need to keep busy even if I have to force myself. I am starting correspondance courses soon and that will take alot of my time besides keeping house, yard and 10 cats and 1 dog happy. Thanks for your concern and encouragement. Good luck to you on your Ultram withdraw as well.

Take care and God bless,

Chatahan.......wildcat
I too am an "older" person and although I messed with drugs in my youth, I straightened out and started a family and all that good stuff. My kids are grown and I have grandchildren now. I didn't even take an asprin for 20 years. Then one day, I needed dental work and the dentist perscribed vicoprophen for pain. By the time I was done with the work, the drugs had altered my brain chemistry and I began to have bouts of pain, fatigue and depression. The pain was really bad and I was eventually refered to a rheumatologist. I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia (which is a brain thing) and given more codine.(plus celebrex) Then the doc put me on Ultram and I was very glad. Since this condition subsides over time and some folks have occasional "flares", I'd like to see how much actual pain I have in my "normal" state of being. OK My point is ... if you have chronic pain (for whatever reason) pain meds(used correctly) are very appropriate. It is a proven fact that you do not get "high" if you use pain meds for pain. The medicine takes care of the pain. My particular condition makes me extremely sensitive to pain. They try all different meds on Fibromyalgia ... antidepressants, neurontin,opiates, ultram, an so on. I am soooo glad that my doctor didn't give me antidepressants or any other meds. For you ... Body Mechanic, please don't be so hard on yourself. If you are "abusing" drugs, that's one thing, but if you are in physical pain, perhaps you need to see a doctor yourself. I also think alternative and natural pain control is wonderful. Excersize, heat and message ... all good. Whatever you decide, I just know you'll do fine .... G
As far as the Vioxx is concerned, you can't expect to pop it and have it work like Tylenol or Ibuprofen.  Give it a few days to work before you give up.  It's worked wonders for some, others it doesn't help at all.

Just a brief background of myself.  I've been here before, and unfortunately I'm back.  Lost my job at a hospital pharmacy after about a year of borrowing Vics and Percs.  I came clean after a week of horrendous withdrawels and got myself back on my feet with a new job at yes...another hospital pharmacy.  

Sorry to say I'm back to my old ways, but I'm attempting to stop.  I was scared of the withdrawels again, but each time I've taken some "time off" from the pills, I've not really experienced ANYTHING like what I had before.  Which gives me hope, because once those voices in my head stop telling me to "JUST TAKE ONE" I'll be alright.

I can't possibly lose my job again, more importantly, it would kill my mother and husband who were NOTHING but supportive in my horrible ordeal a few months ago.

There is hope!  You can quit, and quit again if necessary.  I'm working on it!
Hi.  I'm new here, but I have read through many of the threads. You guys seem like a great support group.

Ultram seems to be a big topic here.  Hydros are my vice.  I am down to my last refill, and I really want to stop this craziness.

I have read about Thomas' Recipe, and I have already stocked up.  I'm also thinking of trying Buprenex.  I've already discussed it with my doctor, and he is more than willing to try it.  I suffer from degenerative disk disease, and I'm worried about what my pain level will be like.  I have the greatest doctor in the world.  He isn't paranoid.  All he wants is for me to be comfortable, and he didn't read me the riot act when I told him about my problem with the Hydros.

I hope I will be welcomed here, because I think you all could really help me.  I think I have a lot to contribute too.  Have a nice weekend all!!!
I work in a medical clinic with a pharmacy. Fortunately for me I stay far away from the controlled substances which are locked in a box. Unfortunately ultram is not a controlled substance and there is always more than an ample supply brought in by the drug reps. I tried a few times to take them all bring them to my wife to hold.  The reps were delighted and brougt twice as many next time. The doctor know and don't care that I take them. As far as they are concerned it is the same as vioox. But I do understand the tremendous temptation that you must be under at all times. Make no mistake about it, if you keep steal drugs you will lose your job and probably face some probation time.

I recently went to a pain clinic with knowelage of addiction. I came completely clean with them about my drug history dating back to my early teens. They told me now that I have chronic pain I will always abuse my medication. So far they have been right. They have suggested that I go on a methadone program until the details of bupenorphine have been worked out. I was on methadone 20 years ago and it brought a lot of stability to my life. As everyone knows the huge downside is getting off of this ****. I am almost 48 yrs old and I think I might commit suicide during a methadone detox. Needless to say I am scared witless about even starting.  The pain clinic basically compared me to a diabetic (we have all heard that before).  This is the same thing as saying that I am hopeless and could never stay clean for any more than a few months or a few years. So far they have been right. I have been able to stay clean but it is and endless struggle and I always feel shitty even after years.

My question to all of you is....What would you do in my situation? I have a wife and a 13 mo old daughter a great job and life.  It is this problem that keeps me having an almost perfect life.
follow your heart and always be true to yourself.  you are so very important to this world and your wife.  make your mind up to get through it no matter what, and never never consider suicide.  you know it's not the answer.  i kinow it feels like it is when you are going through the detox/wd -- but you know it's not the answer.  and the wd/detox is TEMPORARY...you WILL get through it.  what's your favorite music, movie or book?  do positive things and only be around positive things.  you CAN do this, you CAN get through this.  i believe in you, and am sending positive energy your way.  you can do this.
Please, please scroll down to the bottom posts and find the post that MethMan and I did recently.   (his was 1-2 days ago, mine tonight)

Both of us are coming off Methadone now CT.  I'm 45 and even with other very potent pain meds I need for my chronic pain, I'm in day 5 of pure outright HELL.

The methadone of today, is NOT the same as what it was 20 years ago.  Some of the clinics, like the one I was going to, add in other things.  I knew someone who took the 'done in 1977, he got clean, but it was real Methadone, not the mixture they call Methadone today.  They NEVER told me about this when I started at the clinic and I only found out by overhearing a nurse talking with another patient.  With my bowel disease, I can NOT take motrin, aspirin, and lots of other such drugs.....they put me into horrible flares and bleeding, then surgery.  I have a test set for a colonoscopy in 2 weeks time to see how bad I am inside and if any more damage has been done in addition to what is already there.  *sigh*

Please read our posts, then think twice, then again, before you go on the evil 'done.  Leave the Methadone where it belongs, with Adolf Hitler and his nazis who made this 'wonder' drug.

