Waismann Method
Well guys/girls I have made a decision (a week or so ago) to under go rapid detox, not any of the shady out patient clinic ones but the real deal Waismann Institute.  I'm leaving at the end of the month to head out to california, appointment is on March 29th.  23-27 pecs a day and 4-6 Oxys a day will do this too you.  I have a job that at 24 yrs old pays 70K, close to 80K with over time and the pay only goes up from here (Max out at 117K when i'm 28yr old).  I have been wasting this pay on buying what I need to get by, my script of 180 Perc 10s every 16days and 60 40mg Oxys hasn't even been enough....sad I know.  Anyways just wanted to up date those who have read my "Need Help badly" post...I will def. keep everyone posted on the days leading up to and the actually "surgery" should be rather interesting.  If anyone has any questions of what it is feel free to ask or check out my last post in that thread.  Later peoples.....
Oh my....there is no question now,you have to stop.Perhaps you can even cut down drastically while you are waiting for your detox.Test yourself and taper.You really really have to quit to save your job.
You are one tough cop...you can do it.
We were all afraid that it might come to this and your job would be at risk.
Just make it happen.You can do it.
You are being given an opportunity to save your job and you have to do it
Good luck and our prayers are with you.
It looks like your use is out in the open now..no hiding it.
Your best bet is to start quitting right now.
Perhaps if they know you are registered in a detox program they can not fire you
Consider this as an intervention and take advantage of it to quit.
Once you have gone through detox you will be an even better person and cop because you will understand others pain and suffering.
I am sooo rooting for you
Since you did not buy on the streets and have a real Rx perhaps they can not fire you..
Very sorry to hear about your work troubles.  Thankfully it looks like you won't lose the job you love.

Hopefully it will be the wake up call you need to see that your addiction runs a little deeper than mere physical dependence.

You've now also managed to implicate a non-addicted friend in your shenanigans.  I'm assuming the IA dept did not agree with your assertion that getting pills from someone you know and getting them off the street are not the same.

This latest job thing is but ONE of the predictions made above.  If you keep playing the game you will see many more come true.

Unlike what someone said, we are NOT playing you off of our fears, we are playing you off of our experiences and we are warning you of OUR realities.  Absolutely most of us have relapsed many times  DUH!!!!  Why do you think it makes us perfect to give advice to warn you of the troubles we see YOU heading for.

We do NOT want you to lose your livelihood.  Within several days you have lost your woman and come very close to losing your job.  We ARE all hoping it is the jolt of reality you need to get all the help you can including help once leaving the clinic.

It's very commendable that you've come back here to explain what happened to you, especially with all the stuff we've posted. It takes a big man to come here and take it on the chin and keep coming back for more and that is admirable.

We DO care about your outcome.  Hopefully now that your secret is out, you will be made accountable to stay clean.  

Hang in there Boskey, this CAN be done.
Wishing you a positive outcome and a long career,

