Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
Weaning off lortab 7.5

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Weaning off lortab 7.5

I have been takeing lortab 7.5 for about 3 1/2 years. Im tired of takeibg them. They do not help me at all. I know that I need a higher  dose but I do not want that cause I dont want to live that way. Im down to about 2 or maybe 3 left but to soon to refill to taper off slowly. Im soooo scared to wean off, can anyone give me some advice?
hi and welcome.
you only have 2 or 3 pills left now? how many a day have you been taking?
if you cant get a script now to taper than just stop when these few are gone.
you will be sick with acute physcial withdrawal for about 5- 7 days. you will have aches and pains,stomach issues. restless,.  i would definitely recommend counseling and support groups.
most people cant do a taper. if you always run out before your script is ready to refill you most likely cant do the taper route.
how are you feeling now?
sending prayers to strengthen you
debbie