MrsRat
I scrolled down and checked for you BodyMechanic.  The posts by MethMan and myself are in the thread called 'Physical Withdrawal'.  He posted on 11/9 and I posted there under him on 11/17.

Please read these posts before taking ANY Methadone !  Thanks.

MrsRat
Dude... 10 - 12 years in a methadone clinic for me.  My advice is to RUN.  Do not even consider it bud.  At the bottom of your post, you listed the real reasons NOT to get near Methadone.  You have a family and most importantly, you have some sense of dignity.  When I walked into the clinic and got my FIRST dose, my dignity was GONE.  Then, self-esteem went and horribly, my ability to avail myself to my family on an emotional level.  Bud, there are people with legitimate, lifelong terrible illnesses here that are trying to steer you away from this THOUGHT of going on Methadone.  Think about that.  MsRat is in a wheelchair and suffers greatly each day.  And SHE posted saying to run too.
I continued using it all those years telling everyone that my back problem was the reason, when actually, I was scared as hell of what would happen by getting off it.
I broke L4 & L5 in my back from a fall.  That is where I got started on pain meds.  During the detox process, I began wondering how my back was going to feel once all the methadone was out of my system.  I can tell you that in my case, Ibuprofin (sp) 800mg is PLENTY for me and my concern for the pain that does exist in my back was a baseless reason for methadone continuance.
Brother... RUN, BODYMECH, RUN.  Find something, ANYTHING other than this evil to help you live a happy, joyous and free life for both you and your family.
I am sorry if I am irritating you on this issue, but if it were left up to me and I was President for a day, I would FORCE ALL methadone Clinics to detox their patience over a humane period of time and assist each one in seeking alternative ways of taking care of their specific issues.
How do you feel about dying, but still being able to walk the earth?  If it sounds good, then methadone is the way to see how it feels.
God Bless you my brother.... I hurt for your thoughts of this option.

Mike
Your points about methadone are well taken. The only thing I disagree is that methadone is different now than 20 years ago. It was a nightmare then and it is a nightmare now. I am scared to death of starting on this ****. What I really want is bupenorphine.  That was what was suggested to me by an addiction doctor. The problem is that I cannot get it. I don't know why. Some post here saying they are getting it from their doctor. I have looked all over the state of Maryland. It is only available and legal to use for 5-7 days. That is why the addiction doctor  suggested that I use the methadone until bupenorphine more widely available.

I have started asking around about methadone maintainance. I wanted to take no more than 15-20 mg a day maximum. That is more than enough to control my pain and let me sleep at night. From what I am understanding these bastards that profit from these clinics want to start you at a minimum of 40mg a day and then build you up to 90-100 mg. They also want you to stay on for a minimum of a year. I'm sure they know how hard it will be to get off 100mg a day of methadone after using it for a year. They don't want you off. They would love to have everyone as a lifetime patient. I am at the point to where I don't think I will ever get the kind of help I need. I may need to just get completely off all drugs and live with the depression, pain and sleeplessness.  All I want to be is the same as everyone else. I don't think most people are forced to live with pain, depression and sleeplessness.
I am on burpenex at this time if you would like to e-mail me I'll give you the name and address of my doctor. She's kinda of strange but she knows more about buprenex than anyone I've come accross. I was on meth for 2 years. Started on 25 mgs when up to 50 and back down to 25. Since I switched I have alot more emotions. I am starting to feel alive again. Even my sex drive is back. Which meth took a big chunk out of.
                I hope to be totaly drug free soon but If I push it. My pain and addiction problems will win.
              Chris
              ***@****
Thanks for your help. I sent you an email but in case you did not get it I am ***@****
Brother,
The reason you can not find Buprenorphrin (sp) yet is because the FDA just approved it.  Doctors have to attend "special training" in order for the government to approve despensing privledges to them.  I know this because when I was in rehab, that was a possible option to assist me off methadone.  BUT, they could not get it, yet.  The time table is December.  Then, there should be a lot more licensed Doctors that are able to dispense it.
I know the hell that you feel.  Pain can and does cause depression especially over an extended period of time.  Because each individual is different, so does the need exist for different approaches to the same problematic situation.  In my case, Methadone was a life filter.  That's why I've said before that the farther I get from Day 1, the higher I get and the view is spectacular.
IF you are able to tolerate the pain for a few weeks, then I would suggest hanging onto what you have now or find solice in the same knowledge I've gained here in that tomorrow IS better for a recovering addict.
I can tell you that I felt different on even 1mg of Methadone.  I thought that it was such a small amount that I wouldn't feel the withdrawals.  But the hell of this drug is that even though I was on 1mg for the last day, my liver and BONES contained methadone just waiting to leech out.  Once that is in the process and the brain doesn't have methadone to rely on, it becomes time to go see what hell looks like for a week.
Methadone WILL change your life.  It took me over 10 years in a clinic to realize that.
My prayers are out to you..

Mike
I got your email and sent you another. You may be a lifesaver. If I could see her this instant I would.  This is the first ray of hope I have had in a very long time.

***@****
Hi - I wondered about what you said about your sex drive coming back since being on buprenex...that is not at all the case with me.  Are you on a very low dose?  What part of the country do you live in?  It seems like the West Coast is a little more lax when it comes to prescribing pain meds.
hello i just found this site and i have been on ultram for over 10 years i remeber when it came out and was new needless to say ive been on it everyday i have a back condition iam 28years old and addicited !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ive had back surgery also i feel like iam in pain i just took my last pills today and iam scared to death iam in florida with mother and i know noone iam living here now due to a domestic abuse realtionship so iam really screwed i know ill be at the er all day tomorrow some one just please helpme please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   thank you for all youre stories it helps!
TH E WITHDRAWS I GO THRU ARE HORRIBLE FROM ULTRAM I TAKE 20 A DAY IVE LOWERED THAT NOW THAT I WENT INTO SEZUIRES BUT IAM STILL ON THEM LIKE I SAID ITS BEEN OVER 10 YEARS EVERYDAY OF TAKING ULTRAM IAM REALLY INTERESTED IN ANY HELP ANY ONE HAS TO OFFER THANKS AGAIN
Welcome. This thread you posted on is 5 years old.  Scroll down to where it says back to forum and click there. then click on Post a new question... That way you will be on the main forum page and people will see your post. these old threads get overlooked due to the date being different. There are people here who will want to help you.

