Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
VALIUM ADDICTION

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

VALIUM ADDICTION

I have been taking 3 to 5 Valiums a night for the past several months. I had/have prostatis (Frquent Urination). NONE of the medication (taken alone) given by doctor help. But with the Valiums I am at least able to sleep several hours. But now I get the chills,tingling sensation,stomach aches during the day.
I have lost weight and feel Ill. I have made an appt with a clinic. But I may not go though wih it.

How do I safely get off the valiums.

S
Avatar n tn
Welcome to the board!

I have heard that quiting valium can be dangerous if taken in large amounts for 2 months. If you are terribly sick, please go to your nearest ER. This really should be monitered. I will be praying for you and hope you are better soon.

Always,
Mariyah
Valium is a benzo and they're hard to w/d from. You should be monitored by a dr. Many years ago I went through valium. Never stop them abruptly or you could have seizures and worse. I tried to do it at home. For three weeks I stayed in bed. The only time I got up was to shower. I couldn't eat, sleep, take phone calls, answer the door. Sleeping was out of the question. Finally, I was put in the hospital psych ward and it turned out to be a blessing. They kept me busy and gave me something to ease the w/d. Please don't try this alone.
Do you mean you took that many valium at once?? If you did you need help to detox.
I'm not trying to scare you. I just don't want you to go through what I did. I never abused mine. I took 5mgs three times a day. I was on it for 13 yrs.

If I can help in any way please let me know.
Keep posting and Take Care....LS