Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
What is the best way to detox from narcotic pain killers?

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Viewing 401-600 comments:
I have a huge dependancy on the pain killer oxycontin and oxycodone. I am prescribed them for an old injury of a broken tailbone and degenerative disc disease. I have been taking them as prescribed for over 10 years that is, until about 8 months ago. It seemed like my normal dose was not enough on some days so I would just take extra and try not to take so much when the pain isn't that bad. Well, here I sit for the umpteenth time, I am out of my meds and they are not due for 4 days. I am going to have to buy them from the street to get by til then. I am really tired of being like this! I feel like I need them because of the amount of pain I'm in but at the same time, By taking more  on some days and it ends up worse by the end of the month. I feel like a junkie and while I want off this ride, I don't want to live my life in so much pain that all I want to do is lay in bed on an icepack and cry! (that was my life before oxy)! Someone Please tell ke what to do?
I to have degenerative disc disease.  I'm not sure about you, but with me, if I sit sedentary too long I feel like crap, my body starts to ache.  I found that exercise works wonders for me for both the aches and pains and makes me feel a whole lot better.  The good endorphine thing :)  Think about it???  You have 4 days until you can fill your script, usually the worst of the wd's are over by the end of the 4th day.  If you want to get off the pills why not try it now??  I can't tell you what to do, I can only suggest things that may work.  We have all been there before and this forum is definitely a godsend.  The people here have so much wonderful advice to give.  Keep posting and let us know how you're doing...Good Luck and God Bless...Dave
How hard is it to stop taking lortab 7.5's? I've been taking them for a couple months now and feel as if m becoming addicted. Anyone fought a hyrocodone addiction?
Hang in there. A couple years back, I was taking at least 10-15 of the OC 80's a day and was able to quit cold turkey. I would snort at least 3-4 in one big line as soon as I woke up. This was a daily habit that lasted several months without a day off from the OCs.
It was hell for a few days, but eventually I felt completely normal again and the cravings subsided.  

What you ABSOLUTELY need to do is go see a doctor to get prescribed Suboxen or Subutex. This is a drug that is made specifically to take away the withdrawal symptoms from synthetic opiates and it works wonders.  It will make the withdrawal symptoms easy to bear and it also reduces cravings for opiates.

Any doctor would be able to write you a prescription for "subs". If your serious about quiting opiates, there is no better or easier way than getting subs.  They are a pill that dissolves under your tongue and gives you instant comfort from your withdrawal.

Like i said, hang in there. If I was able to quit from doing over 1000mg of oxycontin a day, I am confident that with the help of subs, you will be able to get over your habit rather easily.
im in same boat,in portsmouth,england,how you getting on??? ive got 4 weeks holiday from work,have lovly wife and 3 year old daughter,on 10mg suboxone,got valium and zopiclone(sleepers) starting today nothing gonna stop me,too much negativity amongst addicts,its not meant to be a walk in the park doing a rattle(cluck,cold turkey,bla,bla) hope your there my friend,my war starts today,crazy scotsman living in england!! point 2 prove or what,ever seen BRAVEHEART?? say no more,wish me luck
I am 26 years old and have been addicted to endocet and Oxycotin for about 3 years. I started with with buying an oxy once in a while to cure my hangovers well works great I took one 10mg pill maybe twice a month. I now can chew 7 10mgs of oxycotin and swollow about 10 endocets a day. I have resorted to snorting hydro morphine when I can't get anything I get a script for 240 endocets a month for a fall I had last winter. the pain was ledgett I really needed it for pain but I was taking so many already they are inaffective now. I don't know what to do. I have a 3 year old daughter and another one one the way. I  am feeling trapped and not sure how to get out of it? If I go a day without I feel like a bag of ****. Can't hardly function without it. I take 5 perks as soon as open my eyes in the moring so I can get out of bed. what do I do./?
Same boat as all of you.. started with a back injury and now.. well you know.  I take Oxy. About 180 mg/day. Ive have managed to ween myself down for the past few days and that seems to work with only minor WD's.  Dont get me wrong... there still is some WD but not sooo bad like i cant work.  I have to get off, no doubt about it.  I spend way to much money on it now with my business slow, its hard to afford it. I have a wife and kids and they mean the world to me... i cant let them down.   My wife doesnt speak English super well so she doesnt quite get the problem im having.   She is aware of my pills i take but doesnt realize how much they cost or that i have a dependency on them.  Its a tough road ahead but i will choose to ween some more and get myself down to mere slivers then maybe switch to Hydrocode then ween more and more off of that. Seeing that is not as strong as Oxy.  When i get down to mere slivers of that then i can quit..  hope that will min. the WD.   I unfortantly cant take days off so i will have to fight through whatever WD i will have at work.  Boy i cant wait for that.  Anyone else try the ween techinqe?    i need to stop its my only option at this point in life.
Hello my name is L------- im looking to hear from you if are doing better
i have been to 2 rapid detoxs in Ontario and then in 2010 Florida Detox!

