What happens if you take mellatonin during the day?
Yesterday evening I took mellatonin, 3mg, I got some rest.  At that point in the evening I didn't feel like it wiped me out, but I did get better sleep.  Of course now, there is the time under my belt and the questions of what might help w/d symptoms that linger...
Thanks all.

PS.  no one responded to my sh*tty post regarding psyllium husks.  They have helped me a bunch.
i take a supplement everyday called neuro links..........i get it from my natural doctor.. it has melatonin in it..........among other brain juices we all need... but the tablets are more potent because they are a higher miligram.........our brain needs melatonin but i would recomend only taking it at night unless directed by your ND..........best of luck to ya...........if you are looking for something else natural to help you sleep i know a remedy you get from the health food store...........message me if interested.......god bless
christina
Cherries have natural Meletonin. Once when I was withdrawing I at them by the bags. I would sit out on the porch and eat tons of them. The good ones from Publix. Melitonin is also a huge antioxident. When I would eat tons of fresh cherries it would take the edge off of my W/D's
For me melatonin takes a long time to kick in and hangs around for a long time as well...like i would take it around 7 when i took it....it is also a good anti-aging supp!  LOL
Melatonin is a great aid to the body. The only bad thing about daytime use is being sleepy. Also know that melatonin is broken down by the body when you are exposed to bright light.
Its dangerous to take during the day.

Because its usually associated with your sleep, it does not make you sleepy or relaxed.

It is the chemical in the brain that is released during dark periods that regulates your Circadian Rythms.  If you take it during the day, the brain will think its time to sleep, when you aren't wanting to and when its time to do it, your brain won't let you.

Take it right before bed to trigger the release and to sleep.

Also, it always manufactured in mg amounts that are enormous.  Only a tiny bit is needed and the loading effect can be a risk as well.

well said fly..................great post....................christina
Been away a bit.  I will not be around much as I have a busy few day, but will check in of course.
Anyways, thanks for the advice. I will stick to night time.