Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
Valium Vs. Ativan

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Valium Vs. Ativan

Does anyone know why the Thomas Recipe suggest valium and using ativan only if you can't get valium?  Is there a big difference between these two?  Thanks!!
I'm not sure!  Xanax?  I guess which ever you can get...anything to calm you down.  Wish I'd know about that recipe when I was detoxing....I had some but I thought I'd die if I took anything, I was so scared.  Crumby.....
i think i heard someone say it is because ativan is longer working...not sure though...somone will answer that soon
I know they use the valium to detox from alcohol. and you can sleep. It also helps keep your b/p down. but ativan will do both of that as well...
would like to know myself...