bob

Just wanted to let you know that there are only 3 official "rapid detox places that are legit. One of them are right here in New Orleans,LA and it'd the Kaye method. I personally know the famous doctor. I know that before you do this, you have to be weaned down before if you are on a long life pain medicine. You usually have to go down on another lower pain pill to wean off. For example if your on methadome, suboxone, fentanyl, they give you lower dose and short half life pain pill for 3 weeks before the rapid detox under general anesthesia! YOU NEED TO KNOW....that right after you have this done you are still going to feel pretty bad b/c you body will still be craving the drug like crazy. Your going to feel like you have the flu for about a week after! The rapid detox just gets the pain drug out of your system, it doesn't stop the withdrawals that your body is craving. There is no way of getting out of that! Its just plain common sense. Unless they keep you under for a week, which is not possible of course! I thought before it gets rid of that. The rapid detox just gets rid of the drug in a matter of hours and can shorten the withdrawals. They are also supposed to keep you in ICU for a day and night. They give you something to help you sleep and, 800 motrin for withdrawal pain, immodium AD for the diarreah, Naltrexate to help with opiate cravings. When you get the rapid detox you have to be put on Naltrexate b/c it prevents from opiate cravings and will make you sick if you take any pain medicine and keeps you away from wanting a pain pill. I hope it goes okay! Just be prepared and make sure you ask a bunch of questions. Everything I said is true! Make sure their telling you the truth!!! Dr. Kaye has a website and I believe its like www.kayemethod.com Its something like that. You can just goole Dr. Alan Kaye. Good info on his site!
Hey Boskey...Sorry to read about this...I think it's a bump in the road though. You have two things in your favor: You recognized your problem BEFORE it caught up with you and you have a plan in place to straighten it out.  Plus,you were honest.
To me,it seems likely that the ofc. who gave you some pills is the one who went to the Sgt. You were asked that question and it was very specific...I guess you'll never really know,though.   Just curious...why did you have to be "released" to another ofc./Sgt.,your brother?  Is that policy?  Like being escorted out of the building?
Hang tough...this will pass and you WILL be okay...just takes time...
Vicki
I'm also sorry to hear about your situation. Like so many say, we usually have to hit our rock bottom in order to realize we have a problem. But, you noticed this even before all of this happened so you were ahead of the game. It's just unfortunate all of this caught up to you before you could start your detox. But like Bob said above, this just shows what abusing pills can do to us. I know you realized this beforehand and that's why you were in the process of getting help. I respect you for posting all of this. I think it will really help people here that just joined the forum to realize where addiction can take us and what it can do to our lives.
It sounds like your officer is going to help you through this. Most people realize that people get thrown in to addiction before they realize it. I know it was hard being honest with him especially about having to tell him that you took some pills from a coworker. But being honest will take you so far when trying to get clean. Secrets can swallow us whole when we are addicts. It sounds as if as long as you get your life back on track, your job will still be there for you. Prove to yourself and to them that you are doing everything possible to get past this part of your life. I know you were worried about going to NA meetings because you were afraid of seeing someone you know. But now you don't have to worry about that. Your department may even make you go to them. But instead of waiting to see, I would start going tomorrow. When there get a signed sheet saying you attended and take it to your officer in charge. I think the meetings would be huge because I'm sure people at your police department know that judges usually make NA meetings mandatory for people that get arrested. Because of this they might automatically assume that it is something you need to do. They might just think that without meetings, you are not serious about getting clean. I know this is not the case, but do they? You know what I mean? Just my opinion and hope you know where I'm coming from. Not that I'm placing you in a particular group but people who are not addicts just don't seem to understand anything about addiction. This will also help prove how serious you are about getting help. The more proactive you are in your recovery, the easier it will be to earn back the trust of your officer and fellow workers. This may have been exactly what you needed to get over this bump in the road. I wish it would have never happened this way especially because you were and are in the process of getting clean. I hate how addiction can just totally mess up everything around us at the drop of a dime. All we can do is learn from situations like this and do all we can to push through to the other side.
Don't dwell on all of this too much. I'm sure it's hard not too but stressing about it won't help. What will help is getting all the help you can get while you are not working. Maybe check in to a addiction therapist also. Anything that you can show to your department to prove to them that you want off these pills is going to help you so much. You now have all the time in the world to get the help you need to prove to them that you are stronger than these pills. And I know you are much stronger than this addiction.
Just hang in there buddy. It will all work out. If they were going to push the issue, they would have done it right away. It may not take much for them to push the issue and they are probably just waiting to see what route you take. We all know the route you are taking but we are fellow addicts and understand this more than what they do and believe in you. It's hard saying what they are thinking especially since they don't truly understand addiction. So in my opinion you should start the meetings, get a addiction therapist, and start bringing paperwork to your officer showing him that you are taking the steps right away to get through this. They will also respect and realize that you want to get and stay clean.
I have faith in you Boskey and know you were already taking the steps to get your life back. Now that it is out you may just have to take a few more steps. Just keep pushing forward and you will get through this just fine. We are here to help in any way possible. Once you get through the Waismann Method, I would check in to the amino acid protocol. It really does help.
So when do you head out to Cali to start the detox?
Take care,
Brian
wow, took me an hour to read this whole thread, but i just got back here after bein gone for about a year or more...I just want to wish you all the luck and the best and hope and pray for you that this method works for you...
Sorry to hear about the job, hopefully this will work out for the best...
anyway, will be praying that it works for you, keep posting, am interested in all success stories...fellow addict (mental & physical..)  Keep smiling!!
Jstn I would appriciate if you, from now on just read the thread and not post.  I'm sorry if this sounds rude but some of your feed back isn't needed for instance "You've now also managed to implicate a non-addicted friend in your shenanigans."  Do you think I wanted to do that?  Yeah you may know how addiction feels but do you know how it feels to have you gun taken away from you?  Do you know how it feels to have to be honest and tell IA about a friend who thought he was helping me with back pain?  Someone who wanted to see a script to make sure i had one, which i did.  Have your superior officer look me straight in my eye and say "BE 110% honest or else you will lose your job, what am I going to do now? Do I sit there and lie to him about everything?  You have never been in those shoes to comment on something in such a disrespectful and with such a "matter a fact" type comment.  That was the hardest part of the whole process...knowing that i may have gotten someone else in trouble, but what else was I to do?  Please from the get go you made another comment "naive to believe this is over after your spa."  Spa? far from it.  Sorry man you've posted 3 times and other have posted many more so you should be fine only reading from now on.  Theres just something about your posts that i find arrogant and rude, maybe its just me.

