Valium, Xanax and norco's
I see a lot about not taking to many norco's xanax, valium etc. but the thomas recipe says to use as many as needed for first few days, what gives?
The xanax or valium really help with anxiety and stress with CT's.  It really is recommended to take as little as possible for as short a time as possible to avoid becoming addicted or dependent on them.  Unlike Norco, if you become dependent, you can't cold turkey because it works on the nerve center.  You could have seizures or a stroke.  So if you use them...use them sparingly!
Nothing gives.  The recipe says to take Valium to induce sleep for a few days and I think it makes it clear it's just for sleep and to take what you need to sleep and then stop. That's what Thomas did and it worked for him. It's up to you whether you want to take it or not. It's just a suggestion.

On the forum, we don't encourage drugs. They're sometimes necessary though. We just don't suggest drugs as a first line defense. Again, it's up to you.  
Thank you for the feed back. Starting day 1 going cold turkey using some of the Thomas recipe. Been watching these comments for awhile and has helped give me the courage to get rid of this crap. Wish me well and hope to hear from more of you.  
Good luck hun.  Congrats for making this momentous decision.  Be sure to post as often as you would like....we all want to help :-)