Let me know if you need any suggestions with any thing in terms habits.                          
I'm a 19 year old kid, and I'm addicted to oxy's. But I can't do any type of detox plan. I support my family ever since ky father went to prison a year ago for drunk driving and police battery and while doing this I became addicted. I have never been one to accept much help, always had to do everything on my own and take care of myself. And my family is so stressed, I mean ky mom cries almost everyday because her husband won't be getting out of jail for a long time. I just can't bare to hurt them more and tell them I'm addicted. But I can't seem to quit on my own I van see a way out...
I just had surgery in feb. But have been taking percs/ tramidol off and on for 3 years! I'm now to the point that I'm tired of the drugs and tired of er people looking at me like a spec of dirt. Yet? I cannot find anyone to help me or listen to me. No one takes me seriously. They say I haven't taken them long enough to be addicted, but I jump from er to er in look for more of the same. I want help. I know I have a problem because I use them now not for pain but to feel normal. Every time I start to detox at home I freak out and before u know it I'm again getting more of the same. Why is it I can't find help? I don't want methadone. I don't want another drug. I want my life back. I'm tired of the chase. Any advice for me? I'm 31, have two beautiful children a loving husband and yet I feel so alone! Please help!
I just want to say I am currently on day 1.. ughhh I have been wanting to b now I have the determination foe myself an my kids ..I did however have 1 this morning but have felt the pain since about 12pm.  I hope this subsides quick and not forever ..I think I'm gonna need lots of email supports and here as well as I don't tell a lot of ppl about this so I read here everyone is so supportive and very helpful.I've went thru withdrawal b4 but didn't have the want to stop I guess u cud say so here I am..
Day 2 in this isn't easy.cold turkey ..I have the snots. Sneezes the cramping the legs n back r killing me..I am trying so hard but this isn't easy by no means...
Coming off 5yrs on methadone a very slow taper. down to 19mg from 155mg since a yr ago. how long does it really take?
This is how I am getting off. Yes, I am on hour 25 of detoxing off of 12 Norco's a day and I have a technique that gets you off OXY, Norco, and anything else really. But it's kind of creepy and I avoided it for awhile but I'm going though this with a lot of prayer and not too bad WD. No shakes, pretty relaxed, and totally trusting in God. YES this can be done! I ache a little and but it's not that bad. A couple years back when I went off dilaudid 12/8mg a day and Norco that WD was so INTENSE that I had to go to the hospital because I was vomitting and hallucinating. So to stay the least I was pretty anxious about getting myself in this situation ALL OVER AGAIN! I felt/feel like an idiot for doing tho to myself again but God is good and I'm getting off pretty easy this time. So if your interested in everything I'm doing to get off the pills/drugs follow these steps and do these things and you will get off with less withdrawals.
1. Go to this site and do the coffee enema's. Yes, not pretty and it was hard to understand how this would help me but I finally read up on why it helps drug addicts detox within a matter of hours without WD symptoms. God has used this technique to save me from the painful WD's to get me off drugs. This is the cure! It get's rid of the half life of the drugs from the liver and expels it the large intestine where it is eliminated. Read about stand learn how to do it at this site:http://***********.org/products/Coffee-Enema-Instructions.html
2. This is the second most important tool to getting off. Get some Magnesium Citrate. It helps calm the contractions of the smooth muscle, relaxes you, and helps the pounding heart, and digestion symptoms. It stops the wrestles legs that occur with the WD.
3. Then to help with extra aches and pains that pop up. Buy 20 lb. of Epsom Salt and soak in 4 lb.-8 lb. hot baths for 10- 15 min. Then get out and stand in the shower doing hot 1 min. and cold 1 min. to get the immune system to increase production of white blood cells and stimulate the lymphatic system to eliminate the toxins. When the cold hits and you feel shocked I pray out loud for deliverance and I ALWAYS FEEL BETTER AFTER THIS!
4. Since you are detoxing you have to replace your strength. I use an ISAGENIX chocolate shake because it has 5HTP, Triptophan to help the brain recover from the repeated narcotic use and all the vitamins.
5. Friends, I'm 29 and I've detoxed so many times I can't tell you but these three days of hell have always terrified me! But this time I prayed this pray, "Lord, don't help me do it, don't make me do it, do this in me, do this for me, because I can't do it." I stepped down to half the amount of pills within several days and went cold turkey and I'm doing the best I have ever done even though I was back on high amounts of narcotics again. Pray, pray, pray, to God. Whatever the reason your on it, pain medication is meant as a blessing to help you in extreme pain, but when they become your chains and you start to obsess and worry how you are going to get more you have to get off! I finally, after justifying it, because I am sick, I'm getting off and doing it successfully without freaking out this way! Since I have FOUR different autoimmune diseases I am starting a blog on how I stay well since I'm seriously feeling better and better by the day. Check it out if you can when it's up www.**********.***. Take care and GOD BLESS YOU IN THIS BECAUSE HE SUFFERS WHEN YOU SUFFER AND HE FEELS EVERY WD YOU FEEL AND HE WILL GET YOU THOUGH THIS!
i take 5 norcos a day how bad will my withdraws be cold turkey i dont take them all at once i take 1 every 4to6 hours please help me with this i dont know what to expect
The best way I have found to detox from narcotic pain-killers is to treat the symptom of the detox.  Like for morphine, the severe cramping and diahrhea, take 2 imodium (immodium) after every bowel movement (or more) just like you would for a stomach virus. For watering eyes and a runny nose, take an antihistamine and decongestant.  I  think you get my drift.  It's like when a dog gets parvo.  The virus isn't what kills the dog, it's the bad side-effects and dehydration which kill the animal.  Treat the symptoms as best you can and don't give up.  And, most definitely set up a support system for yourself.  Good luck!
I have been on pain meds now for 2 years. maybe 90 milligrams a day of roxicet. I need help to know the best way to detox and how long ot will take and what to expect. please help me
I have Ben trying to kick the habit of taking pain meds for almost five years. I never thought that this could happen to me. I have had a pretty hard life, feeling like my family didn't want me around and basically raising myself.  When I turned 21 I got in a very abusive relationship that made me feel like the scum of earth. Because I stayed with him and don't feel like I deserved better. Well his mom seen me cry myself to sleep and get beat and never did anything about it so she gave me my first Vicodin and it made me feel so much better it numbed me from all the pain I was feeling. And that's all it took. It was an easy way out. Here I am five years later depending on pain killers to get me through my days and nights I have turned into a monster no one likes to be around. I have went to a hospital and detox there and did good till about a year ago. I'm back at square one. I'm in school now and its hard for me... but I wanted to know if its OK to just sleep through your withdrawals of course waking up to eat and drink bath and stuff. But I hate the withdrawals ...
21 DAYS INPATIENT, IS NOT ENOUGH!!!  I'VE GONE TO INPATIENT A FEW TIMES.
THE LAST ONE, I WENT IN FOR 3 MONTHS.  I DECIDED I HAD ENOUGH, THE COUNSELOR'S SAID, I WAS GETTING THE "**** IT'S".  
SURE ENOUGH, I STARTED USING 13 DAYS LATER.

I WENT BACK LESS THAN 2 MONTHS LATER AND I WAS THERE FOR 4 MONTHS AND 10 DAYS MORE.  I ALMOST GOT KICKED OUT TWICE.  THAT MADE ME REALIZE HOW MUCH I WANTED IT.  I CRIED AND BEGGED FOR THEM TO LET ME STAY.  

IT WAS IN KLAMATH FALLS, OREGON.  THEY CARE FOR YOU SO MUCH!!

IT WAS THE SCARIEST THING GOING THERE THE 1ST TIME.

IT WAS A HOUSE.  THE OFFICES WERE IN THE BASEMENT WITH TIBETAN FLAGS HANGING IN THE DOOR WAY!  

THE REHAB I WAS IN BEFORE, I COULD HIDE.  IT WAS LIKE A NURSING HOME AND I FELT LIKE CATTLE.  THEY DIDN'T REALLY CARE ABOUT ME!!!  MONEY WAS THERE MOTIVE!!!  THIS PLACE, YOU COULDN'T HIDE.  NO TV!  WONDERFUL!!!  IT WAS THE MOST AMAZING EXPERIENCE OF MY LIFE.  I THINK PEOPLE THAT AREN'T ADDICTS SHOULD GO TOO!!!  THEY "OPEN" YOUR MIND!!!!!

IT WAS A DUEL DIAGNOSIS PLACE.

I HAD SOCIAL ANXIETY ALL MY LIFE.  I BECAME A PHARMACY TECH IN 1992 AND GOT HOOK IN 1995  WHEN I WENT TO GET MY WISDOM TEETH OUT.  THE LAST 15/16YEARS HAVE BEEN NUTS!!!   AT THIS REHAB, WE HELD EACH OTHER ACCOUNTABLE.  LEARNED TO LOVE OURSELVES AND LEARNED COMMUNICATION AND HOW WE ARE DOMESTICATED BY THE OUTSIDE WORLD.  I LOVE ME FOR ME NOW!  I DON'T LET PEOPLE BOTHER ME ANYMORE!!!!

I AM SORRY IF I JUMPED AROUND ALOT, BUT I'VE BEEN ON HERE FOR A WHILE THIS MORNING AND AM GETTING TIRED.  

