Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
Vicodin detox and blurred vision

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Vicodin detox and blurred vision

I have been weaning off of vicodin for about a month and a half and now in full detox. Since I started weaning off my vision have been very blurry, grainy and shaky. Has anyone else had this during withdrawals/detox? How long did I it last? Very scared!
hun have you had any physical therapy? if you don't use your muscles for awhile they go into atrophy. when was the last time you saw your doctor?
what strength of  vicodin were you taking?
the pain definitely increases when you are in detox. it will take at least a month to re-evaluate the pain.
sitting in a hot tub with Epsom salt will help with the aches and pains.
Hey there ..... I have been and did wean off vicodin too. My vision hasnt been that great either. I feel like everything is fogged over and its all kind of odd. Drink Drink Drink Lots of water. If you feel theres something more than coming off the Vic's I say see your Dr. You should always take your health into consideration. You can never be too careful...
I hope your day gets better!  
It is best to check with your dr. I did have this. I went cold turkey off of vics and my vision was not good during the acute withdrawls. After about a week or two off of them, everything was very clear and bright. You start to really notice the beautiful things you have been numbed out to. Hang in there. It does get better.
No need to be scared.....it happened to me, too.  You are healing and all of your nervous system is in shock now.  It will improve....and your eyes will re-adjust to the new clean you!  

You said you had been weaning off....for about a month and a half...and are now in full detox.....how many days have you been totally clean?

At the time I quit, I had been majorly dosing my body with hydrocodone, too.  But I had also been shoving gabapentin and prozac in my mouth ALL day everyday....BAD DEAL....stupid...of course, but in the drugged, scared mind set I had....I wasn't sure I could get off the hydrocodone and in my panic mode, I was overdosing on the proazac and gabapentin. (not taking as prescribed...imagine that?  lol)  So...all that to tell you....my vision was majorly affected and it gradually healed....over time.  Each medication we are on CAN affect our vision....I know for sure.....hydrocodone (vicodin, lortabs, norco) can have that effect as can gabapentin.  So, in my case, I wasn't sure which darn drug it was.....I just had to heal thru it.

I didn't find this forum until I was 55 days in.....and even at that time when I was new....I asked the very same question.  No one could relate to me...so it seemed... during that timeframe on this site....they just told me to go to the eye dr.  Well, with no insurance, no income and not having the health to even get to the eye dr, I just researched it...and rode it out.  It got better...promise it will.

Since my first coming to this forum.....many other hydrocodone peeps HAVE posted about their vision changes....so don't worry.....this too will heal.  Congrats on choosing to be FREE~
I have been completely off vicodin for 13 days now. Still having withdrawal symptoms and blurry shaky vision. About how long did it take for your vision to clear up?
As with all aspects of healing and recovery.....there isn't at straight line UP with all things improving.  Each symptom seems to improve for a time....then heal and deal with something again for a time....and then improve once again.  The term "recovery comes in waves" is used a lot....but I can tell you....give it at least 30 days (you are just about half way there for that goal....YEAH you!!) and then re-evaluate it.

I kept a spiral notebook that I wrote down all my "stuff" in....so when I would have a day I was discouraged....I could flip back and find at least one or two things I wasn't experiencing any longer....it was a GREAT way to keep my postive attitude going....and kept me fighting the fight, kept my eye on the goal, and kept my spirit encouraged.

Thanks so much for the support, which I don't have much of right now. The fear of the unknown is awful!
Check with a doc right away, especially if you have or have ever had high blood pressure. What you're experiencing is probably jus a normal part of detox, but you shouldn't take anything for granted. See a doc ASAP.
K
By weaning off so slowly, I thought I would not of gone through withdrawals for so long now. When the symptoms get worse, my eyes burn and vision gets worse and I get more sensitive to the light and colors. Been having chills, quivering inside, head pounding, itchy, dizzy and like a queezy weird feeling in my stomach. There is like bad times, and worse times that hits all of a sudden.
You said because you weaned off so slowly you did not think you would be going thru w/drawals for "so long now".....14 days is not "so long" in the big scheme of things.  How long were you on opiates?

