Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
Vic addiction

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Vic addiction

Hello all. I'm so glad I found this. I have been on Vic for almost 10 years now, and in the past year have become addicted. I take up to 6 per day and cannot go one day without. I see two drs to get scripts filled, use different pharmacies, and have used urgent cares when I run out. I'm terrified. This week I went 2 days without, but it was all I thought about. I am back on them. I know I'm capable of quitting, I just need the support. I cannot tell my husband, because he struggled with a family member doing the same and he never was able to understand or support. I just want my old self back-when will the cravings ever stop? Does this site offer sponsors?
WE can ALL be your sponsors! We are here to support and encourage each other thru the good times and bad. Using different doctors and pharmacies can get you into SERIOUS legal trouble so my advice is STOP that IMMEDIATLY! As for when the cravings will stop?I don't know that they ever will but they do become more manageable...............Make up your mind and STICK WITH IT! you CAN do it!
Hi and welcome! I'm so proud of you! You may not realize it but you're already making progress: taking the first step and reaching out and admitting you need help is huge.

Now to turn on my stern mom voice ;p, what you're doing to obtain prescriptions is highly illegal and will get you locked up. It's not a matter of "if" but rather "when" it will happen. Therefore it's time to stop. Now/today.

I know you don't want to tell your husband and I respect that. I'm only clean 20 days and just told my husband recently. It's important to have support and this board is great, but be thinking long term / NA meetings / aftercare of some sort.

Why don't you quit today? Come down with the "flu" for a couple of days and let's work on kicking this, okay? Get the supplements in the Thomas Recipe, epsom salt (long baths are a must), bananas (for RLS), Ensure / Gatorade, and saltine crackers. The first 48 hrs will be rough but it gets better (physically). Stick to this site, find some detox buddies, and post often. Staying accountable and having support are key to successful recovery. Oh, did I mention to go ahead and flush any pills you have left? We love flushing parties here? Just let me know the time and I'll be there with my pom poms. :)

I'm really glad you're here. I know you're scared and that's okay. We're here to help you. You can do this. Keep taking the steps you need to take and we'll hold your hand along the way.