Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
Vicodin withdrawl(withdrawal) in a newborn

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

I had a severe back injury in january and my doctor has prescribed vicodin to me off and on since.  I am pregnant, and due in a couple of weeks.  About how long does it take for the baby to withdraw from the vicodin use?  I would like to avoid withdrawl (withdrawal) after the baby is born.
Avatar n tn
that probably will be negligent.

I wouldn't worry about it.
I don't know what you mean by that
You're assuming the baby will be born in withdrawals?

I'm sure your OB knows what he/she is doing.

How much and how often do you take the vicodin? What strength?

Vicki
That is something you have to talk to your OBGYN about we cant answer that what did they tell you how much are you taking dalily .The meds did come from the OBGYN right ?