PS. Writing is all caps is considered yelling in the internet world, you may wanna turn off your cap lock
I have been been addicted to ultrams for 6 years.  I take up to 45 tabs per day.  I recently took lortabs and mscontin on low doses for 10 days to try to get the ultram out of my system.  I am now on my second day with no ultrams or any other drugs and actually don't feel that bad.  I have trouble sleeping and am not real hungry, however I'm sure this will pass in a another couple of days.  Has anyone else had success with taking other drugs to come off ultram??
What is this Famous Thomas recipe for withdrawls? I have been taking ultram for over a year.  I took up to 30 a day.  I have had 2 seizures in 4 months, once while driving. Thanks goodness my kids were not with me.  I haven't taken one today yet.  I just don't want to go through the withdrawls, so any help anyone has, would be appreciated. Thanks. Diana
I do something similar to the Thomas recipe---as I don't know how to acquire Valium, nor do I really want to know, I simply drink a LOT of water and orange juice, take 3000-4000mg of L-Tyrosene per day, a multivitamin every morning, Vitamin B-Complex every morning, and perhaps the most important, next to L-Tyrosene...100mg of 5-HTP every night before bed, so I can actually SLEEP! I had absolutely NO energy during the day, but could not sleep (I had that luxury of being able to rest at work for 2 weeks, as my co-worker was out of town, and we are SLOW!). The L-Tyrosene helps with the energy thing. I don't mind the muscle aches at all. I was taking 200mg of Ultram ER per day, sometimes 400mg.
I started the "Thomas" recipe too late (like day 3!) It SUCKED!!! this is day without any ultram or tramadol. I did this whole thing very wrong---I had no idea about withdrawals from ultram, being that I went on the "narcotic-LIKE" deal---what a SHAM! I did not taper---for the last 3 days, I took 200mg, then NOTHING! The next evening, I took 5mg of Tramadol, then nothing after. Day 2, 3 and 4, I took .25mg of Xanax, and day 2 I remembered the L-Tyrosene and 5-HTP thing.
HTH

Tim
I started taking Tramadol 50s about one year ago back in the states. I got it for a broken ankle and after I was supposed to be off of it I of course found ways to get more.

Now, my wife and I have moved to Hong Kong and here I get the stuff over the counter and it's EXTREMELY cheap. This, of course, has become a huge problem as my intake has increased dramatically. Right now it's 6 AM and I've been trying to sleep all night. As soon as I get close to sleep my nerves start firing or something and my head jerks as if it's some sort of tic or something.

This is going to be bad, I can see that. Here goes nothin'.......
Please tell me what the Thomas recipe for withdrawals?  Thank you!  ***@****
Sorry I missed this post. (You posted on an old post.) Near the top of page, look for the Health Pages button. Thomas recipe is in there along with many more helpful posts.

I have taken ultram for 10 years. I was up to 30 pills per week after the first 3 months, then 180 month, then 240 per month, then 360 per month and so on and on and  on...Now I am up to almost 900 pills per month.  It has almost taken everything.  I had actually planned suicide to help my family financially but I know my kids love me too much for me to do that to them.  I would do almost anything to come off of them. I was a professional, productive member of society
and now am a depressed couch bound, sad human who almost wishes lightening would strike me dead...Be advised....you folks who your doctor writes you a script for 30 ultram...TEAR IT UP! TAKE ADVIL! Yeah they give you a little bump in enegy and mood up front but after that initial few weeks look out because you are already in too deep.  It is very very sad!  I hate myself for ever taking just one.  I have taken vicprofin and vicodin for months at a time.  I would say I abused them but I never ever once got hooked.  When they, the vico's ran out, I never got sick or went nuts as it was a bit tough but no biggie to stop taking them...

The worse thing (beside losing everything to ultram) is the tinling, shocking sensation that goes thru my body in wave after wave with cold chills and sweats....and this is while taking the full dose to keep from with drawing.

Ani ideas?  Should I take vic's or something to come off of them? I tried that once and basically quit except for the shocks and I found paxil or any ssri would help but then i seized a few ti

i recently started taking ultram after seeing my doctor and asking for a non-narcotic pain reliever. i have had serious problems with norco and lortab in the past. i recently started going to aa and have quit drinking and smoking, so naturally even though i have serious back pain i wanted OFF THE DRUGS. well, i switched from norco to ultram and when i ran out, i have started withdrawal REALLY bad. this is worse than i have ever experienced with the previous "narcotic" drugs. i can't sleep/eat, i have been dry heaving, i feel like i am crawling out of my skin... and all i can do is sit and cry because it's so miserable. i have been in bed since i stopped taking it and i am wondering how long this horrible physical withdrawal is going to last... any advice??
First, welcome to the forum! You just posted a good question, but it is on an old post from 2002. Copy what you wrote and go to top "Post a Question' button to start a new post that will be for you. Tramadol (Ultram) is alway best tapered off of. when did you quit?
basically, took way too many vic's according to the doc and my doc put me on ultram 200 er instead of 9 vic's a day (3@ 1 time- 3 times a day). been on ultram er 200's (2x a day) for 4 months. it helps what ever is causing legitamate pain in my rib area. but i have lived through norco withdrawals for a broken back and seriously hated it. am i in for deep **** and what are my options for withdrawal from ultram. my doc has never said a word about tapering off ultram but after reading this.....i think i need some xanax to relax. ironically, i did take some xanax today for some serious ongoing financial stress which finally forced me to look for some relief from my first "panic attack" which caused me to look up the xanax / ultram interactions and i accidentally found this forum...thank god..............................what now
sorry , i accidentally reported your comment from july as abuse. i was just checking out the options on the site and dont know what i did. sorry, im a rookie here and pushed one too many buttons.
You may well be in for trouble. Getting off Ultram can be way harder than vicodin. Always taper off of them as seizures can result if you try c/t.
Thanks, i will have a chat with my doctor. i have an mri scheduled in octoober to see what is going on in there. i know the rib is broken and hasnt healed yet ( xray results). its been about 7 months since the break. as for tapering off, i have the extended release ultram. should i move to the non er formula. not sure how to taper off the er kind...they say crushing it is bad and i am not looking to overdose.

