Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
Vicodin and Oxycontin = the same??

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Vicodin and Oxycontin = the same??

So i need to know if Vicodin and Oxycontin is the same???? DOes it show up the same in a pee test....cuz im visiting and I"m running out of my medication and someone has vicodin....so can i take it??? or will it show in a pee test???  my pee test is july 5th.......can anybody tell me soooooooooooon???? cuz i wanna take one cuz im in painnnnn!!!!
thanksssssssssssssssssss in advance:)
They will show up as opiates... they can choose to test specifically for which opiates... they are not the same  so I assume they would show up differently. Oxycodone is stronger that hydrocondone.
Depends on the test. Most **** test see all opiates as the same, except maybe for herion. Not sure about herion. Methadone has its own test.

You can google opiate tests and find some really good info from sites that sell the tests.

If this is for a pain management Dr' then more than likely they wll test for each medication you are taking. They want to know that you are taking the right doses and that you are taking them, because there are a lot of ppl out there that sell there scripts for money. Usually if it's for something else they don't test for specific opiates, just for any opiates, benzos...etc.
Good Luck,
Gypsy
IT DOES NOT MATTER IF ANYTHING IT WILL SHOW UP LESS AS STRONG AS WHAT YOU WERE TAKING. BUT TO BE SAFE GO TO THE NEAREST HOSPITAL AND LET THEM HELP YOU,THEY WILL PROBABLY GIVE YOU A SHOT OF MORPHINE OR SOMETHING AND GIVE YOU A SCRIPT. GOOD LUCK AND GODBLESS AND I HOPE YOUR USING THEM FOR THE RIGHT REASON
Hey everyone!  Thanks for getting back to me so quickly!!! Last nite I posted a comment on here....but it wouldnt process....so I'm trying again!!!:)
Yes it is a pain management doctor that is doing the pee test.  I have to go july 5th for it.  I have a prescription for oxycontin 10mgx2 a day.   Last nite I took 2 hydrocodones (their not good at all, didnt take away any of my pain), and 1 percocet.  I think my doctor said they test for "illegal drugs" but I dont know if they check for the above drugs I mentioned.  I only smoke pot sometimes, I've been there, done that with other drugs..eg: coke, crack whatever else.  It has been a year since Ive used crack.  That was a hard habit to kick...holy crapola, I didnt go to rehab or anything just stopped using it.  I still dream about it sometimes, it feels so real when I wake up...i think did i actually do it??? ughhh.   I did have a prescription for percs not so long ago, so I can say I still had some.  but as for the hydro's ......Ive never had those b4, and I'm not taking anymore of them cuz they dont work for me.  

My legs are finally getting better!!!! OMG, i thought i was gonna have to chop em off!!! hehee!!!

K take care everyone, and have a great rest of the day!:)

Love, Laurie