Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
VALIUM

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

VALIUM

I take 2mg at bed...I want to stop it because i see no benifit with my neck pain....I called my pharmisist and he said i could just stop because it was such a low dose. any thoughts? Leslie
How long have you been on it?
about 4 months.
valium comes in 5 mg ad 10 mg...are u breaking ur pills in half?   2 mg is an odd dose for valium but is a very normal/large dose of xanax.....klonopin/ativan also is mg'ed this way
i was on 2 mg of ativan (i know valium isn't quite as strong as ativan, so you have to bear that in mind)....but i was told i definitely needed to taper when i decided that i wanted to go off of it (I was taking it only at night for sleep purposes), and could not just stop cold turkey....i don't know....i know everyone and every BODY is different, but valium is a benzo, and going off a benzo cold turkey CAN be difficult....it can wreak havoc with your CNS....i suppose you could just try it and see how you feel....your body will let you know either way!
Well if it truly is 2mg of valium, that is a small dose.  But you've been on it for 4 months?  You may notice some w/d if you don't take it for several days so be on the look out.  It is a wonderful muscle relaxer and even though you don't notice any benefit right now, if you start waking with stiffness and pain, it may have been a benefit after all?
valium comes in 2mg also.
What is the harm in just taking a few days and tapering off just to be on the safe side whether its a small dose or not?
You might try breaking your 2mg pills in half and taking only 1mg at night for a week or so instead of just stopping. You may be able to safely quit at 2mg, but you should ask your doc about this. A little unsolicitied advice about valium:  In some people, withdrawing from the drug can cause depression, so use caution here. Even with just 2mg, if your body and brain are accustomed to having it every night, you *may* have some side effects from withdrawal, If you already have issues with depression, be careful about stopping CT.
last night i did not take my 2mg  my orthopedic DR. said just stop so I did.........i feel very run down is that a WD symptom and how long will WD symptoms last??? thanks Leslie