Even if you taper/wean...it's not until your pain receptors have ZERO opiates on them that the true w/drawal symptoms begin.  ALL of your senses will begin to heal and "come alive".  They were numbed or "dulled" while on opiates.  It's a GOOD thing that colors are brighter....and until you can handle the bright light/sun....just wear some sunglasses when you are out.

If you can....when you find yourself dwelling on the "negative" ....stop and force yourself to find something postive in all this.  The FEAR and worry will make you sicker.  Get your mind off of yourself....any way you can.  Listen to music, watch something funny, go for a walk, read something uplifting, talk to others in recovery.  Dwelling on your fears will eat your lunch.  Your vision WILL return to normal.  If you don't have a history of high blood pressure...and have had that checked out.....the vision issues aren't something to be "afraid of".  Mine healed....but it took longer than 14 days.  In fact, I had very LOW blood pressure for weeks....I got dizzy every single time I even got up....my vision, my heart rate, my weak feelings...they all got better.  BUT....it takes time.  That's the gag word.

Lower your expectations some....and your serenity will increase.  Dwelling on how long this?  or how long that?  will only make your anxiety worse...and we have enough of that during w/drawals.

I figured if I used pain meds for 5 yrs....it would at least take a few months to heal.  Be good to yourself...and be sure to drink LOTS of good water.  Hydration is critical in recovery.  Hope this helps some~  keep hangin~  
Thank you so much for listening to me. So here is my whole story now, get ready!

So I took vicodin for a broken leg/surgery feb. 23rd this year for about 3 months straight 1 pill every 3-4 hours round the clock as prescribed. Stupid me taking them automatically instead of waiting to feel the pain. So now here are my problems: trying to detox with the symptoms and the blurred vision. Still can't walk, stand without extreme pain in my leg, can't go upstairs to my bedroom still, can't drive! Can't go back to work. My hair fell out from the surgery, vicodin, menopause who knows to the point that I can't go out without a hat. My back hurts bad, arms go numb probably from using the walker for so long. I figure if the Vision and w/d could get better, maybe I could have a straight mind to deal with the rest. My husband and kids are fed up with, and so unsupportive. How much can one person take? My husband said why are you so depressed? I said " Oh, I don't know"
Yes, I am still having physical therapy for the leg. They said it will take a year to be back to normal again. Also, i was taking 7.5 mg then 5 mg of vicodin. Then tapered. I had started taking half pills instead of whole all at once, then I started freaking out. Didn't realize you couldn't do that. Then I realized by reading the w/d symptoms that I was going through withdrawals.
Hey girl....thanks for sharing more info.  As I read about your situation,  I had a few of the same questions as atthebeach asked you.  If you are like me, you may have had physicaly therapy after surgery, but then quit doing the things they told us to do once you got home, huh?  

I can SO relate to you....the walker, being bedridden.....it majorly s*cks eggs!!!!  BUT.....you just gotta start "where you are at", okay?  It WILL get better, I PROMISE.  The rebound pain when we first get off pain pills is awful....it will level out.  But, in the meantime, if you have the energy, try to get some bath soaks in with the epsom salts (they even have some with lavender at Walgreens...lol).  It will help all you soreness.  It will help pull out some of the toxins too, as you are healing.

Stretches....gotta do little, baby steps.....just basic, simple ones for your arms and legs....even 10 minutes a day from your bed is a good start.  It's hard when you feel like sh*t to do this, I know.  It took me a LONG time to regain all the muscle strength I lost from being immobile and in pain for so long.  I was on a walker and bedridden, too...in 2008 for 4 months...then had another medical crisis and was bedridden all of 2010 and half of 2011 waiting for insurance and surgery.  YOU CAN DO THIS!!  I promise.....if you have the means....can you get your dr. to write a new Rx for physical therapy....can you just do little things at home....just start with itty bitty things.  
The hair loss, the pain, the pain that causes subsequent depression, not being able to sleep in your "normal bedroom", not being able to drive....me too, girly.  I know it seems it will never get better....but P.U.S.H. yourself....just a little each day.  A recovering addict friend of mine taught me that P.U.S.H. = Pray Until Something Happens.....course prayer is great...but forcing myself to do just a teeny weeny bit more kept the momentum going in the right direction.

