Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
Ultram???

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Ultram???

Does anyone know about the drug Ultram? A friend gave me some and siad they "act" like an opiate but are not addicting. I took one and a half this morning and then 2 hours later took my reg. 20mg f Paxil. When I researched ultram it said not to take it with paxil. I am a worry wort as it is, will i get sick. I feel my chest tightning from anxiety. Im on day 11 of w/d's from oxy's. Did I mess everything up by taking ultram today? I feel like i'm gonna throw up......help....
Ultram is not an opiate but it works by utilizing the same opiate receptors in the brain the same as an opiate, now the drug manufacturers have to put dependency information on the product because it is also addicting being that it fills the same receptors as opiates so i would be careful taking Ultram as well..
Also I forgot to mention that in the ultram information it does not state a contradiction to Paxil, my husband takes Ultram so I read the info on it for you and there is no cintradictions between these meds..I hope this helps you
Taking ultram with an SSRI is dangerous. Ultram acts on the serotonin as well as the SSRI. It has been known to cause Serotonin Symdrome. You can google the term.  Also if you look around this forum or google Ultram you will find it is addicting. Be careful..
Thanks soooo much. The last thing I need right now is another addiction. I am just starting to feel better from the oc w/d's. In the 11 day's i've done them 3 times, compared to everyday for the past couple of months. The week before I quit I was up to 3 80's a day. To me that is insanity. I have to say that this forum has helped. My husband is a big support but he had the addiction too. He did a lot better then me with the w/d's. No anxiety or depression where I was crying all the time. It started to take a toll on him because he was always worried about leaving me alone. At some point you have to get back to the "real world" right. This forum has helped with that and it is very encouraging. Thanks eveyone    
hi,i am very addicted to ultram,please try to limit the amount you take or don't take any at all.good luck!

lisa
being a pro at dr. searching for pills i have been prescribed ultram over tylenol and vicoden by many dr's and hospitols lately. they said the reason is they are not addicting, and the FDA is cracking down on the "painkiller" prescriptions. thats the info i was given anyway. oh but i dont take them.