Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
What is a stronger pain reliever??

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

What is a stronger pain reliever??

Hi, I was just wondering if anyone knows which is stronger....
percocet 5-325 or vicodin 7.5-750

I had been taking the percocet for a kidney infection, but my new doctor just gave me the vicodin, so i am worried that it is not going to be strong enough for me.  
I think percocet.  But that's opinion.
I thought that pain medicine was BAD for your kidneys?  I had dozens of bladder infections when I was abusing and when I came clean to my doctor, she said that was why...?
perc is stronger...basically 40mg of vicodin is 25 of perc. Give or take a few mgs lol   Google it, the info is out there. usually they say perc is 1.5 vic hope that helps.
vics ,will be fine for a kidney infection. Most doctor don't prescribe narcotics for kidney infections .do you have some type of cronic (chronic) kidney problem
I was prescribed percocet once for a kidney infection...I was young and I just thought I had a severe flu w/bad back pain. (sorry for the tmi but no burning when i urinated) So anyhow I ignored it for a week b/c like I said I was young and didn't have insurance finally I was so dehydrated and my back was hurting so bad I was taken to the ER. So they did prescribe the pain rx due to the severity of the pain I was in and how far I let it go. I have known others that have been prescribed narcs for kidney infections also.
Just my two cents!
well, that doctor wasn't the brightest bulb if you know what I mean.  that's why I found another :)