tHANKS,
ok check this out i took pills for fun with i was young im 28 now i took everything vics,oxycontin everything if it was around ...last year i was at work selling beer at the nba games with a big cooler walking around well i ended up tearing my acl had the surgery its now a year later still healing still have a little pain the doc gave me tons of ultram and  celebrex well i was taking the ultram it worked great now im think im ******* hooked on the ultram it makes me feel great but when u stop taking it watch out brother its worse then anything i think i ever withdrew from that includes oxycontin 120 80mg in 2 weeks with 60 bars i thought i was going to die....but i still think the ultram is worse...this is 3rd time im coming off it i dont think i can do it again....im getting more now what the hell is wrong with me...be ready to not sleep for days after u stop...this next time i plan to stop i will be ready with a bottle of valium or zanex......ultram i love u but **** u
I know what you mean.  I have been taking Ultrams a good while now.  I been trying to taper down last couple months.  Before that I was taking upwards of 20 Trams a day.  Now I am at 9 per day.  And that is still a whole lot to be on.  I have been getting mild withdrawal symptoms.  The real fun won't start till I jump off 100%.  Yea then it's days and days of no sleep.  Just pure Hell really.  I've experienced withdrawals from hydrocodone and methadone.  And Tramadol has by far the worst withdrawal symptoms.  BY FAR!  It's a real nightmare of hell.  I also plan to use the Valium, Ambien, maybe some hydrocodones to get off the Tramadol.  I just hope it all works out.  So far everything has been going according to plan.  I am even 1 week ahead of my schedule.  Dropped from 11 to 9 last weekend.  Took 15 per day for years there.  Once or twice a week it would be 18,19, or even 20.  Well I know I still have a long ways to go.  But I will make it.  And I will be free and clean again!  I can't stand being a slave of this drug anymore!  
Are you still around?  I would like to talk with you about your problem.  I too was taking large amount of ultram about 20 to 25 per day.  I know exactly what you are talking about when you mention the shocked feeling.  I hated that feeling.  

I went to a doctor who put me on subutex, which I stayed on for 5 months.  I have not had an ultram since May of 2008.  I felt no withdrawal symptoms in my transition from ultram to subutex and very, very minimal withdrawal symptoms when I stopped the subutex on September 29th 2008 (just over a week ago).  

I tried to quite ultram on my own many, many times but could not handle the severe withdrawal symptoms that I experienced.  The mental part was just as bad, if not worse, than the physical.  

I hope you are still around because I think you would be a perfect candidate for subutex.  You are taking a very dangerous amount of ultram and you need to stop as soon as possible.  Please do not think of taking your life, your kids would be devastated.  My dad passed away 4 years ago and I still miss him every single day.

Take care and please check in here.

-Lynn  
interesting...a direct quote from my doctor 16 days ago..." ultram is never addictive and cannot be addictive therefore you are not having withdrawls and it is in your head..."

I have been taking pain meds for my neck for 6 years+ now. I apparently have the neck of a 70 yr old man at the age of 34...not good. However recently i visited my 6th pain/ spine specialist and he found something that is decent. I started getting shots in my neck and for me they seem to help. I understand we all have different pain and what works for me may not work for you, so dont rush right out and demand shots...However since they have worked i am trying to get off all pain meds completely. I have been taking vicodin and norco like candy and in the last 11 months have been able to switch to ultram without a problem. The main reason i switched was i recently began driving trucks...and have to pass drug screens. I am not saying ultram is the wonder drug for me i still deal with alot of pain but i have no other choice but to work and yes driving makes it worse...i know switch jobs...have you seen the recent job market? my doctors have all suggested a carreer change....ummmm no. I was told by my doctor that ultram is non habit forming and is so far legal as far as my DOT drugscreens go. I have passed drug tests while on ultram. However not until now did i realize that ultram is very habit forming especially if you take the max dose daily for 11 months.16 days ago i ran out of my perscription. I have ran out early of my norco before and that is not fun...obviously from taking more than i should have. I know what that withdrawl (withdrawal) is like. not fun at all...as i am sure a few of you already know from what i have read. So i called my doctor to ask why i am feeling like this and he explained as i stated above. Again when my wife returned from orlando we both went to the doctors office and were told the same thing. He did agree to refill the medication but wanted me to sign a " drug addiction contract" with his office which i thought was **** and did not do. I really did not understand that since this is a " non habit forming drug" and he knew and appoved the dose i was taking...seemed odd. So now i am again out. i dont do any other drugs recreational not even alcohol maybe 3 beers a week. I have watched drugs destroy 2 close family members including my own mother...and i vowed to never do any type of illegal substance. I wouldnt even take asprin for my first 24 years and here i am 10 years later feeling like a drug addict going though withdrawls from hell for a drug i was told was non addictive or habit forming by a doctor? I havent taken any today ir yesterday, however I feel like i have the flu and the shakes and its 4am and i have not slept....sound like withdrawls to any of you?...

my point i this...dont believe what they are telling you about these drugs....my personal vow is now for sure to research everything a doctor tells me right down to his name because it will take alot for me to believe a doctor ever again..

do remember that they call it "practicing medicine" ....practicing.

I have found a few of your stories and information very helpful and that is why i chose to share mine...and i do completely understand there are good doctors out there who actually want to help. But please realize alot of the not so good ones are out there too...and a " quick fix" is never the best solution.

Im a recovered addict of 5 years off heroin and meth and cocaine. got into the Ultram thing just recently cuz I have Fibromyalgia and RA. Im an addict so took more and more now im withdrawling and i cant stand the pain. Its killing me. Im having like psychotic episodes of rage and suicidal thoughts. This stuff is worse than vicoden and percocet or anything. How long will it take to withdrawal from this Ultram. I was taking 200mgs. Im on my third day with nothing. Some one please help!! Thank you!!  :( ~Shelley
all narcotics are in your head.. lol silly =p i mean like the addiction what makes you crave for your fix.. ive done pain pills for ahwile now. perks vikes oc's you name it i snorted it. =p i went on for a yr str8 off for a mnth back on off.. over and over..
but it honestly helped me out in the long run.
this time im not getting the wanting sumthin in my nose or my body is acheing bad!
well i will be honest only thing im really getting is legg cramps. i deal with it though.
it's hard though cuz at times you wanna die. =p eh i keep running on..lol sry.
anyways. the more you try to quite not for a week. do it like a mnth and if you cant handle it go back to your pain pills. but take a lower dose. i normaly did it befor bed. went all day with nothing got home. then took it. so im not takeing as much. just one befor bed. then i just got to the point i didnt want them. didnt crave them. and ive never felt better. =]=] i want my old life back you know?
im not saying all of you are like this im just telling a short story of me own.
one thing.
yes pain pills can be hard to quite.
ive had my fun. done.
the kid in my pic by the way.
he was 16yrs old a adict to oxycottons.
they drove him to the suicidal stage.
he didnt have fam to turn to
i miss him like crazy! but this just makes me want to quite more
seeing the pain he went threw. i dont want to ever feel.
they do honestly seem to drive you suicidal
but get one thing thats positive. a dream something. and focus on it.