To everyone else thanx for your replies.  I dunno if its department policy or not, i mean the Lt. is another friend of the family, its a small town (84 officer department) and i have 2 older brothers and a older sister.  Most of the officers are from the town therefore went to school with at least one of my siblings , meaning he may have just been looking out for me and wanting to explain what was going on to my brother.  

I am set to leave a week earlier then I was already scheduled to go.  I called up the following morning as advised them of what happened at work and they moved the date up.  Procedure starts on the 21st leaving on the 20th.  I actually spoke with Dr. Bernstein on the phone (the medical assistance gave me her person cell phone for any question i had 24/7...everyones been very thoughtful and easy to talk to) and asked him about the implant.  He told me the reason why they don't use that is because it isn't FDA approved and they only go by the book.  

As far as my Lt. knowing about me starting the process he saw that i had put in for the time off and i advised him why I put in for the time during the interview so he saw I was making plans before everything hit the fan.  I will know a hell of a lot more as this work week is upon us.
I am so sorry this has happened.

I am sorry folks have been rude to you about what your trying to do..I think you are awesome....your service to our communities is greatly appreciated.and everyone knows you never mean't for your friend and fellow officer to get in trouble..I know you are going to go get cleaned up, recover well and become an even better cop and man.  You have the power to do great things...do not let the present ruin your future..no matter what happens, job or not, gf or not...you have to do this for you..so you can be a better you...I hope you never relapses and you get what you are looking for..I hope you don't have to come back here...
Hey Boskey ..

I am sorry about your work. Its a tough one .. I hope the Lt. is the type of man who gives people a chance..

Best of luck ... you will be detoxed soon and on the road to recovery. Keep us posted..

o my god u have no idea how much i feel for u more than probably anyone else on here could ever imagine oh my god i truly am so so so sorry for u i kno how u must be feeling my jaw literally dropped to the floor an i was just so terriably taken back reading what had happaned to u an i really am here for u brother if u need ANYTHING plz let me kno i wana let u kno that i hope that it works out for u sht this suxs dam i hate these fkn pills. so did they tell u if there was gona be a hearing or anythn to let i kno whats going on. and did u say there gona handle it in hopuse rite? how long have u been on the job for? man i truly am so sorry an i dont pray as often as i should but i will DEF say a prayer for u tonite buddy an i wish u all the best of luck now get clean an work on getn ur on ur two feet an hopefully be back at the job u clearly luv to do. man an im dead serious anythng u need at all DO NOT hesitate no bs just ask. u can pm me or anythng u need
Hey Bosky - check your messages.  I have been in your shoes.  Your thread has caused quite the controversy - there is no easy way around it - whether you go through rapid or just plain old withdrawal - they both have pros and cons.  
Boskey....of course you are hurting ,but don't let anyone discourage you.Keep posting.We are ALL anxious for you and want so badly for you to succeed.
My stomach dropped when I read your post because I so did not want that to happen.
You will keep your job and be the better person because of your experience.
Did you mention that you were stabbed in the line of duty(or did I imagine that)
You are a good person and will overcome this hurdle.
I was watching some of the paralympics on TV and look at those people overcoming their injuries and difficulties
You can do it Boskey and we are all cheering you on
Friv21 - There hasn't been one person in this forum or on this thread that has been "rude" to him. What everyone has been trying to do is help him. Help him to understand that his addiction may not be exactly what he thinks it is. No one can tell him things for certain. What everyone said was based on their own personal experiences and their knowledge of addiction. They were warning him, giving him advice. Not being rude. Its because we all care. If we didn't care, no one would have even read this thread. You seem to be really rude. If you don't like the people here so much and you think we are all rude, my question is...why are you still here? Lol. I mean, you are telling him that you hope he doesn't have to come back here??? Why on earth would he not come back? We all care and will be worried about him. I am sure many people here want to know how things work out for him. This forum also works as aftercare. He absolutely should come back here. You seem to just be agreeing with anything he says. If you want to talk about all the people in this forum, then send him messages privately.

