Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
Vicodin Addiction

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Vicodin Addiction

I have been taking Vicodin for two years for Migraine Headaches
Recently my Doctor gave me Fiorinal/ COD 30 mg for my headaches.
I think I may be addicted to them. I take 2 to 3 a day.
I would like to stop taking them and I wondered what the
withdrawal syptoms (symptoms) are?
Avatar n tn
I just went through detoxing from Fiorinal with codeine (taken for about 2 years - ended up at the end taking at least 6 pills a day just to feel normal and to get rid of headaches) and it wasn't pleasant. I went through irritabilty, sweating, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, appetite loss.
You must be more careful with Fiorinal with Codeine because the Fiorinal contains a barbiturate (butalbital) and that can lead to more serious withdrawl (withdrawal) - inlcuding possible seizures.  If you become addicted to Fiorinal, you should be medically supervised to stop taking them.
This is if you excede the recommended dosage and don't take as prescribed (like every day).
If you find that you need to take pills daily to aleviate headaches, you may want to try something other than Fiorinal.  Try non-narcotic pain relievers as much as possible or you will find yourself one day having to go through withdrawls.  Trust me on that! Do some research on Fiorinal with Codeine before switching over.

Imitrex injection and pills help me with my migraines.
Be very careful with this drug! I also used it and still do for migraines, and whenever i ran out, i would be in tears for days....sluggish, it was the worst I have ever experienced.

i do have some that I save for a massive migraine, and did use two of them the other day because of norco withdrawal...but the bar in this drug is a doozy.

wean yourself off very very slowly
Hi I'm Bill and I'm a vicodin addict. I snort them to get high I have no prescription and no insurance. I really want to get off them as they r ruining my life. I've already lost my girlfriend who.I loved very much and its a constant drain on my wallet I don't have a high paying job and I work very hard for what money I do have. Which is say between 50 and 70 percent of that goes to my addiction. I snort about 10 a day and I really want to quit but I've Ben doing this for about 2 years now but I'm afraid of withdrawing. I cannot miss work or I will have nowhere to live. I'm told its easier if u eliminate people from ur life that push u to get high but I have that at home from my family and at work from my boss so that's out of the question. I guess my question is does anyone know of any otc medal I can get to keep me going during withdraws because no insurance mean no prescriptions to help. Plz I really need some Support to do this and I have none because I ran off the only.person that cared enough to want me off them. Everyone else in my life laughs at me when I mention quitting but I don't want to be this person I'm becoming. I'm all ears
you posted on a very old thread.  This is a great group and I want you to get help.  Go to the top of this page and click on the orange Icon (ask a question) and copy/past your post.  This will start a new thread and others will see it as new and be able to help.  You will get help!!!!!  Glad you got here.