ALL I KNOW IS THAT YOU HAVE TO DO WHAT EVER IT TAKES TO CHANGE YOUR THINKING AND IT IS SO WORTH IT IN THE END!!!
My boyfriend and I detoxed a few months ago from a 3 year $400 a day pill habit. We were both taking anywhere from 15-20 perc 10s a peice a day or 6-8 roxy 30's a peice a day. Basically a super human shoulda been dead tolerance. We did it cold turkey.. no subox or methadone....I think you really just have to be DONE you have to hit your rock bottom... I hit my rock bottom when I started to lose everything...$400 a day is a pretty hard habit to keep up with. Quiting honestly was the best thing I've ever done....It hasnt been easy...but it has been very worth it. It CAN be done:)...the best way to do it??? get lots of gatoraid, bottle water... Drink alot even though you really will not want to..tylenol pm helps alot...take 2 every 4 hours....immodium helps with the stomach cramps SO much...dont take like the bottle says though...just keep drinking it until your stomach stops hurting so bad....and hold on tight for the ride...the worst will be over in about 4 days...when I say the worst  I mean the throwing up and restless legs....but just remember It can be done:)
Hi There.. First off you being honest (Even with strangers) is the best and only way you can be if you want real life honest help/anwers from others in your shoes. I don't judge you because I'm in the same position as you with Ms-Contin except I take mine mostly for pain with some of the doses going towards me being active mentally and physically. Any opiod plays a big part on us to hide and deal with our fears in life, guess you could say it takes away an inhibitions we have as part of being human. I started taking more of my Ms-Contin after my mom and sister died and I couldn't deal with the sadness on my own and it was the wrong thing to do right from the get go because relying on drugs like this to dull the emotions is the worst thing ever instead of just being able to deal like we used to be able to at one time REMEMBER THAT??? I'm sure you do. For me and most everyone else (You too I'm sure) it's just easier to pop a pill and get on with day being able to cope or just ignore lifes problems and worries. If your trying to find something to replace the energy and help with lifes chores and stresses like you got from the pills, then you can stop looking now because there isn't anything except another opiate I'm sorry to say cause if there was something else that didn't harm you or I, believe me it would be the greatest thing since sliced bread but it's just not there in the real world I wish it was. I've run out of my prescribed meds so many times in the last 12 years that I couldn't even count and that's only because I took them aslo to deal with things other then the pain I'M JUST AS GUILTY and even as of 10 minutes ago, I took 2 30's because my energy was dropping and I honestly needed a pick me up. YES!!!!!!! it's all good to sleep it off if you can and sleep anyway you can because 3-5 days will be over sooner then you think. Until my surgery gets here I'm going to be taking morphine for right and wrong reasons but I love the feeling I get when day 4 has arrived pill free but it sure is tough at times getting there. I've got a lot of experience with morphine (No other drugs/booze not even POT NEVER) and I "KNOW" that a pill called Gabapentin is just awesome to help with the withdrawals because it stops restless legs almost 90% and it makes you so sleepy that along with the pill, the withdrawal combinded will help you sleep through it. You won't feel like eating but keep the fluids in because you can die from not enough fluids trust me I know from experience plus I'm a heath and safetyy officer on disability leave so I know. Wish I could drop you off a few 30's but that wouldn't help and Idoubt we're even in the same country hahaha I'm in Canada. Good Luck and don't be afraid to do whatever you have to do so you can stop taking this **** once and for all you'll be better off for it and eventually it won't take that long at all when your abel to live life under your own power REMEMBER WHAT THAT FELT LIKE lol.. I'm sure you do.
Good Luck we've all been there
Hey Everyone.. I hope someone has been getting help and support at this site but what I wanted to say has nothing to do with supporting anyone although I have in the past. NO!!!!!!!!!! what my post has to deal with are all the assholes in this life who look down their noses at people like us whom for what ever reason started taking a pill. These people think they're so much better then all of us but you can bet your bottom dollar that these people have their own crutch that just happens to be hidden from site.  Here in Canada you can buy tylenol #1 (That have 8mg codeine) and they are available over the counter without a prescription and you wouldn't believe how many na-sayers pop a few of these at a time thinking that what they're doing is somehow better then what we're doing when it's not. It all starts small as it did with all of us but will eventually lead into soemthing worse if taken over a long period of time it always does. It's either the codeine or booze or pot but there's "ALWAYS" something I've found and I just shake my head at these people thinking to myself "It's just a matter of time" before you too will be like me/us. I wish we could all turn back time and never take that first pill or whatever it was just so we were "ALL" happy and healthy. I didn't plan on being hooked on morphine but I am thanks mainly to my dr but also because I'm not personally strong enough to say no when it's easier to take a pill and just be out of pain instead of trying to deal with the pain once in a while without a pill.
Anyways I guess this was a bit of a rant sorry about that guys but I hope maybe just one of these people will read this and get a wake up call.
Hello Guys.. I've been reading for hours now and ya know 99% of everyone here is saying the same thing so I hope we all get the answers and help we so urgently need.

My question is this.. I know for myself, that when I detox on my own at home I tend to pray to die in my sleep but not because of the detox stuff, it's because when the pills wear off I'm back to dealing with the sorrow the pills have been hiding for me and I wonder if many people actually kill themselves from detox issues? I'm not there right now but it has popped up several times over the last 12 years.
Thanks.
HONESTY HONESTY HONESTY.. None of us can go through the w/d's associated with this without someone knowing so if you've got a strong caring spouse and they don't know yet (Don't see how they couldn't) you have to come clean with them because if they love you then they're going to do everything in their power to help the one they love. I know this is true because I got hooked on Ms-Contin accidentally and then things got out of control so my beautiful wife supported me with body massage, getting stomach meds to help, all the way to even bringing me a cold cloth in bed when I was on fire. I would do the same for her if need be so it's very important you get the help from a loved one and be 110% open and honest it's the only way your going to beat this. No it's no fun detoxing and every second seems like an hour but it won't take long and in about 3-5 days the worst is over and I mean really... how long is 3-5 days? Think of something you did 3-5 days ago and then look and see how quickly the last 3-5 days have passed. I'm 44 so I've been alive for 16060 days so what's 3-5 days to me or anyone else my age? Yes it ***** but life without a drug to pick you up is so much better. For me the hardest part is the fact that I still have the original pain issues that cause my addiction in the first place but I've got surgery soon and hopefully the pain will be gone or at least low enough that dealing with it (the pain) will be easier without a pill.GOod luck to everyone
hi i have been on endocets for like 3 yrs just 3 times a day the most i take either 15g or 20 g no more i have been feeling chest pains regularly now and have no appetite i feel sluggish and confused idk what to do it made me feel good before and now im so tolerant and dont want to die from this please help
go up to the top of this page and click on the orange tab that says post a question.  Start a new thread so you can get the help you need.  this is a very old thread and you may be missed.  
I was addicted to every type of opiate out there. I started with Vicodine and quickly moved to Norco and Percocet. When they stopped giving me a high, I started on Roxy, Op 80's, and Opana. The first 3 days are truly hell. I stopped my last does on Thursday night. Made it through work Friday and bunkered down for the weekend.  I was able to make it to work on Monday even though Sunday was so tough I thought I would have to call in sick. I went from feeling sick with horrible diarrhea, to breaking down and crying nonstop over things that I self-medicated to forget.  
What really helped me was some detox tea from any grocery store.  It didn’t really help the physical effects but did ease my psychological desire to get more. Each time I had a craving I drank a large glass of the tea to remind myself that this was the end! I started going to the gym on day four to help sweat out any excess toxins and I have been feeling better than ever since! You CAN do this!
I had been buying these drugs for over 4 years now and I lost my family due to them! Do not let these drugs take over your life and destroy your families! You can get through life without them. If you have real pain then fine but many of us take these for the high and can have a MUCh better life without them! GOOD luck to you and I wish you a happy and healthy future!!   - lonely Dad but CLEAN!
Yes, the emotional pain is severe but you can overcome it! I Lost my family and have been self-medicating for years. I cried for days when i finally found the courage to detox. You will make it through. Find a friend or love one to lean on. You have to be honest with them and yourself! Suicide may sound like an easy way but it is a cheap end to a wonderful life. Stay strong and keep your head up! Pray to god that he will grant you the courage to press on and you will make it. I had plenty of suicidal thoughts but found the strength to press o through god and love ones. You may want to check into a clinic if your emotions are to unbearable to deal with. Good luck and best wishes!
Way to be a MAN  I mean that sincerly, detox is not going to happen cold turkey from Roxies you go die.  If you have insurance there are a few good rehabs, 7 days. Go to the Dr for Suboxin, just dont give up.  If you have real pain, consider a 12hr slow release, only 2 a day no pain no withdraw and you keep your family.  The pills only make you seem happy because they are part of you, give you energy, and mental addition gets fed.  When you a truly past your problem you will fell like you used to before the addiction, no depression, and you will have energy to play Dad.      Good Luck
I've had a dangerous dance with opiates for 10 years. Started when I was 21 - cleaned up by 24. The most productive and meaningful years of my life were from 24-28 when I was clean. Moved back to my old stomping grounds, let bad circumstances get the best of me and instead of DEALING with my problems, I hid behind pills to artificially feel good.