Brosky, I hope you can understand that the only reason we all said what we did was to help you. I am so sorry you are dealing with this in work. I don't know what I would do. My addiction was recently outed. Well, about 9 months ago. It was horrible. But, I got through it and am doing great. You will be fine. I didn't want to make you any more upset the other day when I was posting on this thread, but I also heard (heard being the operative word) that after you are finished with this method, your body still goes through w.d. If you read up about w.d, and people's experiences, you will read that mostly everyone will say the worst of w.d usually occurs around the 3-4th day mark. This is because at this point, the opiates have completely left the body. So the brain is trying to find anything to make the body feel better and there is nothing left. That's when it gets bad, but also is a turning point because the physical w.d will start to subside with each passing day.

Once they get the opiates out, there isn't anything they can do about the mental part. So good luck. We ARE here for you and we DO CARE about you. This will all pass...work, w.d...everything and it will be up to you to never go back down this road. Trust me, the other side is wonderful and once you get there things will get better and better. Good luck.
Dunno if i really made it known how thankful i am to everyone here who has posted in this thread and has shown their concern.  Not counting today i'm 4 days away from going to the airport and 5 more days from going into the hospital.  Getting closer and closer....can't wait!
Consider this as a positive experience in the book of life.Learn as much as you can from it and bring those positive and negative experiences to your new life away from drugs.
You will love yourself better and so will everyone else for you will radiate the good energy.
Perhaps you could fill your free time learning new skills,eg cooking courses,photography,team sports,etc.
There are many good things you can do when you get back and on your feet again.
You could be a big brother and help less fortunate people.Helping others takes the mind off our own problems and helps us heal.
I hope you are not bingeing this week,but showing yourself some self control
Start preparing yourself for your new adventure with lots of viramins and nutrients.,
Oops...meant vitamins
what a great thread this has been.  it reminded of the old days, with witchy woman, hippy, et al.  

good luck to you.  you've received some really good input from others here. i had to learn to consider everyone's experience without feeling defensive and without justifying myself.  one of the most important things i learned in recovery was to say "thank you" when I wanted to say "f--k you," especially when it seemed i was more than justified in saying the latter.  

the most amazing thing i read was about you getting popped at work.  i'm sure that seemed like the worst kind of luck at the moment, and probably doesn't seem great now, but it sounded like divine intervention to me.  it's really a fantastic thing for your odds of reaching sustained recovery.  it's our secrets that keep us sick and, as was aptly noted, you're secret's out now.  

the best advice i received about getting clean was that meetings would be essential to my recovery.  "they" told me to go to ninety meetings in ninety days, to get a sponsor and to work the Steps.  i didn't think i really "needed to go that far" after my first rehab, but i was finally open to the idea in and after my second rehab.  turns out that "they" were right

i haven't been a drinker for a long time, and all of my recent problems were with opiates and cocaine, but all of my meetings are AA -- in my mind, and to most people i know in recovery, it's all the same disease.  I can see where going to NA might be a problem for someone in your profession, but not so for AA.  

try to be Honest, Open and Willing . . . that's HOW we find and stay in recovery.

CATUF
1743
Look..If its going to work, go for it..There is no reason why you should suffer..The truth is the suffering of withdrawal doesnt stop most people from relapsing. If I had the money, I would do it too..But alas, I don't have all the money coming in that you so graciously pointed out to us several times specifically, lol..Who cares if its an "easy way out" ? We are people that like prefer the "easy way" thats why we are all addicted to instant gratification, and there isnt a damn thing wrong with that..Its acting on the impulse that gets us in trouble. You can do it and it will work. :)
Claudia~~He's been gone for four days now.

V.
According to my math, Boskey goes into the clinic tomorrow.. I wish him the best.

We all come from different backgrounds and live different lives. Money and talking about money can upset some people, I try to avoid the subject because of that. I know that it a problem of there own, but realize that we all have problems.. some which are important to others are not important to us, but they are still real.