It hurts not to feel "understood".....I know it does.....but dang it.....they just don't truly get it.....so we have to talk to people who DO "get it" ya know?

Ya gotta know you'll be ok.....it won't feel like this forever....all the symptoms you described....I had, too.  I ate a lot of simply protein snacks and drank lots of liquids.  Immodium will help if you still have bowel issues and ibuprofen (if you have no bleeding tummy issues) is all I take now.

Hang on.....we'll be here cheering for you....day 14 is GRAND....you are going it the RIGHT direction.  
Bless you~
Connie
Sorry, girl...I was typing at the same time you were.  And I majorly apologize for all my typos.

Ok...so you are still doing therapy for your leg and it hasn't even been 5 months since your surgery if you had it on Feb 23rd, right?  And you've just got 14 days off the pain pills....so give yourself a break, ok?  You will have some rebound pain (like your back) in other areas besides the source of it all....your leg surgery.  BUT.....you are doing amazing....and can you even imagine being on those pain pills for years???  And then having the surgery and trying to w/draw?  You've got one up on me, for sure!

I'm glad to see someone post about vision. Ice had this problem as well and still am gave problem with blurry vision at day 42. I figured it was part of withdrawal because I remember my attempts in the past at withdrawal I had blurry vision. I too hope it passes. Some days I have it and some days I don't its very weird. I also notice sometimes my eyes look glossy like they did when I was talking all the meds even though I'm totally clean and haven't taken anything and then some days they look normal. Can't put my finger on it but in just rolling with it and hope that time will change it.
You said you had blurry vision when you attempted and had withdrawals before. So did the vision get better when you went back to taking the pills? (Dont worry, i wont)That would mean it was from the withdrawals! Mine started about the same time I started to wean off!
Wow my friend, you have been through a lot of the same like me!

I just feel trapped in my own body! Everything blurry near and far, don't even want to look up sometimes! Can't walk or stand very long, then the w/d. Gotta get back to work at least by Dec. or everything will really fall apart. Gotta figure out what to do about my hair too. It was already really thin to begin with, and it's not gonna come back, it never has before. I feel so ugly...my whole life changed for me in the blink of an eye. I just want my life that I thought was so ****** back! I pray every day for a sign that things will get better. People complain about the little things in life, we should all be happy to be capable of running the errands, going to work and cooking dinner. I wish I coud do that now! Now I'm crying again!