I quit for 3 months over summer, and thought I could reward myself just once with a small dosage... bad idea, you can't go down that road. Too quickly you transition from taking the pill to feel good, to taking the pill to avoid feeling bad; your emotions become dull, and your inner fire becomes rotten. Life on opiates is not living at all.

Let me tell you guys the most important lesson I learned in life (and one that I unfortunately chose to ignore during this relapse.) That wonderful, content, fulfilling buzz you get from your early dance with opiates can be obtained naturally. When you live your life in an authentic, driven, and meaningful way that resonates with your inner values, you will get that same opiate buzz without taking a pill; and without the side effects.

Opiates allow us to CHEAT the process of EARNING that feeling. Your body wants you to feel good through meaningful accomplishments, love, and embracing life. When you take opiates to skip the process, you're left with nothing more than a hollow existence -- feeling devoid of any real purpose.

The biggest challenge we face in life is confronting our problems head on and embracing the bad feelings associated with life in a manner that allows us to grow -- we can't use pills to simply try to feel good without addressing the underlying problems.

As a former heavy abuser, I know too well you can recover and feel amazing naturally. But it's a fight you can never take for granted. My heart breaks for people who truly have to deal with this horrid drug for pain management. That's how it started for me, but I consider myself fortunate enough to have healed physically, just not mentally.

I've weened myself off 60mg of Oxycontin a day to about 10mg. I'm glad my addiction is less than it has been in the past. At 10mg I stepped off and am embracing the withdrawals. My body needs to feel this to amend for the disrespectful way I've treated myself. There is no going back, there is no "just one more."

You guys can all do this, I've done it before -- coming from someone who is essentially a life-long screw up; always pursuing instant gratification instead of patient growth. It's time to change that, and it can't  be done on opiates.

Stay strong, your heart knows what's best. Living in the pain of our choices is better than living in this artificial, hollow, opiate based existence. The pain passes and turns to pleasure -- that can NEVER be said for opiates.
Great post Letitgonow. That's what people need to be reminded of. Those drugs rule your life. It's all you think about. You lose track of what is important. As you taper down, your body create endorphins again. These result in a good feeling. Think about the fun times in your life. Your private parts start working again.

My doc put me on oxys for back pain years ago. I was on for two years up to 80 a day. I thought I would never come off. Then I finally decided I had enough.

The hardest part is to start tapering down. Come up with a reduction plan. Make sure you have more drug than you will need otherwise you will go back for more than you need. Tomorrow take a little less than you took today. Hold it for three days. Take a little less. You will start to feel better mentally because you know you are on the road to recovery. Don't stop. The pain you feel is that mean nasty drug clawing at you. Make it suffer. Starve it out. Make it pay the price for what it did to you. Fight back. Exercise helps. Walk. Hot baths. Stay active. Eat yogurt. Take Alleve. Use a heating pad for your lower back. Fight through it. Get mad at yourself. You will find the strength. Good luck!
This will be my first day to try and detox. GOD HELP ME
could u tell me the medicine that help u get through the withdrawls or give me a name of the name of the facility that u went through to help my name is aleah 123
I am now in day 8 of being on roxi 30 mgs for about 8 years. Of course there was this last dr that gave me 30mgs morphine, which i would take ever so often. And of course he would also give me 2mgs xanax. The xanax I would give to my roommate. (That was her choice of drug). I was really crazy about the roxi's. Then when I started snorting them that was a lot better and a fast high. I guess, but after I snorted I had to pop one so I could feel even better. It has really been hell, but my roommate and  I  have been self detoxing ourselves. She was on morphine 60mgs, roxi's 30 mgs and xanax 2mgs. We have been together 27 years and we are all the family we have, along with our little special need dog. But anyway the first 5 days you do think that you are in hell. I have never felt so bad and cry. Of course my RM and I would cry together. I have never wanted anything as bad as I want to get this demon out of me. I know that I may be writing a book, but I just wanted to share this to anyone in our hell... To finish last Thursday 13th, which was day 3 of self detoxing I had to be rushed to the hospital. My blood pressure shot up to 204/196, scared the hell out of me. I was in the hosp. over night to run test next day, where things did not turn out so good. Now I have to find a heart dr. Of course I haven't seen one in 10 years...Didn't need one all I needed was to snort a roxi and I felt ok...But I am scared that I may have really damaged myself, by not following up with my heart dr. oh well today like I said is day 8 and I do feel I have a little strength. I am able to move around and clean house and of course listen to some music. I'm in Ga., and its now 2:15 am,was not able to sleep very long. I just hope and pray that I and my RM are going to make it. We had support from each other and of course we took some OTC meds to help us through this. drank lots of water, juices, took IBprofen, benadryl allergy(for the restless legs), and took walks with our dog. Of course that was a must, ha! but the best thing is that we prayed every morning and every eveing. I just wanted to share this with all out there going through this kind of hell!!!!!! I really believe it can be done with God's help and a whole lot of want to rid this demon.. Just wish us luck and hope that she and I will pull through all this. thanks for listening... 2 old Ga.,crackers
i want to help my brother detox from any opiate mostly oxicotin and Vicodin i rly want any kind of advice to help himanything will help
I'm on day 4 of detox. I've been down this road many times before. In 2009 i had to kick in jail, and that was the worst. 2 1/2 months in county and that was followed up with a year in rehab. I went from a dirty lil junkie to a fully functioning member of society again. I managed to stay clean long enough to get off probation.Almost 2yrs clean. I entended on staying clean. Needless to say about 6mo ago i slipped up. Continued to use and abuse pills for a few months. Then found got some Suboxone. I took as little as possible. I started off at 4mg in the morn then 4mg in the eve. Then i tapered down to 2mg a day. Then 2mg on and off for a cpl days then stopped. Went for a week of detox then gave in on day 7. yup, broke down and got me pills. On the seventh day of being back on the pills i decided enuf is enuf and that i want a normal life. I really liked being clean. Not to mention, i have a decent job now and most importantly have 2 kids that rely and look up to me.
My advice on how to make the withdrawl (withdrawal) a little easier. First try to taper if you can. There are some over the counter things that may help. I heard that Amodium AD will help with the symptoms of WD. My main wd symptom is insomnia. Toss turn, toss turn, flip pillow, toss turn, toss turn, rock my self to sleep, sleep for a min then repete. Ive been taking Velarin root for help with the restlessness it only helps a little. I tried Sominex last night not too bad still same toss turn process.
What i think really helps is a detox assistant such s Sonny #7, or the detox tea. My butt hates me right now, but things smell less weird, and the sweats aren't as bad.
But breaking a good sweat is very important. Try to exercise. I jumped on the elliptical for a half hr last night it helped my over all restless ness.
Anxiety is a killer, so i take something called natural calm to help with that. It doesn't get rid of it, but helps.  
Most important this is to hydrate, hydrate, hydrate. Flush your system, get the toxins out!
PS all this will only work if you want it. You have to have a positive out look on this before you go into detox mode. Hype your self up. This is a good thing that your doing for your self and for your family. Besides, you'll only feel like s**t for a cpl days. Keep positive, hold onto those positive feelings. That this is the beginning of your new life, where using is no longer an option.
Wow, it felt good just to get that out .
Is there anyone still on this post? If so hello:) I took vicodin es for 4 yrs ,went through about 250 a month. Didn't care about God anymore,and had a strong relationship with him. Didn't care about paying bills or anything at all! I stopped cold turkey,and went through 7 days of hell...o.didn't sleep ,but 3 hours at a time. Sweats, misery. Stayed clean for 3 months.and then thought Hhmmm I can just buy a few. NOPE, relapsed on percocets for 2 months. I'm on day 3 today. It's not as bad this time. But  def I feel so depressed.started taking st johns wort today.hope it works.I've never talked to anyone but my husband about it.I feel so useless,when will it end? And what else can I do but pray and wait it out. The kicker, when I quit the first time I started going back to church and renewed my relationship with God.he keeps forgiving, but when I started again ,I could care less about God,or anyone! I feel so sad and quilty.I can't handle this.
hon, go up to the orange button (ask a question) copy and paste your need to start a new thread.  I promise you will get help.  Do it now!!!!!!!
  Hello everyone :) Been on pain killers for a better part of 3 long,dark years.  Percs 10/325, Soma, Fentora 400mg. That's a 162,240 pills in 3 years. Damn...that's a lot of pain. I promise YOU, every pill was need and God sent.
  That being said, all my pain/spasm's; somewhere along the way I lost my self. Lost how to be a man. So I'm done with this ****. I'm taking my life back a minute at a time. Detoxing starts NOW!..My first day of Detoxing was 10/23/2011. That's a Sunday. REMEMBER I'm at 26 pills a day now. Sunday battling chills,peeing out my bung hole, dosed @ 8:30pm I did 1 10/352 perc, 1 Soma and a big *** rip from my bong. 2 hours later in the shower fighting all these with draw pains ect...Thank God for Weed:) helps so much SO MUCH. Day 2 the same stuff. Today is Tuesday same thing. So I'm down to 4 out of 26 pills. So happy about that. Thanks for listening...