Anyway.. I am looking forward to hearing form Boskey... Clean and sober .. with a fresh new look at life..  

Best of luck
I hope it works well for you. please consider getting aftercare with a support group like aa or na. itd be a shame to waste so much money and not address all the issues. good luck
Well guys, I had the procedure on tuesday at like 730am or around about there.  Lets just say I didn't remember much of Dr. Lowenstein talking to me before the procedure, just remember him asking about a town 45mins away from where I live then lights out.  Ok from the beginning.

Arrived in Santa Ana on Saturday and did all the normal stuff sat/sun.  Got picked up from the hotel and taken to the hospital at 830am on monday morning.  At the hospital I had my last dose of percs and then they were taken away from me at which time I was put on a morphine drip to stay comfortable/stave off withdrawal.  This worked 100% no w/d symptoms and the nurses were unbelievable, at your every whim no matter what your needed (hopefully names isn't a big deal but Christie and Lisa were the greatest, most caring people I ever met).  I met with Dr. Lowenstein before around 8pm and he spoke with me about the procedure  and any questions i had of him.  It was kinda star stuck being that I have seen so many videos of these ppl.  Kinda wanna go back and watch the videos now that i got a better understanding of the process.

I was then taken off the morphine drip at 4am on tuesday and was taken to the ICU (There was another patient that was doing this all with me however bc of patient rights i never met him until our first night at domus).  A drug (cant think of the name) was administered to block the central nervous system which stops w/ds.  At approx. 730am I was awoken by Dr. Lowensteins voice and he began to administer the Anastasia thru iv.  Next thing i remember I woke up with nurse Tim who would be by my bedside for the remaindered of stay in the ICU, approx. 20hrs.  These 20 Hrs were the worst, in and out of sleep and being bother by the nurse trying to take your blood pressure every hr.  I know this was necessary but just seemed annoying.  The worse w/d during this day was just having trouble sleeping and sneezing.  No aches, no pains, no vomiting, no nausea, nothing of that short.

I was then transferred outta the ICU at approx. 4am on wed.  I was told this would be the worst day, having it described as having your body being hit my a mack truck however i was also told that it could very well be a find day.  All day long i was just anxious to get the iv's outta my arm and go relax at domus, a light headache was the only thing I had against me all day and its gone now.  I haven't taken a percocet in 3 going on 4 days and haven't even thought about one.  This has been one of the best experiences of my life and would recommend it to anyone.

Walking out of my hospital room i was met with another member of domus (shawn) who has went thru even worse and another guy (kim) whos road to recovery all went thru waisman.  All have talked to me about their problems and all are free from their addiction.  Shawn actually took the spot of that guy Corey something or over dosed a few weeks ago.  And domus retreat, whole ****...they have everything at your finger tips.

To end this, until now I haven't thought about a Percocet in 3/4 days and i could never say that before in the last year and the only w/d was the slight headache which is gone and sneezing which i'll take any day of the week.  Any questions feel free i know there has to be some.
Hey Kiddo~~Big hugs to you!!  So glad you posted!!  It sounds like everything went really well for you so far...
So,how do you feel generally?  Tired? Fuzzy? Alert? Good appetite? Strong?
Just really curious and,of course,care about you. Sounds like you'd do it all again...
although you won't ever have to!!

I have to tell you: I admire you for sharing all of this part of your life. It may help many others in the future as they get on the forum and read old posts. But...have you been helped by posting on the forum?  I hope so!  You have friends here...

Keep posting as time goes on,okay?  It's early in your process and I'm sure there'll be much to talk about. In the meantime,it sounds like you're in capable hands.

Love~ Vicki
How good to hear from you.Now you have a nice clean fresh start.Are you at home now?
Have you got aftercare planned?
I am so glad you came back to let us know how you are doing.
I've been wondering about you!!  Glad to hear everything went well, I thought that would be so.  Im so glad you had good dr. and nurses to help you through this.  I hope this has been a great experience for you, and that you will continue to improve over the next days, weeks, etc...I missed you!  
Please keep us posted.  Im curious as to how you are feeling also.  I hope great!!
Congratulations Boskey!!  Glad to have you back :)
Hey~ Are you up and about?  
Would love to hear more about how you're doing...

