Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
Ultram withdrawl(withdrawal) symptoms - sickness

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

I have been using Ultram er 300mg for a few months.  I doubled up a few times here and there.  I went to refill the script and was told I had to wait a week before the insurance carrier would allow the refill.  I have been off Ultram er 30mg for a week now and I have also been sick as a dog for the past 5 days.  Could my illness be contributed to Ultram withdrawl (withdrawal) symptoms (if there is such a thing?).  
     It feels like a flu but then again it does not feel like a flu.  I do not vomit but my body is very very week, I have constant nightmares, I have no energy, I want to sleep all of the time, my body feels like it is shooting with pins and needles whenever I stand up and walk a short while.  
    I also take Effexor 225mg daily for the past 1.5 years.  Needless to say, if my illnes is not contributed to Ultram, I can say that I am very concerned about my symptoms.  I am 43, male and in generally good health except for herniated disks I take the Ultram for.
     Please send replies to ***@****.  Thanx!!
  • Ultram (4 replies):
    Is ultram addicting I have been on oxy for 6 years and I...[more]
  • Ultram (6 replies):
    Can taking Ultram decrease the effects of vicoden?
  • Ultram versus Vicodin (111 replies):
    Has anyone had any experience with Ultram for lower back...[more]
  • Ultram Withdrawl (62 replies):
    I have been abusing Ultram for the past 5 years, and am ...[more]
  • Nausea? (3 replies):
    I have been sick all night. I am in my 2nd day no Vicodi...[more]
I was on Ultram for just a few weeks. When I got off I had the same symptoms that you describe. Just call in sick for a few days and take care of yourself. I hope you feel better soon. Oh, and if you have a temperature of 100 or more than see a doctor because that could mean that you really are sick with something other than withdrawal.
Oh yeah that's withdrawal. I agree you should call in sick for a couple of days b/c chances are you won't be able to function like this if you do go to work. Ultram is an opiate so yes of course you can withdrawal from it. You can try taking some muscle relaxants if you have them, that usually helps most people with the withdrawal symptoms and lots and lots and lots of steam!!! It releases the lactic acid from your muscles (especially a spa or sauna).

xoxo- D.