Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
Valium

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Valium

My wife gave me some valium (20 mg) this morning to help with the cravings. I was really going out of my mind. She is vey conservative and told me she will help me with my cravings for a week. This seemed to help me today. I know that is a large dose for some but I am 6'3" tall and have a high tolerance even before my drug abuse. I am not pushing this at all, just wanted to let you know that right now it has helped. No craving at all and it has been the worst battle for me. I went on line again yesterday to get more pills and the drug co was pushes for re-order. I told them no and just burned that bridge. I am taking B6 now and took trazodone last night for sleep. I am so much calmer right now and think I will take the kids to my fav restaurant in Bass River. Of course, it is a seafood restaurant and I want a lobster roll with fries, heh heh. I could eat lobster all day long. I hope all are doing well and finding their own niche to get through this. I guess I knew it would not be easy. I don't suggest following in my footsteps because it is different for all. I am not a fan of benzos and hydro was my sweet darlin. It is so hard to let her go and she is always calling to me. I will still keep on fighting this because truth be told, my mind is much clearer. My wife has done a 360 in regards to my abuse and that make all the difference. Thanks for reading my post. I know a few weeks ago when I was going through my worst of w/d's and made the mistake of drinking, I hurt a lot of people. I can't expect forgiveness and don't know if I would have forgiven. I hope that I would have, because if not, I would be a hyprocrite. I am so far from perfect and I really don't know anyone that is perfect. Jesus is perfect and I am trying to get more in touch with my faith. I know some members don't care for the inspirational poems, uplifting jokes and other comments made. I need the poems, joke and believe it gives me a moment of clarity and makes me laugh. You will never find me reporting or complaining about others posts, unless they are cruel and directed to a certain individual. I learned that when I lash out at someone, it hurts me just as much. I am still so new in my recovery and trying to take a day at a time. I can not look to tomorrow, I noticed it makes the cravings worse. When i read that someone just got a new bottle filled, I still feel so envious. I find it tough not to want to be in their shoes. It is human nature to anyone that is addicted to any drug.

God Bless,
Tim
Hey my "Flushin Bro"...I am so glad to hear that you are feeling much better. That is GREAT....Just know you will stillhave those "down days" but don't give up. You have come so far...

Enjoy your dinner with the kids, that sounds good...Keeping busy really helps, huh?

I also agree with you, sometimes the poems on here and the jokes really helps, just makes you see that you can still have a little bit of fun, and it's ok to laugh...Laughter is the best medicine.....

I haven't been on too much lately, and feel bad...Just really trying to keep busy, sometimes wheni sit on here all day like i used to, it just bums me out...I will be off and on all day today...

Oh sweetie, i am so glad to hear how well you are doing, you just made my day...Your positve attitude helps me realize that this can be done...Thanks

Have a great day

Luv ya bud...         ( :

Hope
Thanks my flushin sis!!! Your words of encouragment help. My kids are yelling for me and we are leaving now.

Talk to you later!!!!!  My sweet snakehunter!!!!!

Love,
tim
I could not be more proud of you today..and everyday..You have come so far.

Be very proud of yourself and the progree you are making. YOU ARE MUCH STRONGER than you think...

This is such a hard process and I hear my name being called as well..but you can do this..Just as I can...

Good luck to you Tim...

Many Hugs....

Lisa
Very nice post!  I understand about the valium - I had to take 2 Xanax last night or I thought I was going to flip.  Two bad days of depression and just general anxiety.  Today is brighter I am happy to report!  Looking forward to a nice weekend with the family.  I hope you are doing the same!

xoxox,

Shelby
Just had a nice lunch and going to take a nap on the hammock. It is a perfect day today. Keep on doing what your doing!!!!

Tim