Break 19teen ..."This is nickdogchillin from Phx, Az. and I'm out"
At my wits end with my pain pill addiction.  I'm just spinning my tires. I cant move forward in life when 80% of my income goes toward my 160-220mg a day habit.  I've been taking them for 10 years(every kind of narcotic pain pill there is).  I am 32 years old and have been diagnosed with RA and Lupus.  I need them for legitimate pain, however, I take more at a time than what I actually need just to reap the euphoria as well.  What would be the best way to attack this demon addiction of mine and bring myself down to a normal dosage amount per day?
HI welcome to the forum .....well your question is complicated the best way is to see your doctor come clean with him or her and work out a taper plan to get you off these things as fare as using them for pain those days are over once you cross the lin into addiction and riding the high you will never have contol of your use again so this is an all or nothing propziton we can help you taper off many of our members taper it takes discipline and perseverance and most addicts cant do it but it is worth a try your use is high if this dont work you may need inpacent rehab but your going to have to say goodby to your little freinds forever for this to work you will find like many of us your in less pain without the narcotics then with so at least break free long enough to get a base line on your pain I wosh you luck your in a tight plase right now it not hopeless but it time to do something about it God bless.....Gnarly  
hello ihave been using for about 5 years now and am at a crossroads in my life. Lost marriage, job ,etc just going on with  the cycle. I do about 10 30's a day, better than 25 a day 2 years ago sleeping only 2 hours a day burning the candle at both ends. I am 30 years old now and keep thinking is this how the rest of my life is going to b when i run out i have to go  to the streets and buy them off some lil punk kid that looks down on me "lol" just cause the little guy isn't old enough to know what real life is about but here i am rationalizing the addiction again. We are just as good as these people if not better. Atleast inside, but when we get caught puchasing these off the streets we're going to jail and just think about not being able to go to the corner and getting some more when u run out. Subs r the hands down best way to beat the wd's, just don't abuse them like so many of us like to do " LOL". Life's not over and it won't b easy. that handles the physical WD's , now my question is how do u get over the mental addiction. I am a devoute Catholic or should i say was but i really need a answer other than God is going to help me!!!!! Sorry for the book but really need to overcome the mental part ne ideas feel free.
I totally understand everyone's point on here I'm addicted to pain killers and I tried to go cold turkey and after the second day the pain was to bad. Now I feel like I'm right back where I started from and my family is two judge mental they will try to get my kids taken away from me and I couldn't bare that so now I don't know what to do cause I don't have insuarce to see a doctor, so I really feel stuck cause I want to stop but how do I.
I'm a 36 year old man with a kid and I am completely stuck in my life because of a vicious perc habit. I don't think I've ever heard of anyone who takes more than me, even though I know you're out there....these things are straight up ruining my life, I spend too much money on them, I'm always broke, debt is piling up and I am not going after any career-type opportunities because I feel ashamed of myself all the time. I think it's the shame and guilt that are the worst part...WD's aren't too bad, it's just the total lack of energy when I come off.
I'm afraid to get help because I don't want anyone to know that I'm an addict/junkie, I just continue my own spiral into despair. I know rock bottom is coming and my biggest fear is that I will lose my child....she is my only reason for being right now, other than that, I really don't care about myself. Funny, huh? I am exhausted with hiding this **** and feeling like I do all the time.....I want out but I don't know where to start and I feel like I'm dying a little bit every day. I think you are all so brave and I feel inspired by reading your stories, but at the same time, it's like I'm worse than all of you....I read about someone lamenting about their 15 perc a day habit and I laugh, because how am I not dead 10 times over? I don't want to die and I don't want to be the shame of my friends and family, so I know that the end of this ride is coming one way or the other. I want to be a Dad y'all, I'm also a relatively smart guy who could be doing very well if it weren't for this little 10 year setback. I feel like I'm 60 years old and I don't have any gray hair yet! I'm 3 days sober but where will I get the strength to say no and keep it going?
What the different between Oxycodone - Watson 932 and Hydrocodone
Why are you asking? are you thinking of taking them? I wil caution you NOT to as it will lead you not a life of HELL!!!!!!
How much are you using?
i have been on morphine 30 x2 and im morphine 15 x2, i am detoxing but also using soma to help with the wd's. i feel like i cant do this i feel like i am going to run away from ther man im in love with i thought the pills made me think anyway and go back to my sons dad,....these things have me mentally messed up but im on 2nd day of detox from morphine but like i saqid using soma to help with the wd's....is this bad
I'm trying to kick norco but I can't. Will cold Turkey be safe
It will be better if you start a new thread and not be left out in the cold with this old one! Go up to the top of this page...hit the orange ask a question button.  Cut and paste your question.  that will start a new thread and you will get the support you need!!!!!
No taking a soma here and there to help with the WD's is not that bad. just dont over do it. ive done it before trying to detox using subs, put my cravings were to strong or i was not strong enough. this was about 8 months ago. i am now going to a methadone clinic for the past 3 months with great results on only 60mg a day. i have been an addict for about 3 years. i was taking approx. 20 to 30 30's a day plus morphine here and there. after about 6 months of snorting and eating i starting shooting all of it. the worst thing i could have done. i should mention that when i started i only used a couple a day. when i started shooting its when my tolerance went to its max. even when i would drop 10 30's in my rig i still never got that sweet rush that keep me chasing those damn things, but needed it to stay normal. i was going to 5 different pain MD's. it was me and my wife doing this. we are both nurses who had great jobs which where lost along with my house, both new cars. now that we are both on methadone we are clean with very little cravings now, and now starting our life's over. i could not go 2 hour without banging before the WD's would start. i do believe  willpower plays the biggest role in it all. how ever one chooses to detox its up to them. if you fail dont beat yourself up even if you only went a day thats still a day of being sober. try again. i dont think the craving's will ever go away all the way once you get to a point where i was at, but i know i never want to go back to that life. i am now working again as a nurse, and also during my addiction i was arrested 3 times for poss. and sale charges.          
Please go to the ER, that is exactly what i did lastnite. I took my first dose of 8mg Suboxone today at 130, and within 30 mins..NO WITHDRAWALS!!! Please tell them your situation, they will help you get help. My medicine was prescribed by a doctor, i was taking 2 oxycontins a day, with percocet 10 mg as a break through for pain, i got tired of taking them. i wanted off the roller coaster ride from HELL!! Please Jake do this, please. You wont regret it, you will feel so much better!! I have a Son your age, and i would def want him to come to me for help!! But i do understand your situation, but sweetie, you cant do everything, this is too much of a weight on your shoulders. Please get help, you will be so much happier! I'm here for you if you need to talk
all sub will do is put your addiction on hold it will give you time to get aftercare to work on the real problems of addiction but just to tel someone go get sub and all is well is false sub can be like jumping from the frying pan into the fire if your habit is small and can be very difucult to gtet off far more diffucult then the pills you where originally on......sooner or later you have to come off of ot and you can come off like a lamb or a bear you just dont know with that stuff its not recamended by the forum unless you have a huge pill habit thats indagering you life go threw the pill withdrawals you will be much better off in the long run........Gnarly
Think like this....yu have the flu, the symptons are similar....tell your loved ones that. Day 1 and 2 are the worst, restless legs, cravings for the drugs, ZERO energy, entire body aches.....it is unpleasant. Day 3 is alot of diareeha. I have been on 10/500 vic's now since 2005, and went cold turkey 3 days ago. I feel 70% better, just can't stay off the toilet. We have all been real sick at one pointor more in life. I relapsedonce because of the people I was around, so this is my second time....but my last.  Look at it like you are sick and this has to take the course. Within 7 days, you will feel like a clean and better person, I PROMISE. But....the temptation will still be there phycologically for a long time, you must resist and it is all in your head at that point, and as you know, it is not worth it. Good luck
Are you serious about hire much you were doing? I've been on 400-450 Mg a day for  the last 2 months and before that smaller amounts but way more then prescribed for 3yrs steady and 18yrs since first starting anything! So my reason for asking is that if you are serious though not a good thing at all but gives me hope because lately I have felt I'm on way to much to get off! My wd's have gotten worse since switching to oxy and almost unimaginable since my daily DOS.has creeped upwards of 450Mg! Words of encouragement needed
I want to stop, I have 1 left, the anxiety and the nervousness is killing me! I want to cry at everything and my mind is thinking non-stop. I'm scared. I've been on hydrocodone for three years and after reading all these stories about withdrawals scares me even more.  I don't know how to do this all alone and I'm not one to "talk" about my feelings.  I keep thinking about all the things I have to do this weekend and can't think about how to get through it without anything.  Everyone on here seems so strong and I'm struggling back & forth on how I can do this but then I think about reasons why I need to continue taking them.  I don't know how to get through this....
HI! Im new to thr forum but not new to the addiction. 2 years ago I was addicted to the lortab and percocet. I would take 15-20 lortab 10's a day. Thank God it didnt kill me! I was clean for a year and 9 months. 5 months ago I relapsed and started taking them again only getting up to 7 a day this time. Which it doesnt matter if you take 20 or a 1/2 of one. The are very addictive and not worth everything that comes along with them. Yea it stops the pain but it doesnt take the problem away it makes the problem worse. It actually doesnt even take the pain away, it makes the receptors in your brain think it took it away only to hurt yourself more in the end.
I hope you find your way with getting clean. I start detoxing tomorrow.

