Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
What are "Blues"?

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

What are "Blues"?

I believe my sister is addicted to blues, she used to be addicted to xanex after a nasty marrige now she is with a new guy who i believe is giving her these blues i dont know what they are, i confronted her about doing something and she denied it saying she would never lie to me and one night i heard her and her bf fighting and they mentioned blues. she has been very isolated from me her family and her friends, shes always with him sometimes acts weird and is losing weight again, she lost weight when she was on xanex. Can someone help and tell me what these are? What should I do? I have proof i saw texts on her phone about getting blues. Thanks Everyone in advance!

*Elvis Girl
blue are roxy's they are the same as oxy's but without the time release on them.  they are super dangerous.  i was addicted to them, been clean a couple weeks now.   i truly hope your sister does not go down that road.
Pretty sure blues mean roxicets a pill prescribed for pain. I havent heard that term used but roxi's are blue pills so i cant think of anything else it could be. As far as helping her try to read up painkiller addiction to try to get some idea of what she's going through, but unfortunately if you arent an addict you wont fully understand wat we go through.  Best of luck to you. Try looking up some alonon info thats a good place to start im sure someone will be able to answer more questions for you.
yes they are def. roxi's roxycotten roxicodone roxicet all the same thing...it is an oxycotton without the time release.  
are ya sure? theres lots of drugs that are blue...yes roxi's are i guess, but so are certain hydrocodones- the 10 mg kind are big blue,  and so are some xanax.  My 1 mg xanax is blue.

Yes, troubleinohio is correct. There are several pills that are blue in color.  
Our function here isn't to identify pills. You can go on line here and google PDR which can identify every pill.  Enter the color,size,shape and whatever numbers or letters are printed on the pill. There should also be the manufacturers name printed on one side.
When you find the type of pill it is, you can get all the info that you need and proceed from there.

Good luck!
Vicki
Where I live "blues" are 30mg oxycodones/roxicets
100% sure "blues" is the term used for xanax bars around here, my friend likes them, I'm in north central PA.

Dave
Hello and welcome to the forum.. from your description of your sisters past with the xanax and what is happening now.. she is once again in active addiction.. if it roxies xanax valuim whatever it is still a addiction.. You have the choice of going to your family and telling them what you know and she then can be confronted.. many women fall in with addicts and in turn become addicts themselves.. keeping it a secret only allows her addiction to grow.. although she is the one that must want to get clean a lil pressure may not hurt.. it was a good suggestion to check out alanon as it is a organization of family members of addicts and you can glean some good advice on how to deal with your sister.. I'm very sorry you are having to deal with this as it is never easy to watch someone you love fall to addiction.. I wish you and your family well.. lesa
yes some XANAX IS BLUE you cant go by color .Let us know if you know anything else .
Blues are xanax footballs(.5mg I think) and lortabs(10mg). I don't know much about the oxy/roxy family.
the only drug i have ever heard of as refered to as a 'blues' is roxy's.  never xanax.  bars, peaches i have heard these names for xanex.  

there is no way to know exactly what drug she is referring to unless you ask her...so ask her...

but i have a sneaking suspicion she is talking about roxy's
I just talked to my friend a blue is 1/2 xanax bar, 1mg. A 1/4 bar, .5mg xanax is a peach.

