Use of the drug called Spice

Can someone tell me if you're able to tell if someone is high on "Spice"?
Also, what are the symptoms, signs, etc?
Is there a smell associated with the smoke from it?

We're concerned that our daughter is smoking this.
I seen a thing on tv about it ! Well it kind of reminded me of pot from what I seen maybe u can google it to find out!! Well good luck and god bless
I know "spice" from personal experience!  It's one of many brands called "herbal incense."  Spice is not the strongest of them, by any stretch - but herbal incense is a substitute for marijuana.  However, it is legal in almost every state.   When I tried herbal incense I was visiting my mother in a state where "medical marijuana" does not exist!  At the time (NOT anymore)  I was smoking a lot of pot... I had a px from a doctor because I had absolutely no appetite.   I'd heard of herbal incense and got many brands.  I was truly shocked because it really is so very similar to pot.   Not AS intense, but very similar.  Remember, though, a lot of people think it's harmless and it is LEGAL.   If one is a regular pot smoker, Spice probably wouldn't be strong at all.  If not, signs may be similar to those of smoking pot..... which vary greatly from individual to individual.  Hope this helps!  Be easy on her - it isn't illegal at least.  Also, if she had the "real" stuff chances are that she wouldn't waste her time on this.  She may just be experimenting with something she heard was cool and legal.  If this is as far as her curiosity for substances goes, you're very lucky.
Spice is extremely dangerous. It's because people are not dying left and right that it is still legal. I looked up the herbs in it, and they are no good for the body or the mind. Some people smoke it and swear it's great, well, as far as the "high" I would not know. I do know though that smoking it is like playing Russian roulette and just because you don't get something bad happening to you one time does not mean it won't the next time.

I would STRONGLY suggest you try to get your daughter to stop smoking it.
Hi & Welcome,

To be honest, the least of my worries would be whether the substance is legal or not. I would be more concerned with why she feels that she needs something to alter her mood. There is obviously more going on there and I think it would be in your daughter's best interest to get to the issues. It is spice now but when that stops working, what is next?

I hope she is open to getting help and I wish you the best.
This stuff IS killing people and is illegal now in Minnesota due to the deaths.  I would seriously sit down and talk with your daughter.  Really listen to what she says.  Get yourself educated on this stuff.  All the best~~~~~sara
Re-reading what I wrote and feel a bit daft!  I do agree with everyone else here!  I was ignorant myself of the dangers of it, so am more educated now thanks to the good people here.   I feel stupid for stating that it's legal.  

Alcohol is legal.   It almost killed me and TG I haven't had a drink for several years.   I wish I could take my post down.  I agree that it is something to be more concerned with, and feel like my post was way too blase.  (especially for someone who is on this site because she's got an addictive personality!!!)   Please educate your daughter and keep tabs (in a positive way) on her curiosity about drugs... legal or NOT!!!   I feel REALLY stupid.   Forget my post!  I should have simply stated WHAT it was, not pontificated about the legality of it.  It was almost like I was regressing to my own smoking of it and the BS I told my mom.  (thinking of course that it wasn't BS at all, at the time).   Sorry if I was misleading in the innocuousness of it.  Best of luck with your daughter!
Everyone at some time gives advice they would like to take back for whatever reason/s. Don't feel stupid. It's understandable for you to be human, but you need to just remember that you are human. The poster has got a lot of advice and you are right that it's a good thing her daughter is not experimenting with something heavier. If spice was something herbal that isn't harmful, I would be one of the first to let people know, but unless someone goes and researches something for themselves, then they can get wrong accounts.

Bad advice is something we all do, don't beat yourself up. I make mistakes, all I can do is understand I am human, and try to do better :-)
Thank you so much!!!!   I appreciate everything you said!  Hope your day is wonderful!  :)