Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
Welcome everyone...and welcome back everyone...lol

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Morning folks, How is everyone feeling? Well I hope...Frist off, welcome to all new people!! Its great to see some new folks around here...Im sorry I havent been around much to get to know all of you...or some of you, Keep posting and I am grateful you are here!!

Well, I noticed a few touchy subjects on the board...It isnt always what we say, or how we say things, it could be just a persecptive that is different between people....Lets not take too much into what we read...and allow ourselves that freedom of being who we are on the board!!

Im on day 5...I think....Im missing a few posts...so I dont know how everyone is..and I would like to know...So how is everyone? Beating the cravings is hard...I need a bottle of vodka or something....lol....take a shot when I am going nuts...I feel nuts sometimes...

You know, something I have noticed alot with these pills, is Im moodier than ever!! It doesnt take much for me to feel like Im losing it!! Sometimes nothing happens I just lose it......I feel it creeping up ever so slightley and then wham, Im angry...Im having more issues with the angry feelings....I dont like them, they pass..but just to be there to fill my mind is frustrtating..I think thats where alot of my frustration comes from.....its hard to learn to let things go, even the small things...

Well...I must have said enough!! I hope you all check in...even new folks!! I dont know how I am today, I got up so early...have had a bath, and such already...its lol only 8:30....lol
Tags: Addiction
im the biggest hot head you will ever meet.i have no fear of anything.dont feel bad about it its part of you,ive been to anger mangement.i know how hard it is to maintain that kind of anger i dont do well at it myself and it gets me in truoble at times but thats a part of life and theres nothing we can do about it.if you have away of controling let me know..
Ironically enough!! I used to be a very angry person...Very angry..I grew up with a scoul on my face....not that pretty...and then at some point

My thoughts changed...and for the better...

I dont know what I do with my anger other than let it pass..Im a huge person for laughing and believe it is a cure for many......it has been for me...so I have a tendacy of making light of situations....and the anger passes..or I make jokes to make myself laugh, and let the anger pass....and it does...

I am not near as angry as I was....I think thats been years of control...for me its all in my head, and what I chose to do with it...All I know is it takes more energy to feel angry thatn it is....to just laugh it away!! So thats what I do....even now....I get angry I just dont act on it...and try to make light.....or do it with a graceful smile...

I have LOST it on a person in years...however I could use another punching bag......that helps too...and the treadmill..I work out when im mad, if my body allows it that is..
Hey you....you are right, this forum is a place where we do need to be free to be who we are....What can I say...I lost my cool...it happens but today is a new day!

Anger and frustration is a big thing for many of us here...how we deal with it is key...Maybe I need anger management classes??????

Are you creating today or is it rough with the kids in the house?  I think you are handling your situation with a lot of grace!!! You should give yourself a lot of credit!

I'll keep you in my prayers today...Gotta go...I have to coach my 8 yr olds indoor soccer game...but I will be back to check in!
Peace,
*Dances around with all my grace*...
Hehee...

Na, these kids arent too bad.....A little messy here and there...but really...they arent bad kids....so I been doing alot of creating today! and Yesterday!!

Its alright to lose it......I do .....it happens, we are human and wow...we have a double whammy, for years we stuffed with those demons..and now, we have all these emotions we have no idea which end is up sometimes!! But as long as we hang in there.....and have a place to allow us to feel all of that...WE are better off then most.....

Have fun with soccer, I wish I had the energy to get on the treadmill today, I just dont have it  in me...so tomorrow is a new day!! I should at least lift weights but lol we'll see lol ..about that later lol

goodmorning over there.

I agree with one thing mood swings are a side effect to taking pills....

I started my second job last week, two jobs and going to school twice a week WOW my body slept Sat on and off all day.

Doing this straight is tough........
Good to hear that you are ahving a good day so far. And that's totally what we need to do- take things a minute at a time and believe we can have great days without our little "friends." I am starting my taper and will keep you posted. Oh and I go through extreme emotional changes when I am detoxing. Just tell yourself that it too will pass and you will be able to feel real joy again as well. Hang in there- you are doing great!