Using small amount of codeine for opiate withdrawls.
As some of you know I have really been struggling with staying clean off opiates and YES, I want it badly.  The longest I have gone is 10 days and since then I have tried and tried but can't seem to make it past 1 or 2 days.  I am prescribed Tylenol 3's from my doctor however my DOC is percocets and oxy's.  I was up to at one point about 20 percs a day.  I haven't refilled my Tylenol 3's from my doctor for obvious reasons.  They contain 30 mgs. of codeine.  You can buy Over the counter codeine pills in Canada which contain 8mg. of codeine and 8mg. of caffeine.
Would it be okay to take a few of these to alleviate the brutal withdrawal symptoms that I am having from the percs.  Would it be better to use the Tylenol 3?  I just cant seem to stay clean with nothing and was hoping that using the small amount of codeine would help me through the worst part.
Hi you helped me so much my first couple of days. I am sorry to hear about you're ongoing battle with the wds. I didn't see on your post here what day you're on without using? I am on 7 and I think you were ahead of me so knowing that I would have thought the wds for you would be coming down by now. Peace and prayers.
Don't try replacing one opiate with another even though it is a weaker opiate. If you can't stop Percocet then try tapering slowly, introducing another type of opiate to help might be worse than reducing the amount of opiate you are already used to. Imagine switching from whiskey to vodka to help get off alcohol. You are stronger than you think, just grit your teeth and be stronger than the urge to relapse again. You have the power deep inside you, just access it. The human spirit is more powerful than any drug, you just have to believe that and you can overcome...
Thanks for your kind words and I'm glad I helped.  
I have been withdrawing on and off for 2 months because I keep relapsing.  I went 10 days and thought I was done with them but I just took one and here we go again.  The withdrawals seem worse this time or I don't have the strength left in me anymore.  This had been a never ending nightmare but I keep trying.  I almost feel sorry for myself.
I go one or two days and then can't seem to take it anymore and end up taking a pill which leads to more and more.
I wake up every day planning on staying clean and going cold turkey but I just cave.  I want this badly and I am surprised at myself.  I am usually a very stubborn person but I just don't seem to have the strength left to go through withdrawals but I know I have to.
I was just hoping to make it a little easier by using a bit of codeine to help me instead of percs.  It seems once I take one perc then I could take 100.
There is no such thing as one for me anymore.