I would never complain about my job again, if I can back to work. I miss everyone there too! It's actually a big part of your life!
Yes, I had blurry vision frequently during acute withdrawals, and for at least several weeks after. I was in inpatient at the time, but I think it was back  to normal by the time I went home, so less than a month. I was being monitored at the time, so I would have it checked out, just to be safe.
Allison
My vision is always blurry during withdrawals and it always took a few weeks to get back to normal. One symptom that never fails in my experience,especially as I got older.
Good to hear that it went away. I can't imagine my Vision getting that bad that quickly! I have had my blood pressure checked a couple of times and I take my blood pressure pills daily. I want to give it more time before I go to the eye doctor, as I don't seem to be the only one that has blurry vision with withdrawals. Wish it would go away soon though, Then I think I could cope with all of my other problems better!
Wow, I wonder if it has something to do with the central nervous system?
I am sure that it does. Knowing that my pupils were pinpointed for the whole time I was using and then when in withdrawal they enlarge to the size of saucers it is not a wonder that we don't see right .lol  
I remember having to hold my phone at a complete arms length just to read it.
Whoa, I have been looking at my pupils too! Don't really know how big they should be, but they always seem small! But they still are though. I will see what happens...
Hey all of your support really helps....Thank you my friends!
Very good point, ric! I never thought of that, our eyes do get all crazy during withdrawal. My son gets his eyes dilated at the eye doc, and his vision is blurry then, so makes perfect sense.
Allison
I really think it will clear up .You could also go to walmart and check your blood pressure but I would bet it is withdrawal .Tapering is less harsh but the body still has to adjust once the opiate is all gone
OH Great job on your 13 days friend !!! ;)
Hey, did anybody break out ( acne) while withdrawing?
What about muscle weakness in the arms? I have that too....anyone else?
Oh yeah !! I could barely take off my t shirt ! lol  I did break out on my face sometimes when I was using but never in detox.
And it's sometimes hard to grab or hold on to things. Like my my motor skills are off. Did you experience that?
Yeah it is just a general all around weakness. It will get better though .you should be trying to do some light exercise for at least 30  minutes every day. It will really help.
Hey thanks, boy withdrawals really make you feel like your all screwed up and dying! Some scary ****!
Yeah it does. Opiates are the only drug that people only ask you if your on drugs when you quit taking them lol
Ain't that the truth lol
Hi Connie, Hope your feeling good today!

For me my pain all over is horrible, vision the same, sensations and muscle weakness in arms, screwed up motor skills, and exhausted, so all still the same. Only thing I'm thinking is from what I have read, acute withdrawal symptoms should top out at 72 hrs in. Wow, it's more than two weeks now and hasn't tapered off yet at all! Other than the Vision, I would of thought I would feel a little better by now?
are you still taking pills now?
No, it's been more than two weeks now that I haven't.
ok making sure. you don't feel any better?
are you staying hydrated, eating?
you aren't taking any sleeping pills or drinking right?

did you try the Epsom salt baths? that along with magnesium/calcium supplements will help your muscle weakness and pain.

are you moving around as much as possible even with your leg?
taking vitamins, protein drinks also help with rebuilding your mind and body.

when is your next doctor appt?
No, no better. Comes in waves. I am trying to drink enough water, Gatorade, and coconut water. I'm eating enough. Only meds I take are advil, and some homeopathic stuff for stress and menopause. I actually took hylands restless legs and it seemed to work last night.
Oh I take vitamins and magnesium too. Can't soak in a bath, the bathtub is upstairs which I can't get up to yet. I see the surgeon next Tuesday.
it definitely will come in waves, so that part is normal for detox. you are doing the right things, keep on moving forward, it will get better.

that is good you are seeing your doctor on tues. does he know you stopped taking the pain meds? make sure you tell him everything that you are feeling.

misconception is that detox only lasts for about 5 days. symptoms can last for months, they will keep changing, come in waves, up and down.

the time frame is different for everyone but 30 days is more of a realistic time frame for detoxing and feeling a lot better.

you are doing great. your healing will come, it takes time.......

keep the faith.....

sending healing, prayers, and encouragement
debbie
Hi, I just wanted to give you some support and share a bit. When I was on the hydo/oxys in the 90s I noticed my vision was getting bad. I went to the Eye Dr and told him about the Meds and he did not say anything. Well then for awhile while I got off I noticed things were looking better. Then I just went up the latter to the Dones because of pain. Well the eyes got worse again and they did not look right. Like they pulled a bit. I am in my late 50 and yes the eye site is going bad, but again when I stopped it all got a bit better.
I really think it is taking you a awhile to bounce back because of your physically issue and the brain transmitter are most likely not shooting  right.The reason why I say this is because I did my Methadone with Adderral and got real wired up and worked like a dog. I was in my 50s and pushed my body hard like I was in my Teens. It did take me a long time to physically bounce back because of the damage I did..But as far as the Brain and the damage I have done from being a long time user will take at least a year or two to balance back. At least that was what I was told by a psychologist. Just give this time and I know you will be fine Real soon. Keep working on the Physically Part and the Brain will kick in as well. We do alot of nervous system damage. So I do think you are having some w/ds but your Health issue plays a big part for you bouncing back really quick..I sure wish you the best and keep up the good work. Time is the Greatest Healer..
Bless
Thank you, that means so much in this difficult time!
Diane
I have never been a physically strong person. I believe I had fibromyalgia and pain before for no reason. Not athletic, although tried to go to the gym and felt better when I did. Had a lot of stress also. I needed all of this like a whole in the head. Feel like this is the last straw in my life, but I guess I have to be patient and continue on. Just with everything going on, I feel like there is no quality of life.
Hi girl.....YEAH on your 15 DAYS!!!!!!!!!  Thanks for asking about me....