Although I know its going to hurt like h--- IM SO READY to get my life back once again only to keep it back this time around! It's very hard to break the habit once you have it, but as long as your bound and determined you can do it and let me tell you it is so worth it!

Im not going to lie to you or sugar coat it. ITS GOING TO HURT! but its worth every ounce of pain to be clean and redeemed! Good Luck and everyone on here is in my prayers!
i cant believe how much we r so alike we r not alone we feel we hurt we love we have families we live different lives to accomidate our addictions.for me,now, i have pain its not only for the high that evens makes it harder. for years i used my injuries as a way to cope my pills now i would love to take 1 three times a day as neede d for pain i would give anything,but its not that easy any more when u have arthritis, gout and have numerous surgeries on joints  repairing nerve damage. all the times i lied and said my pain was severe now it really is and my twenty tabs a day dont touch it when three would probably do the job just as prescribed.i have been to many rehabs and detox units but now this is a whole different ball game no ins. doctors tell me that i need my meds i kinda got what i asked for the pills and the pain i made my first step today i turned my pills over to a very good friend and asked for help now i need to pray ever day every hour i no i can do this.
Your Family is going to be a lot more upset if they lose you to this addiction. I've never known anyone who could get clean without help. It sounds like you have a lot going for yourself. Tell someone you trust that you need help. I'll be praying for you.......PatyG
Wow,  There sure are a lot of us.  Not new to this but this has been the most difficult ever of quitting pills.  I am so sick of even hearing the word "pills."  I'm very glad i came upon this web site b/c today is day 2 of detox, feeling crazy physically and emotionally.  i needed to read the good, bad and ugly of it all.  i've been attempting to "quit" since April of this year every which way except to just stop and go thru it all.  Just as everyone else has mentioned, you lose your life to these friggin things.  The fear of facing the discomfort of detox (putting it mildly) is, i believe, what keeps us from quitting.  i don't like who i am any more, nor do i even know who i am any more.  i know the worst of it will be over soon, but i know i've got to get into action after this is over.  and yes, people to commit suicide on the pills and while detoxing.  The hardest thing besides going thru the sweats, diarrhea, massive anxiety, depression, hopelessness, etc, is loving me.  My heart goes out to everyone b/c i KNOW your pain.  
Im tryin to wean myself off the blue roxies, is it even possible? I've only been taking two to three a day. Thing is it started off year or so ago taking perks and vics for fun. Never consistently until I came across these little blue pills. Feedback please
I like your post. I have been trying to quit for a while now too. Its has come down to that I have no choice. I can't get them anymore and I am not going to start buying them off the street. Just gotta go cold turkey starting tomorrow. ugh.
I am really scard and not looking forward to the detox from hydrocodone. I have abuse it for a long time, 10 years or more and started someone I love abusing it to. Started on the 5/500 and now on the 10/650. I have no choice but to quit cold turkey. I may change my mind tomorrow and call my family doctor for help but for now I am going to tough it out. I couldn't get anymore now anyway because all the pharmacies are checking DL and they can see pharmacy i have been to. I have been trying to cut back because I knew this day was coming but I sure wasn't prepared! Please say a prayer for us. I know I will be praying a lot. God will help me through this! I know I have to suffer but He will help me. God Bless all you that have made it and those of you still toughing it out. I will pray for us all!
That's what i like about reading all of these comments.  We're all in this together, so to speak.  Today is the end of day 3 (detox) and i feel MUCH better.  Still pretty weak but i've had glimpses of the old me.  Hang in there.  Don't give up on you.  These narcotics are so very addicting and cunning.  It still amazes me at what always ends up happening.  Life on pain meds ALWAYS  gets worse.  Always.  It is insane!  I ended up checking online for pills anonymous meetings.  There is a website that shows a list of meetings nationally.  There's not a lot of them.  I'm lucky, there are 2 in san diego and i am going.  if you can get assistance from your doc, why not ask.  if not, you can still do it.  it does suck, that's for sure.  i've never sweat so much in my life.  i had to change my pjs 6 times last night.  Crazy!  i am willing to do this.  i've had it and the only way to get to the other side, is to go  through it.  keep reading this website.  it helped me.
I'm 38 and I have been on lortab 10's for over 7 yrs to help with Fibromyalgia pain. I wanna stop because I'm slowly killing myself. I'm tapering off but I'm in a lot of pain and I'm having withdrawals. What can I do?
         In pain!!!!!
Hey KariNpain - welcome!

