Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
What is Oxycodone HCL exactly?

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

What is Oxycodone HCL exactly?

Can anyone describe to me what exactly Oxycodone HCL is? I found some of these pills in my brothers bag the other day and am concerned about. He had them filled less than a week ago (120 of them) and there is only 60 left. I am concerned. Can you please tell me what exactly they are????
Sorry...they are Oxycodone HCL 5 mg. If that helps.
They are percs...or oxy's I forget exactly...are they white with numbers or white with letters? or little white ones..with a 10 or pinkish with a 20

Either way..its a pill that alot of us are trying to get off around here......They are highly addictive;

Now..how to answer...is he himself are taking them or is he selling them?
k they are percs.................percocet's.....but its teh same as oxy's only the smallest dose
They are actually a capsule, not a whole pill. They are like brown on one half and pinkish on the other half. How bad are they for him? I don't know if he is selling them...God I hope not...but still...even if he is taking them...that is not good either.
I was wrong...they are a capsule but they are dark brown on one side and light brown on the other side. There is a M with a box around it on one side of the pill and 5 MG under that.
K I have no idea......actually................it's still a perc though....
and yes, either way if he is selling them or poppin them...it's still pretty bad

Does he have legit pain? Doyou notice him staying up more? Does he smoke pot at all? if he does...Does he puff and not look high? percs often do that to people...at least it has to me and a few people I know

How do his pupils look? often with long use your pupils are smaller....not larger like other drugs can affect someone......I know I was more yappy on percs so I talked alot and quickley

I haven't noticed ANY difference in him at all. I don't know if he is using them or not. I just don't know.I wanted to ask him but then he would get mad at me for looking  through his bag. But they are percocets though right?? I am going to have to do some research on the internet about them. I know someone (a friend of mine that was pregnant and prescribed percocet for severe migraines). Thanks for replying to me so quickly. I will have to keep my eyes open to any of the signs that you mentioned. I was reading some of the postings on here and this is pretty serios stuff. I mean going through 60 pills in one week???? WOW.
I think the brand name is Tylox
I really hope you find some peace there , and its great to see someome care so much for their family member
I try to answer posts as I can..I am glad to help..and yes they are for sure percs or oxys..either way....its a drug and can cause serious side affects after short term and long term use..

If you need  anything else Im happy to help when I can
Best of luck to you!!

Love C
What are some of the signs that he is using them? Will he get sleepy or will he get hyper? Are there certain things to look for? I am going to watch him more careful now..
Hey there..
Signs of using..
a boost in energy....
if he is really sleepy..he's taken enough to fall asleep if you take more than needed you will eventually fall asleep and droop away.....it slows your heart rate down...

I dont he's snorting them..but if he is check his nose so often..or if he plays with his nose alot..or if he sounds stuffed up alot

It's kinda hard to tell with pills...actually the boost of energy lasting for hours..on end.....

I hope some of this helps sorry it took me so long I have been busy today

Happy Thoughts and Prayers
Love
C
I abused Oxycontin ER 80 mgs tabs for almost three years.  Oxycodone HCL in the generic for Oxydontin ER (extended release).  But I have never seen in come in a capsule, only tablets.  Are you sure the capsules you found are Oxycodones?
Hope I can help.  I'm ashamed to say I used to eat them like candy.
Yoda
It is Oxycodone 5 mg Photo on link below

http://www.pharmer.org/node/3467
10 a day is about right for early/mid-addiction.
I just got clean off the drug myself..they are actually perk 30MG..or 15Mg...I was talkitive didn't eat muh..didn't sleep much..irritable and always workin or cleaning..it is the worst addiction I have ever overcame..even more than cocaine..talk to him and try to get him help...best advice tho.." ONLY YOU CAN
CHANGE YOUR OWN LIFE" noboy can change it except you..no matter how bad they want to..