Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
Ultrams help with W/D

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Ultrams help with W/D

Hi !!  I have a question ....   Are Ultrams good for withdrawels ?? I know they are addictive also ...Dont worry I only have 12 to get me through it !!  I know it must help . When I was withdrawing from Xanax I took my painpills and it helped TONS !!   Any advice ???  About the Ultrams
they do help make the withdrawls more bearable however they will in no way completely eliminate them.
I've used ultram/tramadol successfully for withdrawls. Just be careful not to trade one addiction for another. Ultrams are really hard to get off of but 12 shouldn't hurt you.
Just be careful they are very addictive and will give you trouble if you let them!
12 tramadol are 12 too many ,they are very addictive ,ask your doctor for a script for coladine (spell)
it will help as much if not ore then ultram without the risk of addiction.
I personally wouldnt recomend using Ultram, as its not a medication that is used for withdrawals, taking ultram will only cause a delay in detoxing, as it may give you a temporary feeling that all is well, but at the end of the day when you run out of ultram you might be right back where you started?  Penelope
You will not suffer an addiction to ultram from that of a total of 12 pills. All the best.
DO NOT USE ULTRAM FOR WITHDRAWLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I HAVE GOT MYSELF INTO A REAL BIG MESS BY DOING THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Here's my story I got addictied to lortab not for too long a few months went off cold turkey it was extremly bad i did real good for a few weeks then started taking them again got addicted again then my sister in law turned me onto tramadol this was a few months back when they said "it's not addicting" i was like kool so I went to the dr and told him I would like to try them so I started taking it soon realized if Im out of lortab this is the perfect fix.....WRONG now I am addicted to Ultram so I tried to go cold turkey off of them but I couldn't it is so scary so my husband went and got me some lortab to ween off the ultram I have been down to a five 2 times aday and thought ok "I got this" but again I was wrong 24 hours later having the same and as strong withdrawl (withdrawal) symtoms (symptoms) had nothing for almost 2 days and felt like i was going to go crazy if I had to endure this for any longer.  My body aches so bad I could scream not just your body but your brain too.  It's very weird and extremly frightning.  Got a few more tabs going to half a 7.5 then half a 5 hopeing for the best will let you know.  What I can tell you now is please stay away from the ultram.