Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
W/d

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

W/d

Need some ideas on going through withdrawls, I am ready to start. On my first day and I know that it is going to get worse. I have done this before, but the first time I was in jail and I had no choice. Are there anyone that has some ideas. I have a wonderful family and I want this desperately
Welcome...We all can sure try and help you...Can you tell us, what you are taking, how much and for how long?  
r2r
Well, to be honest, I played football in college and had a few surgeries in two years. That is how all this got started, but now I realize there is something deeper than that. I like opiates because they make me feel sociable and normal. I was strung out for 10 years and by the grace of GOD I got into trouble and got prison for 5 years. I actually, got sober for 2 years, but 4 months ago when I got realesed I started back. I take maybe 10 lortabs a day, if I can get them. If not I tried taking suboxone. I am down to about 4-5 lortabs a day now but when I try to just stop I psych myself out by telling myself that the withdrawl (withdrawal) is going to as bad as when I was taking 30 lortabs a day. I now it isn't as bad as I think but I still hurt, so I made a doctors appointment for this monday, but I dont' know what I need to ask him that will help me. I know that I need to get sxtensive counseling