Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
Valium takes it away.

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Valium takes it away.

I do have chronic pain and have been on hydros for the past 3 years and am only taking 20mgs per day.  I want off these frickin things so bad but find it quite difficult when the pain makes a comeback.  A friend of mine gave me two .10mg Valium tabs and I broke them in half.  I have taken a 1/2 tab for the past two days and have noticed that my mind is clear, no aches or pains, I sleep during the night and have little to no craving for the hydros.  WTF!

I think I'm in love here.  I do know that Valium is addictive but from what I've been reading it is less addicitve than xanax and easier to detox from.  I also suffer from anxiety but I don't know why.  

Why does the Valium seem to work?
Valium is not only a tranquilizer, but also a muscle relaxer as well. That is why it has been used for anxiety and moderate to severe muscle spasms and pain from injuries. I would say that if you can get off the hydros and wean yourself off of the Valium after some short period of time you will be fine. If you experience muscle weakness and/or joint pain be sure to drink plenty of water as medications in this family seem to dehydrate the body.
Hey there!
The line between pain management and addiction is extremely thin.
I just want you to know that it is very hard to get off benzos even like valium. You can't go CT on them you can only taper them off and it's not a walk in the park believe me....
So before you start using them for good, go to your doctor, talk about it, do your homework and read as much info as you can and please take into account that even valium is very addictive and he!! to get rid of.
Here's a site that you might find interesting:
http://www.benzo.org.uk/

Best of luck to you.
xoxoxoxo. sophie.
Sophie's right on this: Hope you just use them for a week or so to "re-set" your sleep -- there are other muscle relaxants out there that aren't psychoactive.

Good luck!