Dose any one know what i will feel after being off ultram, i need to know what i will fell pls anyone.
I have been taking tramadol for low back pain.  I will only take two in the morning....about every three of four days when I need relief.  I get a "bump" after taking them.  I feel really good, have more energy and my mood is lifted  I'm 58, healthy and workout regularly.  The day after taking two is the pits.  Talk about a roller coster !!

After reading many on these posts, I'm switching to Advil.  I may not get the relief I did from tramadol, but I won't be having the ups and downs.

Tramadol is supposedly non-adictive.  Doctor's need to tell the truth.
I just started taking Ultram 4 days ago/ 50mg every 6 hours. I am trying to get off Vicodin and Percocet and the Ultram seems to be keeping all of my wd's symptoms away. My concern is how long until I could become physically addicted to Ultram? I get absolutely no high or euphoria from Ultram so I don't see myself wanting more after my prescription runs out. I am however completely freaked out by what everyone is saying about Ultram wd's. They sound horrible!

Would I be better off not taking Ultram and taking Tylenol with 8mg Codeine and tapering down?
Dear PPGirl,
   Ultram is a combination of four different drugs. Three anti-depressants and something that acts like an opiate, but is NOT an opiate. The latter part (non-opiate) binds to the MU receptors in a random fashion, not like a real opiate, that binds to ALL the receptors, all of the time. Because the "antidepressant" part of ultram is at such a low dose, you must take alot over a long period of time before  withdrawals will occur. This is why ultram (tramadol) has a low abuse potential. Each person metabolizes the drug according to their own individual physiology.

Opiates are the best class of antidepressants known to man, so they can replace ultram for a smooth transition, and ultram replaces opiates very effectively. Ultram is used in hospitals and detox untits for opiate withdrawal. They are interchangable.
I am interested in this recipie for withdraw.  I have been taking ultram now for 4months 2-3 daily.  I ran out once and didn't sleep until my prescription came through.  I really don't want to be addicted to anything.  Talking to a nurse she stressed that it was needed to take away my pain this side effect does not mean I am addicted. I feel I am addicted the idea of running out again scares me to death.  Can you please post Tommys recipe.

h
I have found the cure!

I have been on Ultram for over 3 years and had to go off of it cold turkey! Fortunately I have a spout of shingles and that pain meds they perscribe for shingles is NEURONTIN. I have been taking it since the day I went off of my ultram. The first day was difficult but the second day I was better than I have been in at least a year.

I got my sex drive back on day 2
by day 4 i was up cleaning the house and playing with the kids which I have not been able to do for at least a year

I would recomend this to anyone comming off of ultram. Ask your doctor about this drug!!

I had to come of ultram one time before and I didnt sleep for a week. couldnt hold any food down, and wanted to crawl out of my skin.

NOT THIS TIME!!!!!! TRY IT!!!! i hope this helps
I am a soldier currently deployed to Afghanistan.  In 2006 I was wounded here and after surgery I was put on Ultram for pain.  I quit after a few months and didn't seem to have too many problems.  Then last year I reinjured myself and was put on it again becuase of the pain.  It has helped me throught the combat part, I am an infantryman, but I am trying to quit becuase of the heart palpitations I get at night.  Right now it is kicking my butt.  Any suggestions?
I was a Correctional officer at a state facility when i was diagnosed with severe nerve damage in my lower back and left leg. After several tests and procedures I was given severeal different pain medications. I have now been on Ultram for over four years and it has helped with the efects of the drug helping less and less. I recently have had two rhizotomies to burn the nerves so I dont feel such pain. It has now come to the point that the pain from not taking the ultram is actually worse than the pain from my nerve damage. I am trying to stop taking the ultram now and I have made it 4 days with extreme  trouble. I do NOT believe for a second that taking these drugs as perscribed makes any difference on a person becoming  addicted since I was taking them as told by my doctors.this is my first time dealing with any type of drugs or withdrawal and it is tearing me up. I am sure that all of you who have been throught this know what I am talking about so I wont bore you with details . I have been reading about ultram and most everything I see says that it is as bad to detox as heroin

I undrstand that my doctors are trying to help me with the pain and I am grateful for that . I just wish I would have known what I was looking forward to coming off of it. I guess no matter what it is that you use for to long in some way will be habbit forming some more than others obviously.

I wish the best of luck to all that are in this battle to regain their true self and get through it as easily as possible.

My wife has been on Ultram for 4 years 200-300mg/day). She has complained of "panic attacks" where she had to stop driving due to decreased vision.  Could this possibly be on-set of seizures?
I am a 67 year old male who has been taking Tramadol (Ultram) for close to 8 yrs. for back pain. Surgery's out. I had originally been taking 50 mg. 4 times per day. I then discovered that 100 mg twice a day worked better for me. I would sometimes take 250 mg or rarely 300 mg per day if I had more pain. My doc was okay with that.

I had noticed some withdrawal symptoms after 14-16 hrs. if I forgot to take the med, I could not sleep either and, yes I was afraid I might end up without at some time. I also have eczema on my hands and considered that one of the side effects of long term use of Ultram can be "skin rash". I decided that was long enough and need a break from it, even though I had NO side effects from it other than insomnia if I took it after about 8pm, nor adverse health issues from it that I know of. I'm interested to see if the eczema is resolved with elimination of Tramadol.  

I started phasing down by only taking 125 mg per day-about a 40% decrease. Not much problem. Then after about 1 1/2 weeks I reduced to 100 mg per day for 8 days and now am taking 75 mg per day. Plan is to continue to decrease at 7 day intervals. I did not discuss this plan with my doctor.

