Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
Ultram

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Ultram

is anyone switching ultram tramadol for pain management,  How does itseem to be working fro you?
Tags: ultram
HI I dont have persoal experence with tram but we have plenty of members who do and the horror story's to go with it  tram is a funny drug it acts like a narcotic and also has an antidepressant in it coming off it can be a ruff road you will find out from other members
most say its worst then percs or vics I personally would not go on it
good luck and God bless    Gnarly
my experience is that there are three main opiod receptors in the brain .  tramadol will fill 2 of those.  I just  to acfound taking more toa chieve the same effect as oxy  plus the wthdrawls are BADDDDD.. I stay away from them personally
Why do you ask Tom?  Are you taking these?
Tram is awful. People think its not addicting and that's incorrect. Plus its worse than Peres to get off if. It does work different than other pills but issues are the same if not worse. Plus this drug can give you seizures if you CT from high dose
Ive had withdrawal from both Oxy and tram. Tram was by far the worst.

Like above why are you asking?
Hey Tom...i,ve just completed a short journal piece on a few of the outcomes of my experiences with Tramadol (its on my 3 days clean entry).......what would i say to anyone considering taking tram?......stay as far away from it as poss.....i,ve wd from different opiates....i,ve taken every opiate going and i clocked up more hospital admissions from tram than any other drug.....read my journal piece that i posted within the hour.....trams are a no go....this drug is EVIL
Yes this above is so true
I was recently prescribed Tramadol for a badly broken rib. It is a 'weak' narcotic and offered little relief. I just gave up on them because the side effects were outweighing the benefits by a long shot. Ibuprofen and Tylenol are just as effective. Taking more than 300mg a day can cause seizures and prove fatal. Unfortunately i don't think we've heard the last of this drug while knowledge deficit looms rampant in medical circles. Are we living in a dream world to expect doctors to know what they are prescribing?
No ive tried them and saw first hand how addictive they are.  Doctors are so quick to throw them out to people
I'm in w/d from Tram right now....Day 5 (after 3 day taper and this is my 2nd day with NO pills).....even on it for 3 weeks the w/d has been absolutely insane.  The thought of them makes me sick.  My first w/d from them landed me in the ER.  STAY AWAY!!  
i switched from oxy's to tram for pain management. i felt like s!@t for 2 weeks, but i was really glad to get off oxy's... i didn't abuse tram like i did all the other opiates... i then got off of it by going on norco... and then quit that by taper... although i will say the headaches from tram can be quite bad.