Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
Vicodin Vs. Oxycodone

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Vicodin Vs. Oxycodone

wondering if anyone can give me a comparison of the two.  I have been taking 10 5mg vic a day for the last 8 months and i have now been out for a full day..  The side affects are bad as far as being very achy and not being able to focus.  I was able to get some oxy which seems to really help but I'm just not familiar with the drug. Are they pretty similar? Thanks in advance for any input.
This is an addiction site and I guess you looking for information about oxycodone because you want to just switch your drug of choice..........

1X1 there really isn't any difference..........Mr. Vicodin
Yes the 5/325 is what Im refering to.  5mg of Hydro Vs 5mg of Perc.  I would ultimatley like to quit this ugly habbit completely by cutting down daily but the problem is I dont have the supply currently to do so.  The percs would be to get me by until I can begin the tappering process. Thank again
Oxycontin is a lot stronger thn vicodin.  If take a lot of the percocet before you get your vicodin the vicodin will not do anything for you.  They will maybe help with some of the withdrawl (withdrawal) you will have from the percocet. If you can help it stay away from the oxy's and try to taper or stop the vicodin you are messing with a serious addiction that WILL ruin your life.  
Sorry but it matters what strengths your talking about........

Just because it is oxycotin does not make it stronger........

Oxycotin has 80mg which is the most abused drug today on the market.......

addicts snort this pill and it is sold on the street like wild fire....

You don't know your narcotics to well.....on offense.......
If you want the easiest narcotic to taper off of switch to tylenol #3
Yes the oxys will be stronger ..... You may end up with a new addiction...You have made it threw over 24 hours I would try to tough it out instend of taking more to stop again......
avis
How would you know what I know about narcotics.  I was trying to explain to the person to stay away from oxy's.  If you would have read my post instead of thinking you know everything you would have understood my point.  But I guess 10mg of hydrocodone is as strong as 10mg of oxycodone.  Maybe need to do some reaserch yourself.
Addiction issue aside - I'd go with whatever has less tylenol if you're ingesting in bulk.
listen to Beach.
Hey Ive taking 30mg of oxy 4 times a day for pain for 8 mnth then i stop for like 7 mnth but the pain in my back is too much why do i keep hearing that its so addictive i stopped and hadnt had any withdraws or anything i was recently prescibed vicodin is there any difference in how it affects your body
I wish you the best of luck in your path to getting off of the pills all together. There are a lot of differences in the two pills, but if you wish to get off of the "ugly habit" then my suggestion to you would be to cut them out of your life completely and no longer be able to have access to them. Once again, I wish you the best of luck in this.
This post is about 2 years old. I don't think many of these people have logged on in years. Please, start a new post with your questions or comments so someone will see them.
r u taking oxycodone or oxycotin??????? there is a HUGE difference cuz i use to take alot of 10-325 norcos but went to oxycotin and let me tell u there is TOTATTLY a diffrence and much strioger its basicall synthetic heroin and its hell getting off it not like vicodin is a walk in the park but oxies are very bad if i were u and had to do either i would try and stick away from the oxies. good luck
Just want to know what is stronger Norco (10mg hydrocodone/325 tylenol or 10mg Percocet (10mg oxycodone/325mg tylenol?)

Seems equal unless one narcotic is stronger than the other.  They hasv same 10mg of the narcotic in it and same amount of tylenol 325

Would appreciate your thoughts and experiences,

Not quite sure