The withdrawal symptoms now are: some anxienty, restlessness and mildly fitful sleep. Also, I'm experiencing increased incidence of back pain from not as much medication but can live with it so far by taking 800 mg of Ibuprofin occasionally.

If I have restleness and anxiety I take a low dose of Valium which was prescribed for back, muscle spasms and would only take occasionally. It  also helps with sleep for me with higher dose.  Medical marijuana also helps with sleeping difficulty occasionally, but I don't combine the two. I don't take any other medications presently. My withdrawal symptoms so far seem relatively minor.

I agree with Golden1 above "Each person metabolizes the drug according to their own individual physiology".

Don't know what is ahead If I start experiencing severe pain again. When I started taking Tramadol I was using a cain because of severe hip and back pain, but I hope I can at least get by taking it "as needed" for pain.

Any thoughts?
It's great that you have only minor withdrawals after 8 years & it would seem that your body is able to metabolise tramadol successfully.

In theory, tramadol can be taken "as needed" & given your experience to date, perhaps this will work for you.  I do have some reservations relating to the antidepressant effexor-like component of tramadol, in that sporadically blocking the  reuptake of neurotransmitters is contrary to the design of these drugs which rely on achieving a steady state of serotonin & noradrenalin activity.  For this reason, it's not the same as taking straight opioids such as vicodin, when needed.

The valium may well be masking your withdrawal symptoms so you would have a truer assessment of tramadol's effects once you stop the valium.

Best wishes.
I was put on suboxone for detox and was also told it would help for pain.  After I was on for a week or so, I decided it wasn't working..I was told by my pain doc that getting off suboxone was nothing-no w/d's.  I went thru hell for 3 months..then started reading blogs of others on suboxone and trying to get off and they all agreed that getting off suboxone was worse than getting off the pain drug they were on.  Mine at the time was 30 mg morphine for several years.  Trust me, read blogs about suboxone before going on it.  The doctors are wrong!!  Suboxone is a ***** to get off.  I will do a slow taper any day before going on sub.
this is an old thread, started over a year ago, someone else added 2 months ago, but its dead now, if you go to top of page and post question there, you will get lots more help and answers,you could be missed here.
I have some major dental problems often leaving me in a lot of pain.  For a while there I was taking Lortabs but where I live now doctors don't like to prescribe Lortab due to their addictive proponets so I was offered Ultram.  I found that it worked very well for my dental pain and even better than the Lortabs that I had been taking.  It also has a sedation effect very simular to the Lortabs and even more so.  No one believes me when I say that this drug is definitely addictive and definitely an opiate.  I've been on it for three months.  I take 400mgs of it a day and am scared, sick and depressed.  I'm really terrified of withdrawals.  I don't know who to turn to for help and there's still the issue of pain in my teeth as I truly do have pain and the over the counter stuff does nothing for my pain so I'm stuck between a rock and a hardplace and am just very very depressed and scared about this whole ordeal.  There's never enough or so it seems and it's just as hard to get even more so than Lortabs.  I would appreciate some advice.  Thank you in advance
I am glad to hear you got off the ultram and are feeling better.  I started taking ultram around 5 years ago for osteoarthritis pain and have taken 2-50 mg tablets a day.  I felt myself wanting to take more and decided to stop them.  I definitely have the addictive personality and stopped drinking 23 yrs ago.  I ran out of them, became panicked, but made it through. Achy, for a couple of days, headache, sleeplessness and anxiety.  But after 3 days was much better.  Had to stay home from work which was tough for me, but glad I got through it.  The hardest part is staying off for me.  It is the mind that talks to us and tells us it is ok.....but I am trying to use the positive thoughts to keep me going....good luck to everyone...hope this helps....it can be done!!!
i have a question to whomever will answer please... i've been taking vicodins for about a year heavily and i've finally put it to my mind that i need to quit before it completely ruins my life.. i was taking nearly 3-8 a day however many i could afford basically... i started taking these ultrams n they seem to work with my withdraws from vicodin i been taking 3 pills of 50 mg a day but am gonna start cutting it down to 2 pills 50 mg... will i have withdraws from these ultrams if so what would someone reccommend to take to help with the upset stomach, diarrehea, headaches, night shakes, sweats , hairs standing straight up.. once i get past that point i will quit taking everything!!!
I have been on 200mg for almost 3 years. I was injured in Iraq and told by the Army docs that it was not habbit forming. I have recently realized that I think I'm addicted to this med and need help to find how and where to go to so I can get off of it.
I have to tell ya that it is a hard habit .here I am calling my pain doc and hopeing he will call me back and help me get off this ****.It all started last year I ended up getting shingles.The doctor had to put me on pain meds perc 10 mgs cause my body hurt sooo bad that I was on fire the meds really did not help me just mask the pain plus It was hard to just take one.
I started wakeing up taking two during my time with shingles plus a few during the day then after two weeks I still had the shingles he perscribed me more.Then I ended my deal with shingles and I was waking up in the night with cold and hot flashes I called my friend the next day he told me he had sum blue perks that were 30 mgs I took those felt great and I was able two conquer the world.I was working out happy then the high went away I was just taking them to take them.Now here is the crazy part I started a new job working at a place that I had to lift sumthing heavy I hurt my back bad.I ended up in the hospital put on an Iv then at the same time I was like yes I will prob hurt for a bit then I will have refills on my meds stay home watch movies,playstation Life will be great.After the hospital I had to see a doc it was right befor christmass he told me he was gonna give me enough pills to get me through the holiday that ment 120 perk tens,I went to the pharm to get it filled couldent wait when I went to pay it was 140 dollors I was like  what.I got my pills.2 weeks later I was getting short so I called the office They called me in more ,2 weeks again did the same thing they called me in more,Then had a doc visit they gave me more.I had asked the doc how am I GONNA HEAL HE SAID JUST TAKE The pain pills then call me in a month so I did,the women who answerd a month later said the doc has to see you I went in he told me that I need a pain doc then he gave me more meds to last me till my next apt with the pain doc I had know idea what I was in for cause the doc also said that this will be the last time he can give me anything so make your meds last.I RAN OUT a few days before the pain doc my wife got sooo fustrated with me that she went to stay with her mom I was going though WDs .I WAS dizzy could not eat hated the world could not sleep I felt like how do I stop my mind was telling me to stop but my body and brain was like what the ****.I started counting the hrs before I see the pain doc I was like this **** Is crazy cause how am I gonna drive I could not fuction The time came at the pain docs never been to a place like this before I thought that I was gonna have a norm doc visit no no no I was wrong I sat for 1 hr I was getting fustrated Then a lady with a white doc coat brought me in and as soon as I got in the room she told me here is a johnny coat take your clothes off ill be right in.I was very frustrated cause I just wanted my meds and She came back in and saind she was gonna do a check of my body she checked everything including my penise I had no idea why but she checked my toes then she said ok put your clothes back on then she said she would be right back i waited for 15 min then she came in with a piece of paper stateing that where was I getting all those other meds in the past like stuff ten years ago I thought that was weird she said I had A HUGE Problem I said yeah like my back she was mean top me then I got soo frustrated and just said help me please and started to cry I said my back is killing me I do really hurt please I am not lying she said I will help you But your turning into an addict if you dont take it slow and take them as perscibed your too young your 32 she said so they got my script together but were holding on to it not giveing it up right away almost messing with me finally they gave it to me I had self paid and could not wait to fill it I went to the pharmacy filled it then took it as soon as I hit the lot. I felt great again went home started to clean put on the playstation calling people wanting to talk things were norm I started taking them as persribed but dabbed a little here in there they  gave me 60 of 5mgs comeing from takeing the tens but I had another apt a month later Plus I forgot to say that I have no insurence to help me pay the pain clinic so it was a hundred dollors every time I go plus the persciption fee  So my next visit a month later I asked them for ultram cause I learned Of it from something I was reading online to help get off perks so I said IM READY to take the next step I got 120 of the 50 mgs I took those through out the day and felt great Now six months later I ran out too early like two weeks away from my next visit Im like oh **** and the whole time I kept saying I can just stop takeing it dont worry you will be ok thats what I kept saying to my self .So last month I ran out a week early too and they just called it in soo this month I knew that this has got too be it I got up 2 days ago and only could take two insted of 4 that is when it hit me Then I started cutting them in half thinking ill be ok nope I feel like **** and now I have 1 left and my next apt is in two weeks .I said this is not good and my life is depending on this stuff all the time .So I called my doctor that helps me at the clinic and said very honest that I ran out and this happend for my third time and said I hit rock bottom AND to please help me I dont want to rely on this nomore Im done I put myself in jeperdy by takeing more then perscibed cause now im gonna withdraw and am scared cause I will quit my job and be real bad I need help I asked him about suboxone cause that is the drug to kick the hab but never thought of doing it cause i dont want to be considerd a junkie he said I will call you back after he talks with the lead doc of the office I said pleas help cause I am really done he said ill call you back in a few now im scared that they will just stop me and let me withraw hardcore I dont know if I SHOULD WITHDRAW hardcore or go from one thing to another ???But I think that is the prob if I do withdraw it Is gonna take a while but if I do it the comfortable way maby that would be better then puking on myself and haveing the flu and hate the world I guess its in their hands and most of all mine cause its me who has to deal with WD.I wish you all luck and hope that people can get through their addiction cause nomatter what it turns into one,  one way or another.....That joy plant shuld be burned
I thought I would finally take the time to share my story of Ultram addiction so for the first time I would admit it publicly and to myself. I have read forums in the past and found the stories so honest and wonderful and I could always put myself in everyone's shoes.  Yet at the same time not fully admit it to myself or others.  I want to stop so bad, this is a consuming part of my thought process right now.  It isn't bad yet, it doesn't effect my work, my exercise or my life but I do know it makes me feel like crap every morning.

