Want to get off Ambien and Xanax SAFELY
I haven't slept well for years,,,just found out I have FIBROMYALGIA (nerve damage caused from rods which extend from my neck to my tailbone (24 years)) - now I can deal with it! I've been on Ambien 10mg since October 2011 and Xanax .25mg morning and night(except when I was in the hospital with chest pains (healthy heart just the FMS) they gave me like 1mg 4x a day). I cut the Xanax in half for the past two nights with no ill effects so far.  I want to be able to only take them if I have an attack again.  The Ambien doesn't work at all (and gives me HORRIBLE dreams) so I want to stop it completely as well. I want to try Melatonin, but am worried about taking it with the Ambien until I can stop the Ambien completely!  The only other pills I take on a regular basis (except vitamins) are my BP pill and Prilosec 40mg for acid reflux...and SUDAFEDRINE for constant allergies - worse at night when the windows are closed!!

PS. All this (except my rods) has started in the last year that I've lost 80 pounds...I thought that should be GOOD for me!!