Warning...this is pretty LONG...and MOUTHY....haha!  Can't help myself....I just want to help you.....and I never know when to shut up...LOL

I want to share some info that might really help you right now with your current struggles and questions.

I knew NADA....NOTHING....ZIP....about opiate w/drawals when I made the decision to get off them for good.  And not finding this forum until I was 55 days clean was somewhat a disadvantage, too.  Anyway, after I got thru the very, very worst of the ACUTE w/drawal timeframe ....well, that's when all this crazy weird stuff was happening to me.  I actually thought I was  PERMANENTLY DAMAGED....hahaha!

Not funny..really....but let me assure you that all you have read about detox peaking at around the 72 hr mark is true.....but no one has explained to you that there ARE symptoms (actually a group of symptoms) that occur AFTER the acute stage....they can appear 7-14 days INTO ABSTINENCE, after stabilization FROM the ACUTE w/drawal.  These group of symptoms are called Post (after) Acute Withdrawals.. otherwise abbreviated as PAWS.  They are VERY real....I have experienced each and every one of them..  In our Health Pages at the bottom of this forum page you can click on "see more health pages" to get to this info....but I'm gonna give you the link, too.

http://www.medhelp.org/health_pages/Addiction/PAWS-part-1/show/39?cid=66

Now that you have stabilized (some) from the "acute" phase...it will help you immensely to read this.  Here are 6 (six) types of PAWS symptoms:
1)  Inability to think clearly
2)  Memory problems
3)  Emotional overrreactions or numbness
4)  Sleep disturbances
5)  Physical coordination problems
6)  Stress sensitivity

The article FASCINATED me....cause all kinds of things in me were wacked out!
Some of the VERY things you are describing like coordination between your hand and eyes; slow reflexes; inability to concentrate; impairment of abstract reasoning....I could go on and on.  

I was SO RELIEVED to find this information.  I UNDERSTOOD what was going on inside of me....it was a "normal" part of healing and recovery!  I wasn't really NUTS.....and it wasn't going to be permanent.  I was SO JAZZED, girl.  

There are many in recovery that sort of "poo-poo" the whole concept and idea of PAWS....but NOT THIS CHICK!!!!!  hahaha!  I finally was able to read in black and white EXACTLY what was going on with me.  It didn't get me thru it any faster....but I didn't feel dumb....or damaged....and I quit stressin about so many things.

Our entire nervous system works perfectly with the messages our brain sends it....the hair loss, the temporary increased pain, the vision, our GI systems, our balance, our coordination...on and on.

You said you take some vitamins....just be sure you are taking a BCOMPLEX....all the B's.....cause we cannot store up these vitamins...they are water soluable and what our bodies don't use...we excrete in our urine.
After using pain meds we are seriously deficient....and it takes time for all these miraculous functions to heal.