I have been taking ultram off and on for about 8 years, I have endometriosis and the doctor gave me this to deal with the pain.  What a miracle this drug is in all honesty.  It would work so well I would only have to take one per day when the pain flared up.  I was taking maybe 2 or 3 per month in bad times and had plenty of months where I didn't take anything.  I never craved it, never took it for recreation.  About 6 years later the pain started to get really really bad and I was up to 4 or 5 pills per day to stop it.  It worked great, I was still able to work fine, workout and do all the things I enjoy, but as other people on this forum can relate too it does change your personality a little bit.  It makes you tired in the morning, eyes are puffy and overall health suffers.  I decided to have surgery and get everything removed so I wouldn't have to deal with this anymore.

the doctor never talked to me about stopping the pills, addiction or anything else and it isn't because he is a sinister person, he honestly hasn't had a patient complain about it. After the surgery I was prescribed oxy for 2 weeks while I healed, and honestly I didn't have that much pain. Certainly not what I had before but I followed his instructions about keeping it at bay.  After the second week I asked him if I could just take the Tram instead, it worked better and longer.  Of course that was fine.  Didn't take anymore of the opiates after that.

After 3 or 4 weeks I decided I was fine and didn't need any more medications. I was fully back to the gym, working out hard and feeling just fine so thought, time to quit.  Now I had never quit cold turkey before, and when I was taking one or two at a time and quitting I never had an issue.  My body wasn't used to it just yet. I thought the same would hold true here since it is "non narcotic".  Whew I was so wrong, I went through hell for about 4 days before I realized what was going on.  I had night sweats, the chills, couldn't get warm, felt like I had the flu, had the runs, and horrible insomnia.  I had no idea what was happening until I started doing some research.  Holy Crap i was a drug addict.  I was experiencing total withdrawal.  I decided to start taking it again and find a way to taper down and this is where I sit today.  I take 3 50 mg pills per day and spread them out.  I am in a taper process now and finding that it takes me longer than most people on this forum, mental or physical I have no clue.  There was a great post on another forum, that of course I can't find that shared a strategy that worked well for me.  

I want off this ****, I don't want to be this person anymore.  I feel like it is aging me faster than my own body and lifestyle is.  My plan is the following and I plan to post here to share so I stay true to myself and others.  This is very important to me, i don't need this. I am not an addict and don't want this to consume my life anymore.  Nor do I want to become an addict and I know I am dangerously close.

The plan I had read worked pretty well for me so i am doing it again.  

Taper off by cutting your dose by 1/3 each time, each person is different here but they had recommended every 3 days.  That was too aggressive for me and my withdrawal symptoms were too intense with this plan.  I am down to 3 pills per day right now and the plan is to take two in the morning then 1 in the afternoon.  the one in the afternoon prevents me from wanting one when i get home at night.  This is the biggest thing for me, getting home and wanting to feel higher.  It is so stupid.  At this time and at this dose I am experiencing withdrawals, they are mild compared to no drugs but I am jittery, feel like I am crawling out of my skin, irritable and moody.  I am able to sleep with a Melatonin right now so that is good.  I plan to do this until the withdrawal symptoms subside and I feel better, then it is time to cut it again.  

