Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
Vitamins?

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Vitamins?

Okay so I had a slip up again last night.  But I think reality finally set in as to why I keep relapsing.  I can only blame myself for my addiction....but if i didnt have a steady supply 24/7 then Id have no choice but to quit.  I officially broke it off with my boyfriend whom gets me my pills. So after feeling like total crap yesterday, can someone tell me what vitamins may help my energy and sickness?  
Hi tif, try looking up the Thomas Recipe. I purchased a good multivitamin, magnesium, B6, B Complex (Stress), and C. I didn't use the xanax or l tyrosine. I started taking them immediately (I don't recommend on an empty stomach) and drank Ensure, Powerade, and water and ate bananas and saltine crackers.

The bananas will help if you get restless legs (I didn't but still ate them just to play it safe).

I've been watching your posts and I really feel that you can do this! You're not taking any more than I was and I'm now on Day 8 and feeling great! Please get the vitamins and get on your way to recovery! My husband gets pain pills and somas every month prescribed by his pain management dr (he's unlike us in that he only takes them when he needs them to play sports (like maybe 10 a month)) and I told him to never give me one again and I don't want to look at it. I also told him to keep them out of my line of vision because I be tempted. Doing that helped him to support me, so if you are around anyone that has them just be honest and let them know you're trying to better your life. Good luck you can definitely do this!
check out this thread about the first 3 days of missery [url]http://www.medhelp.org/posts/Addiction-Substance-Abuse/morphine-withdrawal-/show/1833526#post_8467232[/url]   there is also an "amino acid protocal" on the website
Hi tif.  Sorry to hear about your boyfriend.   I know for me that when my ex husband was getting his (and abusing them) it made it that much harder for me to quit knowing all I had to do was ask for "just one".   He kept me in my sickness as much as I did.  My b/f now gets some for his hip repladement surgery, so like Happy I have him keep them locked up to where I can't have access to them, and he wont give me any.  This is for my own protection.  I wont ask him anyhow.  That's how I got started in this mess in the past and I don't want to drag him into my problem.   Happy gives great advice...wishing you much success!
Good idea cutting off supply....not to be in you biz  but if I had a girlfriend I wouldn't be feeding her pills if i know they're addicting,

You will be out of the woods in a few days,,,keep posting ,,,,

On your side,,,,much support

Free~
Tiff, you're better off without him. What kind of jerk would feed his girlfriend's addiction?

Congratulations on taking a HUGE step on your road to recovery.
I'm gonna just come straight up and go ahead n tell u no vitamin is going to make u feel better. They can speed up the detox a little bit but as far as actually making you feel better there is nothing. TTHIS isn't me saying dont take them because I suggest taking them I know I did because they will help get your body back straightened out quicker and make the process a little faster. Hang in there it will get better because ya gotta look at it like this we didn't become addicts in a couple days so we can't expect to get better that fast either. It's a fight but a fight you can win. The best thing you can possible do is exercise as much as you can to get them "feel good hormones" going again because that's one of the worst parts of it all is opiates a flood of those hormones and the body just can't make them fast enough and exercise helps because while doing so your body naturally produces more of those hormones which will help you feel better faster

Good Luck and Godspeed
ABritt
Getting rid of your source was a must so am glad to hear you did that.  Now you need to get to the bottom of why you were using.  Have you thought about aftercare?  As for the vitamins...I started and still take Ester C B-6 and B-12.  It's been a good combo for me.
I am deff going to get these vitamins today.  No more relapsing !!!  I hope this helps me feel better....trick-or-treating is just tomorrow night.