Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
WHY DO OPIATES EFFECT PEOPLE DIFFERENTLY

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Why is it some people take opiate pain pills for the first time and feal WOW! this is the feeling Ive been searching for all my life you know happy, motivated, energized, feeling you can handle anything and others take them and feel lousy, tired, sick just cant tolerate them........I think from research I believe that this is because the addict had an existing chemical imbalance and the opiates made feel balanced is some manner.                                                  II wish I could find out what is causing this imbalance so I can recover and stay recovered I know that I don't want to live on narcotics even if I had an unlimited supply its an emotional roller coaster and that feeling in the morning you know that lousy feeling like your 100 yrs old until your pills kick in feeling that ***** I no longer make a.m. appointments because it takes me to long to get motivated I HATE THAT.                                                         Also  sex ***** its so hard to get off if you know what I mean that eventually you just have no interest what so ever, and what if you meet that special person THE ONE how do you explain your inability to function without your drugs how embarrassing! and if you continue to meet people who are just like you how will you ever break the cycle?
I totally understand how you feel. I agree about the chemical imbalance part. I believe it is important to see a therapist (or some sort of therapy) to adress these issues and questions you have. It is imperative in your recovery.
well for guys it was a plus, inregards to the $ex part when we are on opioids !! and it really $uxs when your going through WD's.......ITS just the opposite, for about a month till you get back to normal.

I do know some gals that did not care for them at all, saying they made them itchy and uncomfortable. yes, so some people they are not desirable.
Dear Gabby,
It's definitely a brain chemical thing.  I've been a depressive most of my life and feel completely different on opiates.  They do rob you of your libido.  I think if we were getting the proper amino acids then our brains would activate the pleasure center without narcotics but we're imbalnced.  Look on Wikipedia for the aminos to take and repair the brain.  There is alot of new research that we actually build up brain placque from many different sources including medications and sugar.
brightside7