Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
Vicodin detox

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Vicodin detox

I don't know where to go from here...
I don't know what to do. I'm completely unmotivated. I feel like I need so much help right now and no one in my life to help me through it.

I tried searching for Vicodin today. It's the first time I've done it. It's hard to believe that it really gets easier...
Just worry about getting thru today.  We all have bad days in this battle and we have weak moments.  Just know that it will get better.  Depression is a big part of this and you are feeling down right now.  You will be so happy and proud of yourself if you get thru today without using.  Once you decide to quit, the pills can't give us that happiness anymore.  You will feel so guilty if you do take any.  
If you don't use today you are much closer to being happy again.
Stay strong.  You CAN do this.
I'm so alone also I'm so done but can't stop I don't know what to do. I'm a great guy have the world in my hands and yet I still can't stop wtf!!!!! I'm just ready to end it.
I'm completely with you on that one. I wish I had encouraging words for you right now but I'm at a loss...it's not genuine.
If you have the world in your hands, that's worth something. You will never know till you try. I hope things get better for you.
hang in there....i promise it DOES get better with each day clean....i know it's hard to see when you feel so bad, but just try and pretend it's the flu...you will feel better soon!  stay strong and stay in the fight....it's your life depending on it.  Keep posting for support.
Stay strong.  You CAN do this.
Just wanted to say hi and lend you my support. If you hang in there and choose not to use- it'll be so worth it, you'll see. I did read what you wrote about staying away from caffeine- I had to totally stop drinking it when I was quitting bc it just made everything worse. So good choice on that too! Try to do a little exercise here and there (even though I know you don't feel like it) and keep taking hot baths and showers as much as you have to (I lived in the tub when I was quitting). You're young- you have your whole life ahead of you. You'll reap so many rewards if you dig your heels in deep and just stop now. Good job!
I know it's hard to believe now but it does get better with time. If you need to go get some support like a inpatient or outpatient program, NA or AA, & counseling are things that helped me the most. Good luck to you. You can do it just stay strong.
Hang in there and keep reaching for support. Can you watch some stupid, funny movies? Or something awe-inspiring or emotion-evoking? I felt like that helped me. It helped give me some sense of perspective and remind me why I was quitting. I got into a new series or five on Netflix and just plowed through all the episodes.

It will get better-hang in there!
Hey iv been reading posts on here today about people wanting to end their life. Iv been there many of times wanting to end it all but I got though it because I wanted to get through it. Ending your life is not the answer. There are people out there with a terminal illness & would give anything to live so think about that before you think about ending your life. Life is valuable precious & people love you and will be heart broken. I don't know what your addicted to but what ever it is it can be beaten with courage, will power & determination. If you end your life you loose dont let addiction beat you your worth a whole lot more ;))
I would never end my own life. It was just how I felt at the moment. It sounded nice to not exist while i was feeling so terrible. I could never actually do it though because there's too many people I care for to leave. And I haven't even done 35% of what I was put here to do so there's no way I could leave before finishing. =)

Thanks for the encouraging words though.