Dave
I've heard blues referred as both xanax and roxies. I think it just all depends on the specific area. Addiction is addiction no matter what the substance and you know she is buying and using some sort of pill. This being said, feel safe if you do decide to intervene. From seeing the text on her phone you know she is using. Hopefully you can get through to her!
Best of luck!
Brian
most people call roxi blues some people also call xannax blues to so it could be either one. They are both dangerous and I would try and talk to her as a sis. See what is going on cause I would say that she is headed for trouble....
Thank you all for your responses, it helps alot and shows that im not alone, thank you soo much for the info, its hard to confront someone especially if they lie to your face but id rather do that than see something happen thank you again!
where I am from, blues are 10 mg valium, which is a diazepam, anti-anxiety, so it is similar to xanax. I'm sure there are a lot of blues out there, but I know the 10 mg generic (and possibly brand name, but most pharmacies and street dealers would deal in generic, less expensive so bigger margins). Could be valium which I hear is very hard to get off of, although I was prescribed a type of diazepam for muscle spasms that were a side- effect of effexor an antidepressant, that I went off of because of the terrible body jolts. God, some of these pills, you got to wonder what the hell they do to your body!!! Good luck, I wish you well. Hope you find out. Best to get a pill and check the markings as all controlled substances should be scored and have numbers or a word on them to be identified easily. You can check them out on various websites that show pictures of the pills so you know what they are.
Hey Everyone, i know its been awhile since i wrote, but i have confronted my sister and her scumbag of a boyfriend, they have been recently selling pills out of my house! she says shes not doing them but i honestly do not know what to believe anymore, she lost lots of weight, has no money and looks like shes aged, but she swears she loves this guy who by the way is NOT working and just living off of me n her, my parents have confronted her and she denies it saying shes finally happy and sick of people being nosey, all she does is stay in the house with him and smoke constant cigarettes. I do not know what to do anymore...
The dude and your sis have made your house into a dope house. You can lose everything.  I'd set both of them free ASAP if it were my house.
sorry to say but sounds like u already kno what is happaning jhere so ur probabl;y not to shocked to hear that i most def can say that she is doing pills which ones im not sure but by the way u describeded here is to the "T" a addict's personality an how we usually act an function or lack there of functioning. id get real serious wth ur sister ist ur house an ur rules id say if u wana kno an since its ur house go to cvs walgreens get a at home drug test cost aropund 20 bucks or so make sure its the multi drug one since u def do not kno what shes using an say pee in this cup since ur living in my house u either pee or leave an make sure u watch her actually pee in the cup belive me us addicts r VERY VERY tricky so watch her pee an within 5-10 mins ull kno exactly hwat is up. an if she refuses tha out the door she goes or whatever conquence u wana use but thts what i would do. good luck an let us kno the outcome
thanks! yes ur right, I have to do something, I just talked to her best friend that she no longer is friends with and she admitted doing pills with them and she knows shes still on them, I went to my dad and its like talking to a brick wall to my sister she backs him up like hes the perfect guy but really she needs to open her eyes. She and him isolate themselves from the world and is pushing me away, should i try to do an intervention? I def will try the drug test thank you for telling me about that i had no idea they had those out there! thank you all for your help and support because honestly its hard to talk to anyone about situations like this, I will keep you all updated
This was my pill of choice just because of the kind of kick it gives you when you take it. Its very addictive and the more and more you want to keep that feeling the more and more it cost and the more and more you are taking. I really hope she is willing to give up the roxie's because it took over my life in every way. It drained my checking account it took my check every week it was always something more and more that I had to have from them. Its a hard thing to quit but never impossible. I wish you and your sister the best of luck.
Mark
Where I live "Blues" are Hydrocodone 10's! Hmmm guess it really depends on where you live Lol
Ok if its a Roxie it will be small and round and blue if its a 30mg. There will be a score on it so you can half it. The name brand ones have a small R on the top of the score and there is a 30 on the bottom. If its green its a 15mg with an R on the top of the score and a 15 on the bottom. There is a generic of the drug too they have a V on them with no numbers. Kinda about the same size as an asprin. Hydros are much larger and are oblong and most of the more common depending on the maker have something like watson on them just depends on the maker and if its generic. Hope that helps some.
blues are watson 10/500 hydrocodone here.
well im sry u had to hear it like ths but im ure deep dwn u already kinda kne wht was really going on, so yes i would def do the drug test idea an go from there mayb get her away from he boyfriend an really try an have a heart to heart or idk u kn her best do hat u feelisneccessary for u an ur sistr just rember if she is selling outa ur hopuse all it takes is oneperson to get busted n sy were they got em from an ur house could be raied bythe police which im so sure u do not wana go thru cuz the will tear ur house apart top to bottom so belive me it is not a very nice experience esp when u are not even the one doinganythn bad but belive me it happans all the time so just kno tht is a eal realization dont mean to scare u but could happan. if u need anythn just ask dont hesitat. goodluck hope u get what ur lookn for and tak care ofit.  
               ps. sorry for spelling im on diff computeran its real bad keyboard
I seriously cannot thank you all enough for all your help and feedback, it really does help me to become stronger, but i have another question my sister recently told me she might be pregnant, which is funny because she tells everyone her and her stupid bf that they dont have sex, do you think its a cover up so noone will question her? and can anyone give me symptons, she sleeps alot sometimes talks funny, and is always broke, and smokes alot of ciggarettes. me and my dad are trying in our own way to get it out of her, but she still is saying she is not doing anything, i think i will try to get her away from the stupid bf  and see if she will do the drug test. I have asked her so many times and my mom lives in california and was recently in the hospital from stress (because of her she keeps worrying) we are trying to get her to come here on the east coast and maybe set up an intervention
Hi Everyone,

I just wanted to update you all on my situation. My sister confessed to lying to me for over a year, her bf had been selling pills and he got her addicted to the blues, she just lost her job and is sooo skinny, and broke, now it all makes sense.  she is getting help from a doctor and will start NA meetings, I can only hope. But for some reason she is keeping this bf who started this all, i hate him for that... and am not really sure how to feel latley.

Thank you for all your help!!
"blues" used to be amytal.
the highest strength xanax comes is 2mg. "Footballs" are 2mg and get their name due to their shape (football-like). the color varies depending on the manafacture. "blues" from where I live (FL) are roxy's (oxycodone/roxicet etc), also due to the color. prescription drug use/addiction is the # 1 addiction in my county. it's just really convient and easy. you can be at work/school pop a pill & if anyone see's or asks, you have a headache & took a tylenol. no one questions it. it's a shame and it's starting with kids getting their parents prescription medicaions. people justify it as they were given it by a doctor so it's "ok" until they begin to abuse it and take more then allowed.

Reilly H.  RPH/PHARM D  
"Blues" are roxicets. They are opiates, considered "synthetic heroin," and have been growing in popularity, in New Jersey at least, thats for sure. They are extremely addictive but not if they are used in moderation with small doses (I snort half of one 30mg pill and it does the job).  Tolerance builds quickly which is why people start using more and more, which is why people overdose on them.  They are a very powerful pill and they only way your going to get your sister off of them is if you directly intervene.  When someone who does blues wants more, there is no stopping them.  The feeling they give you is unreal.  If the guy she is with continues to stay with her, she is going to keep doing blues.  Thats how it works.