Vicodin withdrawl help.
I have been taking 40-50mg (60mgs tops on a bad pain day) Vicodin daily for about a month now. I have around 10 left. I am used to taking about 6-8 5mg tablets a day. I have done this several times over the past year, the first few times I have stopped have been cold turkey and obviously that sucked.

This time I am tapering off very slowly for the past few day I have only took 2 in the morning and 2 in the afternoon (exactly what I am prescribed) unfortunately since I have been abusing them I don't have any medication left after the 10 nor any refills for a while.

My plan is now with 10 left, 1 in the morning 1 in the afternoon for 2 days, then down to 1/2 and 1/2 then to 1/4 and then 1/4 in the morning until gone.

I am not sure if my level of use or length of use will produce very strong withdrawals. but I unfortunately have to work every day and still deal with back pain and would like to minimize everything as much as possible.

Does this sound reasonable?
You went from 40-50mg hydrocodone to 20mg hydrocodone for the past few days. If you have not had any withdrawal symptoms on the 20mg/day then your taper plan should be just fine. You have a good chance that you might have some withdrawal symptoms because you are coming down very fast and vicodin is not a long acting drug. Do you have withdrawal symptoms in the evening or when you wake up after only taking 2 in the morning and 2 in the afternoon?

xoxo- D.
Mostly my body will ache and I am very tired first thing in the AM. I do feel relief from the 2 in the morning, I made the schedule only because thats all I had left and I don't want to try to "find" any. If I had more obviously I would taper much more gradually. I guess I will see how it goes, I felt very sick last time and took a day off work and slept all day with some NyQuil. Hoping I don't go that route this time.
No you really don't want to go that route again, thats miserable! You should, however, feel much better this time around since you are tapering.

xoxo- D.
Just a quick update, I was on my "Schedule" and woke up about 4AM which is great cause I slept almost all night (usually wake at 6AM) but I could NOT get back to sleep, I took a 1/2 vic and fell asleep around 5. got up a bit late but am doing good today, trying not to take any more at least until tonight, I have enough left for today and tomorrow.

Since I am down to just 2.5mgs each dosing (2 x day) will the WDs get worse once I am down to none?

last update here... I flushed my last day supply yesterday about noon and have been free since wednesday morning. I feel a lot better and the taper def. helped. thanks for all the kind words and amazing people on here!

Now comes cravings today... tomorrow... maybe the next day... LOL