Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
Update from a rare visitor these days

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Update from a rare visitor these days

Hello all

Just wanted to make a small update on my situation so no one worries about me falling into a hole of any kind :o)

At day 53 of my "Tramadol get the hell away from me" period. I am almost back to normal, whatever that entails, and life is beginning to shape up. I would say that I am at 90-95% and the last 5-10 % isn't neccesarily due to the trams...

The support from my MH friends has been invaluable and I am pretty sure that if MH didn't excist many addict would fall through the cracks...

The biggest issues I am dealing with at the moment must be my new lifestyle... I have never been very social or outgoing.. I dont have a social network as such because work has provided me with all the socialization I need.. and I havenever had any real hobbies that could hold my attention for longer periods.. This all changed when I stopped Trams... I began trainig 3-5 times a week which gives me great boost in energy and wellness.. I am in a serious relationship for the first time in a long period so that presents many new daily activities... and I am trying to expand my social network... all in all there are many changes and I often get the feeling that "WOW" this is bizarre or weird - miss the comfort of the safe old life - allthough that life no longer offers me those things...

This week I am away with work on a teambuilding experience at an estate way way out in the country side so that is why I am not that active in spreading the joy and humor as I usually do - but I AM checking in from time to time to read...

be well all..
Thanks for the post and update B!!  So glad you are out living life!!  way to go friend!  stay in touch!  
You are doing so great! I'm very proud of you Bear.
I am soo happy for you and keep us posted dont dissappear like so many do, Congrats on life and LOVE Makes me have hope!!
Thanks so much for the update! I'm so glad to hear how well you're doing and your life sounds pretty darn awesome!! I bet you're loving this new life over the old, pill-obsessed life!! Thanks for checking in...your a huge asset to us around here so don't stay away at some fun job training for too long! :)
Thinking of you!! You are doing great :)