Vicki  xo
This is going to be a very person post, its an email i sent to my girlfriend back at home, however I feel like some of you are a distant family so i'm just going to copy n paste.  Feel free to skim thru it bc it is long but describes a lot.  Any questions feel free but let me start off buy saying 5 days going on 6 without opiates and I feel better then ever.  I hope this read isn't too emotional but its from the heart.

Hey baby just wanted to send you a message to say that I have been thinking about you a lot, not just today but the past 5 days.  Figured it was time to make you my friend on facebook just for the simple fact that you are sooo much more then a friend...your my best friend, my one and my only.  I had so many emotions run through my mind today about you, me and the future and us being in that future.  The past few months I have been so selfish with my dependency with the opiates, its really all I cared about and I realize it put a strain on every relationship that i have had in my life, ours especially.  However I feel like this is my opportunity to correct all the wrongs that i have done with you and us in general.  I need you to do me a favor....go to this link before you read on, it a song that made me think of you today and of us in general...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30dSB2HSlRw

Anyways baby i'm doing good, 5 days without anything and i seriously feel rejuvenated, if you put a percocet in front of me right now I would smash it with a hammer and walk away from it.  It just feels so good to be the me that i really am.  Everyone here from the other guys (Shawn aka Mooch) is a California kid who works for the government (40yoa) coming off of 20 80mg Oxys, and the Fentinal patch that he would put in his mouth and suck on it every 4 hrs, hes been on anything else you can think of for over 9 years as well.  He just has a bright optimistic positive outlook on everything.  He did a bedside detox, the exact opposite from what I did and I can even tell you how strong he had to be to do that, more credit to him.  I love that he doesn't look at me any different because of the course he took and the one i took, i hear that stories of him in his bed in the hospital projectile vomiting, ripping out his IVs and even seeing things that weren't there and i just see him as such a strong person.  I am learning a lot from him, hes like my big bro out here.

Ken is the 21 yr old who had a little problems just being down and not feeling good after the procedure, hes coming off of methadone, morphine and anything else you can think off since he was 14.  A hell of a smart kid, he could seriously be a Dr. or Chemist if he wanted to, he has the wrold ahead of him if he takes everything seriously, i have a little doubt that hes going to make it after he goes home but he'll def have a support group in myself, shawn and kim.

Kim is around 50 yrs old coming off of 10 80mg oxycotin a day for the past 9years.  He has the rapid detox like me, felt like **** the first day or 2 but is getting better as the days go by.  Hes the father figure of the ground but still young at heart.

Its just so amazing that every walk of life can get addicted or dependent to opiates and its they look at it out here as more of a disease that is curable with medicine, and i'll tell you what i'm believing it every single day.  I wake up at 8am not reaching for anything but instead jumping out of the bed to the day ahead of me, I love it, I'm myself again.  No thoughts or craving for the drug at all, AT ALL.  My mind is top notice as well.  All my endorphins that were suppressed are starting to come back slowly but surly.

Talked to a therapist to he brought out some emotions that I didn't know that i had, from the death of my dad 2 years ago.  To my grandfather, aunt and uncle all in the past 8 months.  It was good to talk about things with him.  I know its not the same as seeing him face to face but i have 6 phone sessions with him over the course of the next 6 weeks, first scheduled for Thusday, think thats going to help.  He sees that I have a strong support ground around me at home, and even thinks that i would be fit for duty, he doesn't think I have a mental addiction but only the nervousness that if i didn't take the opiate i would withdrawal.  

Anyways I miss you so much and wish I could talk to you, see you, kiss you and hold you.  I love you baby...I will see you sooner then you think, monday isn't far away.  Listen to that song again....Love always and forever....
Thanks for sharing that~  
You sound strong,happy,optomistic.
I love that you share so much.
You are a gentle man.

Love ya~
Vicki
So happy for you that you are doing so well! Thanks for sharing. I hope things continue to improve and go well for you.
well I guess my posting is done.  Thought I would get more replies but maybe ppl don't like success stories, even if its only been 6 days.   For those who still want updates, i leave to go home from domus (www.domusretreat.com) tomorrow and leave California on Monday.  Again I am feeling great...any questions feel free to ask, about the procedure, aftercare, metal status, w/d symptoms (besides a headache here or there, theres none) anything ask away.  
Hey~
Any reply from your girlfriend?
What's happening with work?
Are you set up for aftercare in NJ?

I think you'll get more replies...the post just got pushed down and probably wasn't seen by many...but keep posting. Pharma will want to see this...