Hope this helps you......you aren't going crazy.....you ARE experiencing what a gazillion others have also experienced AFTER the initial 7-14 days off the pills.  Be good to yourself.......you're gonna get better and better...and I have no doubt you will be back to work in December!  You are SO right about taking it for granted to be "able" to take a shower, get dressed, drive a car, go run errands, on and on.......you WILL be able to.....you're just now hitting the 5 month mark since some pretty major surgery.....6 mos to a year is what we are ALL told after a major surgery.....you're getting there~
Bless you~
Connie
You are still in withdrawal and it is very common to have the symptoms that you are describing. I never even started to feel better until 21 days .The first 7 days are a nightmare and then there is the energy crash,lack of sleep,anxiety etc.   It just takes this long to get over these things because our brains have to readjust. I also believe our brains hold out for as long as they can sometimes on readjusting in hopes that we will give up. At 21-30 days though the brain will start working more properly. Just hang in there. You will be feeling better real soon. If you give up now you will have put in all of these days for nothing.  Just keep taking it day by day friend
Thank you so much for the info! Since I was on them only for 3 months, hopefully the symptoms won't last for more than a few months. Man if I could just turn back time, I would of tried to get off of the vicodin sooner and taken advil instead for my broken leg.

I was rushing to go get our taxes done the day it happened and slid off the two last steps of my stairs and broke my leg.   ( tibial plateau fracture with a metal plate and six screws). The funny thing is later to find out they were going to cancel our appointment! You wonder why things happen!
Thank you my dear friend,
Diane:)
I know I have to give it more time! I'm such an impatient person I guess. If the vision gets better, I know I would feel more capable of dealing with everything else too.
Diane:)
We are all impatient when it comes to this. ;)    I know it's easy for us to say just hang in there.  You are doing such a great job to have gotten this far !!!
  I predict by Sunday night you will be feeling better. LOL    I have a feeling ;)
From your mouth to God's ears!
Hello Connie, and everyone else too...

Hope everyone is doing well!

I think today is day 20 for me.... Yesterday seemed slightly better for me physically other than my rehab leg was so stiff, and my eyes are the same, shaky and blurry.... Driving me nuts. I just wish I had more support from my family. My 19 year old daughter tells me I annoy her, and my husband told me I was ******* crazy and don't tell him about it anymore..... It's just a broken leg. But it is many things now, he doesn't understand. He even told me I might a well kill myself! He even went out and bought a car...his life goes on.... I worry about going back to work, but I guess he doesn't!
Hey there,

On day 21 now.... The physical symptoms seem to be a bit better, all except for the blurred shaky vision is still the same.The bright is too bright, and the dark is too dark! Dizzy too....
Hey great job friend !   I would say if the vision does not start to clear up by day 30 you may want to just get a checkup to be safe. Day 21 seemed to always be a day that I noticed a difference and a slight turning point. Keep it up ! ;)
this is wonderful to hear. so glad that things are improving.

did you see your surgeon today?

please force yourself to do some exercise, walk, swim, get back to the gym, some light weights. it will really help you in some many ways.

make sure you are hydrating enough, dehydration can cause dizziness.
keep moving forward, you are doing awesome.

continued healing and prayers,
debbie
Yes I saw the surgeon today....he didn't say much about the withdrawals or the vision though. My physical therapist did say to try to walk without my cane and walk a lot even though it hurts. It will build the muscle. She didn't want to see me get into a cycle of pain, although I feel I am in a cycle of problems. One thing leads to another....
First things first.....one thing at a time....you're hangin and have hit 21 DAYS!!!  Next stop.....30 DAYS!!  

It will just keep getting better and better.  You have to remember you body has been traumatized just by the surgery...and is isn't 6 months since surgery yet.  Your PT person is definitely correct about pushing ourselves to get exercise but yet to take it slow and easy and not overdo....consistency is the MAIN thing...and doing just a little more than you "want" to do each day.  At least it is for me.

Who drives you to PT?  Do you have anybody....I mean anybody in your life you can talk to besides your daughter and your hubby?  You need someone in your life that can be an encourager and build you up...not tear you down.  We do enough of that to ourselves, right?

Patience is "our attitude WHILE we wait"....and coming back from surgery is a tough one.  It can feel SO slow...I know all about that for sure.