I am guessing this will take me a week to week and a half with each cut and the plan will be to be done within one and a half to two months. The hardest part is the insomnia that is experienced as the drugs in your system become less and less, the night sweats are horrible too.  Tapering does help with this stuff.

Another poster had shared that tapering while taking Ibuprofen and cough syrup will help with these symptoms so I will keep everyone posted.  My plan is to share here so i can stay true to myself and I am sorry for boring everyone here but I sure appreciate the support.
What is the famous recipe? Im going through horrible ultram withdrawals!! PLEASE HELP ME!!!
hi iv been taking ultram bout 150 mgs a day uhh or less slowly weened my self off from like 400 mgs, iv been without for two days tired of needing them to feel better hope i feel better soon and for who ever takes them please be careful because its just as worse as any other addiction i hate them and want my life back so i pray for who ever is going through this physical/ mental bs i understand and feel your pain but tomorrow will be day number three so does any one knw how much longer i will feel like i have the flu times ten...this ***** but i know in the end it will be worth it..good luck
I sent you a message about the recipe.  I hope you got it.  It tells you where to find the recipe and how to post your own thread.
i to was on methadone and the i know its trading one thing for another but i take 3 ten miligram tramadols and i have no withdraws from the methadone it has been a god send for me and i wish i knew how well it worked years ago i know everyone is diffrent but it worked great for me good luck i hope everything works out for you
I have been on ultram for 2 months now, and i was on it before years ago. The withdrals ARE BAD. I didnt sleep last nite and dont plan on it to nite,But you have to just keep reminding your self it will end soon, it takes about 4 days for me...I will never take it agian!!!! Hot cold, shakes, im aggervated easy, sweaty, cant get comfy....i feel like i wana give in just to stop this pain. I was in tears last nite
i have stopped taking my pain pills 6 days ago.i only took 3 norco10/325 a day. i put my happy little butt in rehab and went cold tukey.my doctor just gave me tramadol for pain as a replacement. thank you all i will be getting rid of it ASAP.my cronic (chronic) pain is no worse after stopping the pills.i had been on norco daily for 4 years after my last back surgery.i am 52 years old and encourage everyone who feels their pills control their life to get help.i feel like i am coming out of the darkness.the sleeplessness is a problem along with the restlesss legs,but i will beat this.thanks for letting me tell my story
good for you!  If you need help or just want to share more.....go up to the top of this page and start a NEW thread by clicking the orange ask a question icon and posting.  That way more will see your post to support you.  
TRAMADOL OR ULTRAM (SAME THING) ADDICTION AND WITHDRAWALS ARE LIVING HELL! THIS IS MY SECOND DAY OF WITHDRAWAL, TOLD THAT TRAMADOL DOES NOT STAY IN THE BODY NEARLY AS LONG AS VICODIN OR PERCOCET, ETC. I WAS ON TRAMADOL FOR ALMOST 2 YEARS FOR FIBROMYALGIA, CHRONIC PAIN SYNDROME AND OVARIAN CYST. I WISH I NEVER TOOK MY DR'S, YES MORE THAN ONE DOCTOR AND A NEUROLOGIST UP ON THE OFFER OF TAKING TRAMADOL. SO ADDICTIVE YOU DON'T EVEN REALIZE YOU ARE DEPENDENT UNTIL YOU GO OFF, JUST FOR ONE DAY, AND ALL HELL BREAKS LOOSE, SHAKING CHILLS SWEATS AGITATION ANXIETY CRYING BECOMING IRRATE ALL OVER MODERATE TO SEVERE BODY ACHES AND PAINS RESTLESS LEGS AND RESTLESS ARMS (IS WHAT I CALL IT) AND ALL THIS ON THE FIRST DAY WITHOUT TRAMADOL! I WAS TAKING 100MG 2X A DAY SOMETIMES MORE IF MY FIBRO PAIN WAS BAD OR I WAS FLARING. I WILL NEVER TOUCH TRAMADOL AGAIN, VICODIN IS NOT HALF AS ADDICTING AS THIS DEATH TRAP. THIS DRUG NEEDS TO BE RATED A CONTROLLED NARCOTIC, JUST BECAUSE IT IS SYNTHETIC DOES NOT MEAN IT IS ANY SAFER. PLEASE I AM TRYING TO GET THROUGH THESE NEXT 4 TO 7 DAYS OF WITHDRAWAL...I AM ON MY SECOND AND ABOUT TO LOSE IT ALREADY, LITTLE VOICES LIKE SUZE SAID IN YOUR HEAD TELLING YOU TO GO TO THE HOSPITAL TO GET THOSE PAIN MEDS! VICIOUS CYCLE THAT NEEDS TO END. I HAVE A VERY SUPPORTIVE HUSBAND AND I HOPE I HAVE REACHED THE PEAK OF MY WITHDRAWAL SINCE ON AVERAGE WITHDRAWAL FROM TRAMADOL IS ABOUT 3 TO 4 DAYS, DEPENDING ON YOUR OWN BODY AND HOW HEAVY YOU USED AND HOW LONG. I WAS CONSIDERED TO BE A "LOW DOSE" AND MY SYMPTOMS ARE THIS BAD... INCREDIABLE!  PRAYERS FOR EVERYONE, GOD BLESS.
yes I would like the recipe.
i would love to get off ultram..beem taking 8 a day for 4 years..i get so sick..please hlp
Hey
I have been on Ultram for the better part of a year now. I realized it is a problem when I began taking 10+ pills daily. I have JRA (juvinal rheumatoid arthritis) wiith arthritic symptoms since age 12. I also recently herniated my L4/L5. I requested purposely to have pain medication that wasn't narcotic, and my doc gave me Ultram.  Now it is too early to get the refill --because i take too many due to the tolerance) and I am already having anxiety with cold sweats. I also get these strange feelings like a buzzing sensation going through my body, almost like uncontrollable bursts of energy- that is the worst because i don't know what to do with myself.. By reading all the comments, i know this is going to get worse. When i get my refill I know i have to taper down. Please, does anyone have any helpful advise.