Vicki  xo
hey dude glad to here your doing so well its great to here a success story ...right now your getting what many get from detoxing we affectionately refer to it as the "pink cloud"
effect ...everthing is great around you your at a spa your recovering in comfortable setting this will last for a wile but the real test will be when your back to your high stress life back home thats when the stressors of real life can become triggers thats why we stress aftercare....its great you will have therapy for 6 weeks you will find it helpful
I see an addiction specialist one a week ....have been over a yr now and let me tell you it helps to have someone to vent on once a week thats been there...dont expect your love ones to understand everything you have been thew....you can explain it a 1000 times to someone thats not an addict and they just dont get it...they dont have to but you do...I truly hope that God blesses you with a successful recovery just keep your guard up for the next 90 days or so its critical you pay close attention
to how your feeling and how your thinking ...your about to go thew a lot of changes there going to be the patching up of relations both at home and at work....dont under estimate the stressor in your life right now...just take it one day at a time...you will be fine just as long as you learn to recognize when your aproching your limits ...
no one wants to see anyone of us relapse but it happens when you let your guard down....your a cop keeping your guard up should be second nature for you
just be mindful of what has been said to you in this forum and you will be successful..good luck and God bless Gnarly        
Hey Boskey..

Its awesome that your past that..  You have the rest of your life ahead of you to enjoy..

I had a pink cloud after detox, it was awesome.. I am looking forward to another.. You may not be having one.. everyone is different...  

Just be careful and on guard..  I think your going to be fine..
Thank you for posting that wonderful post.Ihave been busy working and looking after my elderly mother in a nursing home and have not kept up with all the posts and don't know how I missed yours Boskey.I am always looking for yours and am glad to see that everything is going to plan.
Keep up the good work and you have made me happy to know that you are tackling this in a good way and learning so much from your experience.
Please do not think we are not interested for we are very interested in you and wish the best for you.
Please keep up the good work and fight the good fight for you are so worth it.
Sendin all my love with a smile...
Hello...It is great to hear that things are going well and you seem to be doing good. Good Luck with everything and I wish you the very best!!! You seem like such a great influence on many people and you are handling this situation very well. God Bless and continue to be strong. With Love...
Hey, thanks for sharing your experience. I hope you keep posting and keep us updated with your progress. Best of luck with everything! I wish you well.
Just updating.  Well had the procedure on March 23rd and its now (Just about to be) April 5th which would make 2 weeks clean.  I know that doesn't sound like a lot but I am just feeling so full of energy and full of life since I have came back, I love it.  I also got hit w/ a suspension at work the day after i got home.  I think it was good that a big stressor came to me so quickly and I handled it the best I could and did not turn to anything else but family, friends and getting back in the gym.  Anyways once again feeling great, btw seeing my work therapist who thinks it was "purely a physical dependency", second Dr. to tell me that.  Like I said i'm feeling great and like my old self again.
Hey you certainly got alot of responses. Glad to hear your treatment was a success. My response is like your first reeaction, scary.  But being addicted is a serious affliction. You may be tired of discussing this thing but if you could describe to me in detail from day one I would be interested in hearing the story. If you want to post ot send me a private message either one is ok, that is if you want to.  As a addict myself and a health care provider myself I am clinically interested. Thanks

Red
hey bud good to hear ur still going strong an ur stressor dnt lead u to use cuz we all no thiose r usually big x's whn alota use us. well u dnt an thts great... i just had a few Q'S ABOUT UR WORJ SITUATION IF U WOULDNT MIND ME ASKN AN BEFORE U LEFT U SAID THT THEY TOOK UR BADGE AN GUN AWAY AN DNT REALLY TELL U WHT WAS GONA HAPPAN, SO BASICALLY IM CURIOUS AS TO WHT HAPPANED OR WHATS GONA HAPPAN IF U WOULDNT MIND ANSWERN
I am so glad that you are healing well and coping with problems in a good way.
You have a therapist and some aftercare planned and things will go well
Keep us informed.
Hi Boskey,

How are you doing?  I am new to this forum and have read this thread with great interest.  I would love to hear more about your experience.  (I will send you a private note if I can figure out how to do it!)  Are you still feeling good?  I am sorry that you were suspended but it sounds like you were able to handle it.  I can only imagine what a blow that was but at least it was not a termination and you will have the opportunity to get back out there.  Anyway - congrats and best wishes.