Good for you for deciding to quit.  There are a ton of things you can do to help ease the withdrawal.  You just have to stay committed to your decision and deal with the pain/suffering for a little while.  And then you'll be OUT of this mess for good.  You need a good plan, and a strong support system.  And aftercare.  The MOST important thing is AFTERCARE.  Whether that means meetings, a therapist, whatever works for you.

And also - you may want to post a new question and create your own thread.  Members tend to respond more to new threads than some of the older ones so I think you might get a lot more support from everyone by doing that.

Good luck to you and welcome!  :)
Hi all im addicted to perc 30 daily  over 300 mgs a day i want to quit si bad but cant deal.
with the withdrawls. I cant sleep eat or nething  weening off is not an option 4 me . Im going to go cold turkey 2 morrow wish me luck ill b posting often azz i get outta bed thanx all !!
Need your help guys... Been taking tramadol for best part of a year coz I found they suppress my appetite and help me loose weight! Now I've run out, day 1 today and I feel awful, sweats, leg cramps and tearful! Im not gunna take another pill ever again... I have 3 children... How cud I get like this!! How long will I feel this bad? Feel useless! I feel such a failure! Even told my husband last night ... He had no idea...
Hi 1smk.  Tramadol is the devil!  I was told by my doctor tramadol is not addicting.  WRONG!  I too am detoxing from tramadol.  Today is day 5.  The first 2 days were very hard for me.  Still weak and sweating like crazy at night.  I am so glad i was able to finally quit them.  I've been addicted to narcotics (pills) before but tramadol has been the most difficult.  Good you got it out in the open.  If you can get some help to come off the pills then do it.  i had to go cold turkey, no insurance any more.  It's worth the pain to quit, at least for me.  I couldn't feel any more and that is painful.  Hang in there, you are not alone.  This website has helped me b/c i can see there are a lot of us and it helps me to know i'm not alone.
Look I'm gonna keep it real I've done way more than my fare share of pills and all of them are gonna be difficult to detox from. Check it don't waste your money on OTC 's to keep you from felling the pain of detox all it's gonna do is prolong the process so take a week off work and strap in for a ride but on day 7 your head will be clear and you'll have your life back it can be done because I did it .
Hi.  I'm a mother of a three your old girl.  Recently divorced from my very abusive husband.  Been doing 30-40 mg of Perc 10's for about 3-4 months now.  Have incurred debt that I cannot afford and a habit.  I'm scared of quitting, but I'm 36 hours into it now and I'm not going back.  I'm going to fight my way through this.  I need to be my old self again.  I cannot spend 500-600 dollars per month on pills.  They are ruining my life. I'm scared.  Feel like crying, but have no idea why.  I'm taking Advil and drinking water.  I'm hurting but what is going on my head is really bad too.  I'm scared of failing.  I'm scared of falling short.  This is not the life I want for myself, but I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do.  I'm not sure how long this goes on for and when will the worst be?  I'm one of those people that likes to know what they are up against and the best way to battle the mountains.  I know that for me...I am tough.  I have already come through so much.  I just need to know reasonable expectations and any advice would be appreciated.  I guess that is al.  Thank you.  
I have degenerative disk disease as well as nerve complications with this. I am currently taking 4 10/325 pecocet (percocet) per day. The longer i am on this medicine at this dose the less it seems to control my pain. I do not want to ride this ride anymore yet I do not want to be in pain all day everyday. The doctors all have different opinions and you can never be sure if you move if a new doctor will even renew the meds you have been on for years. It is a nightmare and no-one seems to realize that we are actual people with lives and families. I have been called a pill seeker and been treated horribly through my fight with chronic pain.
First of all, I don't know what moron told you that you haven't been taking them long enough!  That's a crock right there.  It doesn't take long to begin with.
It's a shame that you have no one to take you seriously while you're crying out for help.  You need to find support asap.  And if you have insurance, then you need to use it.  I called a number back in 05 , it was a small ad in the yellow pages of all places and it said ''choose life''..so I called it and I had a choice of either the WPB area in Florida or somewhere in Pennsylvania.  I live in the southeast so I flew into WPB.  They paid for my flight, and took care of the rest for the next 45 days.  Actually they took care of everything as soon as I said yes, they made the flight arrangements, all I had to do was show up.  It was Behavioral Health of the Palm Beaches.  There are so many places that want to help you, believe that.  And I found the most wonderful people in rehab. Go figure, but you do. You will meet people with similar problems such as yours, and more importantly, you'll be able to talk to someone who understands.
I was addicted to hydrocodone, percocets, and stupidly thought I would cure myself with methadone, well that didn't happen.  So I went into rehab with a methadone habit.  Call someone and don't stop calling until you get someone who will help you. If you don't have insurance, keep looking, there is help out there. Don't give up.  Good luck and God bless
Hi Everyone- I spent quite a while reading through everyone's posts and I have to say it brought me some comfort knowing I am not alone in this absolutely insane addiction. I struggle with Narcotics, Alcohol and Compulsive gambling...needless to say I have had quite a journey.  I am 41 yrs old and started using pills, for a very short time when I was 19...no problem to stop.  In 2000, I went into AA.  Out of the last 11 yrs have been sober 8 but have relapsed many times.  Two years ago I started with Tylenol #3 and progressed through most narcotics.  Last year I was taking 30- 30mg perc's a day and occasionally using the liquid form (not exactly sure what the name)  I was also on butabital for severe tension headaches.  Long story short-that was thee worst withdrawl (withdrawal) I could of imagined.  You think that would of been my bottom but as of today- I take between 20-30 pills a day and the insanity of this addiction is the one I struggle with the most.  I have detoxed at home so many times it's ridiculous and I know the things to take to ease the symptoms.  I have become scared at this point that my health is going to fail.  I have 3 kids, I lost my husband last year to cancer after he returned from Iraq so I am all my kiddo's have.  I am simply requesting that if you pray, please add one for me.  I know there is great power in prayer and I believe that putting myself in God's hands is the only way I am going to be successful at overcoming this.  Thanks for reading.  My name is Tricia.
I have been on 3000 mg of oxy for at least 5 years and little less since 1996,because of a work accident and now wcb wont pay for the medication any more I did for a while but at $5500 a month I was broke after a few months,and now I cant afford my oxy so I have to stop cold turkey fromm 3000mg,please tell me more of how you did it.
thank you
Erika don't feel ashamed its normal to relapse. But what I want you to focus on is getting better me myself I been off of pain pills for 8 years and I don't get the craving anymore but what you have to do is look at yourself and decide what's more important your long term health or the pain pill? Once. Your off you have to keep having pep talks with yourself. And believe that you can do it . After the 1st week of being clean your brain will make you think you need it. But keep telling yourself you don't. Also try detox green tea. Works great and good luck to you and wish you the best!!
