Wellbutrin for withdrawal?
Has anyone used this for opiate withdrawal? I've talked to two people who swear by it. I've also talked to some who said it was addictive and they suffered withdrawals.

Think carefully when you answer; if you think it was wellbutrin withdrawal, are you SURE that you weren't suffering from secondary withdrawal symptom from opiate use (they can last up to a year) and not the wellbutrin causing this? If you took it for a few months after stopping, it is possible.

Anyone?
Hi, I googled Wellbutrin and withdrawal and got info--yes, there is the usual 'discontinue syndrome' (i.e.,withdrawal)  warning as with all anti-depressants--google and check it out,best of luck.
Hello and welcome.....

What is Wellbutrin?
Wellbutrin is an antidepressant medication.

Wellbutrin is used to treat major depressive disorder and seasonal affective disorder. At least one brand of bupropion (Zyban) is used to help people stop smoking by reducing cravings and other withdrawal effects.

Wellbutrin may also be used for purposes other than those listed in this medication guide.

The one thing not mentioned a lot about his med is the one common side effect......
It sometimes causes Seizures.........

I used Wellbutrin once. It was pretty much the only antidepressant that doesn't have sexual side effects. It's also marketed as Zyban for smoking cessation. I dunno about using it for withdrawals, but I can tell you this...it can cause some major anxiety the first week or so of using it. I didn't know what anxiety was until I started it. I found out that MANY people have anxiety issues within the first week of starting Wellbutrin. So, i don't know if it would be the best thing to start while going through withdrawals. OK..my typing  "finger" is getting tired. If you have any more questions..I'll try to peck out a response..
i was given wellbutrin once after detoxing for the depression I was having (which naturally comes with getting off pills). I personally didn't like the way it felt. it really really made me feel out of it and stupid. I've never heard of it helping with opiate withdrawal, but I have heard of it helping people stop smoking.
I took it a few months back,to help with smoking. All my wife could tell me,
was stop taking that junk,since it was making me suicidal. Some people
can have this reaction to anti-depressants. There is also a long list of
meds that have serious interactions with Well.