Peanut  
Dear Boskey face, I just went through and had a wonderfull experience ( as wonderfull as detox can be)...lol...I hope you are doing good and have solve the issue with your job and girlfriend. I want you to know that while doing my research your words gave me the strenght I needed. So thank you for your positive words...You have helped save at leaat 1 life her.

Thank you and God Bless you.
i did the Waismann Method almost four years ago. They did exactly as advertised..Although i do agree aftercare/follow up programs are really important, i think to dismiss the rapiddetox method because they dont always offer that is like putting the cart before the horse. There is no aftercare if youre still using!  Waismann give you the chance to do something with your life, they cannot live it for you. Also for myself and probebly many others, having an addictive personality isnt always a component of opiod dependency. In the last several years i anly used to offset the wds. i can only assume others just wanted to be free of the physical need, not the mental craving. once i was clean i never looked back, although i really had the support of my wife. By all means i recommend support programs, counselling etc but getting clean is imperitive before staying clean.  I have my life back now and hope anyone else cursed by the misery of dependence get the same oppotunity i was given..good luck to all!
How did it go? Did you do the Waismann Method?
What are the cheaper ones you found? I can't do 21k. I don't want to get addicted to subutex and I am tired of my meds as they don't work well anymore. I want to be free of these chains.
Hi TinV
If you start a new post you'll get more feedback..go up to top page yellow button Post Question. This is an old post and takes awhile to scroll down to your question. I don't have the answer regarding rapid detox..just want to let you know it can be done without that. You could try tapering..? or even c/t. There are supplements, vitamins, etc that will help with w/d. Check out Thomas's Recipe and Amino Acid Protocol. If you have a dr. you can talk to about getting clonidine for BP..I hear that helps with 80% of the symptoms of w/d. I came here and heard about Rapid Detox and thought hey, that's for me but after reading more about it and reading how others were doing it..One day at a time. I was determined to try. I am now 54 days clean of oxycodone (4 yr. use) and it is totally doable. The fear of w/d is worse than the reality.
I hope you stick around..there is lots of support and information here.
dear tiredinva,
please research some of these other places, not all detox under anesthesia facilities are the same..I know the Waismann method is the best in this field, but when i hear some of the stories here i kinda doubt many other places have the level of expertise they have..Many people have great news about cold turkey, but if its not an option for you i seriously suggest doing exhaustive research..This kind of procedure may not be where you want to cut corners financially..I wish you all the best with whatever you decide, nobody deserves the hell this dependency puts us through..good luck!
Ur on the right path! Not everyone has to hit bottom to turn there life around... That being said, I did however have the mindset u do at one point.. I can remember thinking, "ugh, if I could get thru withdrawal, I'd never do this to myself again!!".. But I was only kidding myself (although I truly believed it at the time)... I was forced to NA meeting & can now see the point everyone was trying to make to me.. Yes u r truly physically dependent as we all were.. Once the physical dependency happens, we use to stop the withdrawal.. I dot think many hard addicts "want" to use.. Addiction makes us great manipulators, especially to ourselves! Ur addiction will tell u anything/excuse you want to hear!! Please believe me that I thought the same way!!!! After jails, rehabs, halfway house, more jails, I played the game only to get out & feel depressed, hopeless, NO energy to do anything!!! Even shower daily!!!! Then my addiction crept up even more & I figured, I'm not physically addicted so I'll just get high to have energy for the day.. That "day" turned into weeks, months & back in the same boat I was eventually... It may have took longer bc I learned to play the game better.. But now after 4 years of clean time, I know I will always be an addict!!! I can get addicted to anything!!! It's turning that neg addiction into a positive one!! And as much as we all LOVE to talk, it's amazing what ull hear when u have an open mind!!! I always thought NA meetings were corney but everyone there truly cares about the newbie coming in!!! It's amazing how we all basically have the same story! I just want u to realize this is not a cure! I would bypass withdrawal too if I could, but unfortunately this us only the beginning if a long road!! God bless!!!

One more thing, search "dry drunk syndrome" (bc alcoholics ARE addicts so just think of it for pills) without changing other aspects of ur life, u may remain in a rut...
You are responding to a post from Oct, 2011. Click post a question at the top of this forum, start your own thread. Thanks for the help, look forward to getting to know you. This is an
OLD THREAD-------------------old thread---------------2011 post!!!------