If your surgeon is anything like mine was....he was only interested in "his work" so to speak.  All the other things I was dealing with, he would just say....give it time....and if "such and such" persists...talk to your primary care dr.  I ALWAYS left his office frustrated.....but TIME heals.....just hang on and find someone to talk to that's GOOD for you, ok?  
Hellos my friend, hope your feeling good today!

Kind of had a bad evening last night....light in the house bothered me alot, vision seemed worse, chills, Kept waking up in the middle of the night pissed off about the whole situation. Eyes burning this morning too. This vision is getting me nuttier....

The PT, husband, daughter, no one understands think everything is so simple....people just don't understand if they never been through it, or felt it. PT suggested I see "someone" so I can deal with the trauma and problems I am going through since I don't have an understanding family. It's just another appointment they don't want to take me to, and my husband loathes those kind of people.

The PT even told me out of the blue yesterday that "your leg is crooked". I have been asking everyone that question before, they all said no! Then she told me because of the way I am walking with the cane it's twisting me up. She said to walk without it and walk more straight, it will correct. She said its not the bone, although it kind of does but I think it's because of swelling on one side of the knee makes it look off. The doctor always says its fine, and like your doctor he always says give it time too. Yesterday was 5 months to the date of my surgery.

I know I have to push myself a little more, it's just the vision that gets me so down, and feeling trapped. I feel like I could cope better with the physical if I could get out of the cloud!

They had me go up and down a staircase yesterday with my cane and the handrail. Almost ready to do it at home, only thing that scares me is the vision and the dizziness when doing it. It's going to even be a transition from my hospital bed to my own bed, my husband snoring, generally can't sleep, having to walk around at night disturbing everyone up there!

I know it sounds like everything is a problem, so sorry but thanks for listening! Sometimes I actually pinch myself thinking its all a nightmare and I will wake up, lol....
HI, I just noticed how old you are..Do you have to use reading glasses yet??
My eye site has been blurry for awhile. Not as bad when I was using but I was told it does happen as we age. I just went again about a year ago and had to get stronger reading glasses. So maybe that is all it is, is just age too..Be strong and keep on pushing them days. I am proud of you trying to do this in so much pain..
Bless
The only reason I may not think so is because it happened so suddenly and severely. I put my contact lenses on and managed to go to dinner on Mother's Day and I could see my food. Then maybe a week later I couldn't see my food clearly with my contacts. I then noticed without my contacts I can only see clear about one foot in front of me now, it wasn't like that before. Seems also shaky and grainy.  And light sensitivity too. That all started about the same time I started weaning off until now.
Hey there....Congrats on your 14 days:)

How's your vision doing? Mine is still blurry as hell.... Have had it since I started weaning off, but giving it a chance! I feel like there is a window between me and everything, the light is too light, and the dark is to dark! Dizzy too!
I was on Vicodin for 4 months including the time I was weaning off. Do you think withdrawals and PAWS could last longer than the actual time that I took the drug? It's been over a month now, symptoms the same but maybe not as severe, although the vision thing is still the exactly the same.
And I don't think I mentioned this before but on and off the whole time even when I was taking the Vicodin I have had this burning smell in my nose. I have it even when I go to physical therapy.
Post acute withdrawal can last two years or More. It also has emotional and physiological aspects that are very difficult to endure.
If you are only in a month you still can be the detox state. The Brain Transmitter take a while to balance back and it can affect the body. It took me at least 40 days to come down a bit. BUT I came off 3 drugs that hit 3 different transmitters.
Have you talk to a DR about all of this?? The blurred vision should be checked out and has far as the smell I have heard people say they smelled them self's as the poison came out of the skin. They called it a Swiss cheese smell. The burning I do not understand unless you snorted as I did. Anyway I wish you the best and go see the DR. OK?
Just an update, 81 days no vicodin. Still feel w/d symptoms once in a while, but still have the blurred vision. Now I am having an Arthroscopic knee surgery this Tuesday for scar tissue as a result from my previous surgery, so here we go again! I told them I don't want opiates of any kind! I hope I can handle it.