VALIUM ADDICTION

I have been taking 3 to 5 Valiums a night for the past several months. I had/have prostatis (Frquent Urination). NONE of the medication (taken alone) given by doctor help. But with the Valiums I am at least able to sleep several hours. But now I get the chills,tingling sensation,stomach aches during the day.
I have lost weight and feel Ill. I have made an appt with a clinic. But I may not go though wih it.

How do I safely get off the valiums.

S
Welcome to the board!

I have heard that quiting valium can be dangerous if taken in large amounts for 2 months. If you are terribly sick, please go to your nearest ER. This really should be monitered. I will be praying for you and hope you are better soon.

Always,
Mariyah
Valium is a benzo and they're hard to w/d from. You should be monitored by a dr. Many years ago I went through valium. Never stop them abruptly or you could have seizures and worse. I tried to do it at home. For three weeks I stayed in bed. The only time I got up was to shower. I couldn't eat, sleep, take phone calls, answer the door. Sleeping was out of the question. Finally, I was put in the hospital psych ward and it turned out to be a blessing. They kept me busy and gave me something to ease the w/d. Please don't try this alone.
Do you mean you took that many valium at once?? If you did you need help to detox.
I'm not trying to scare you. I just don't want you to go through what I did. I never abused mine. I took 5mgs three times a day. I was on it for 13 yrs.

If I can help in any way please let me know.
Keep posting and Take Care....LS