Im addicted to vicz bout 7 aday 357s and im very depressed i want to get off this merry go round i to plan everything around pills i am also a single mom of 6 so detox in a hospital is no way possiable what can i do to start my own detox
Hi Cincy,You should go up to the top left of this page and click on post a question.If you do that you will get alot more help as this is a very old thread and not many people look at it.There are alot of people on this forum to help and support you through this.You can do it but there is no easy way out.The withdrawal will be about five days and there are alot of tricks supplements and otc meds that can make this alot more comfortanle for you.You can do this
Hey oxy-BD, i have been right where you are. I am now a clinician who treats addicts to sex-offenders. Your last sentence said, tell me what to do...this means in my book you want to have a real talk..you found the right guy. To affect change you must consider your own role, and this takes ownership. Here is the real talk...do not feel as if you are a junkie...YOU ARE A JUNKIE. Denail of this will lead you to everyplace except away from you addiction. When you get clean, t seems as tough the feelings willnever change because "high", what was once abnormalcy, is now normalcy, and "sober" which was once comforting is now the most uncomfortable place in history. Remeber, if you can be conditioned in one direction, it can be reversed. It will change!!! and you will like it better than "high", in fact you will one dAY SOON DESPISE "HIGH". THERE ARE MANY FACTIONS TO YOUR DENIAL...here is a major one...i can never stop because of my pain...except that your pain was once half of what it is now. i know this because i know what most users do not know....using opiates drastically increases your  lever of pain, while raising your bodys threshold to accept pain meds...If you weign yourself off, after a period of rebound pain,
your pain will decrease up to 80%...you are in a constant state of dehydration, withdrawl (withdrawal), mineral deficiencies, muscle cramps (that dont present as cramps), etc while you are using and in pain...this is why your pain problem has become a pain plantation, growing as fast as you will plant new seeds. The largest question is this " you done being high yet?"  Until you answer this one, you have no road to begin walking down. Make no mistake about real talk when you are considering this type of change and that is this. Gi on vacation to florida in your car, take no money and 10 gallons of gas and i will promise you a certainty within and around all the assertions of denial and non-acceptance because you want to go to floria so bad----you will not make it....keep going down this road within your denial and with plenty of gas for your car called desire and-----you will not make it son. Decide to live, no matter what. Decide that this must include dropping the denial dressed in sheeps' clothing of a real pain problem 9
which im sure you have) and deciding you done being high....stick it out and i promise you will see daylight! and it will seem brighter and 100x warmer than the fictitious sun of morphine delirium.
Hello all!!! I have been taking Tramadol for over 5 years. I know many people say that Tramadol is harmless and nothing like Oxycontin and others; however it still causes problems. I do not have the psychological addiction issues but the problem Im having getting off of them is the physical withdrawl (withdrawal) symptoms. It is agonizing and it makes me take my next dose everytime I try detoxing on my own. I have children at home and a full time job in the medical profession, so I cannot afford to take almost any time off to sleep the withdrawl (withdrawal) off. I was thinking of rapid detoxing at home with Naltrexone to speed up the process from 3-7 days to 3-7 hours. I can definitely take a whole day's worth of that, much easier than a whole week. Another think I was considering is Suboxone treatment, which I heard can be effective, however Im not sure I want to go from a non controlled med to a c3. Im extremely sensitive to narcotics. As a matter of fact Tramadol was my choice due to the lack of side effects from it. It does not make me tired, amped, strange, or not like myself. I do not feel any change other than the relief of pain. Because I have been taking it so long, I have gotten to very large doses, which is causing me to have to order this from online pharmacies, which is super expensive. Has anyone tried the Naltrexone or Suboxone ideas? I really want to stop by the end of January 2012. I welcome anyone's help or ideas. I would really prefer to handle this at home and not in a rehab setting. I do not have the time for that at work or with my children.  
hi, a friend of mine was in the same situation, and she finally asked the doctor to prescribe a pain patch,which helped cause its not as easy to abuse or over medicate like many do with the pills. try that, stay away from the pills they can be evil!
Hi there -

We just want to note that it is really important to discuss all pain management options with your doctor, and that switching to another form of pain medication is only a good idea if you have real pain issues, as does oxybeautifuldisaster.

This is one of those "don't try this at home" deals, unless you are working with your doctor directly.

Emily
I want be on here for long because I am so sick. Has anyone had any good results from a rapid detox center. I know of one in Florida called Rapid Detox Center. I have their brochure and have spoke to them, but I don't know if it would work. I also find it strange they accept apsolutely no insurance and it's cash up front.
Go to the top of this page and click on the box that says Post a Question.  That way you will have your own thread as this one is old.  The Rapid Detox plan can be very dangerous and leave you feeling worse than you do now.

I just done that, but I don't see it. Will try again. Thank You So Much
I was on hydrocodone 10/350 for 26 years. I didn't become addicted until about 3 years ago. I have poured bottles of it down the drain. In the end, I was chewing up to 14 pills a day. My best advice for you is to stop now. Even if you have to check into a detox center, do it now! The doctor there, will then prescribe you some non-narcotic medicine that takes the edge off. But since you haven't been addicted for a long time, it should be easier for you. Please, stop taking them now. It will pay off for you.
Omg. Thank gosh there are other people going through this too. I should have been off painkillers since Monday. Well thats what my family thinks.  I want help. I know I have a problem. I have no family and my godmother found me an had had me under her wing ever since. I know cause I had back problems I just couldn't stop. So for a cpl days I took 1 15mg 2x a day for 2 days then since that I tool 1/2 2x a day. Yesterday and today I took 1/2 15mg. I broke down and took a half vucoprofin 7.5 last night. I only have 1/2 15mg roxycontin, 1 vicoprofin
Omg. Thank gosh there are other people going through this too. I should have been off painkillers since Monday. Well thats what my family thinks.  I want help. I know I have a problem. I have no family and my godmother found me an had had me under her wing ever since. I know cause I had back problems I just couldn't stop. So for a cpl days I took 1 15mg 2x a day for 2 days then since that I tool 1/2 2x a day. Yesterday and today I took 1/2 15mg. I broke down and took a half vucoprofin 7.5 last night. I only have 1/2 15mg roxycontin, 1 vicoprofin, and a flexeril left. What do I do. I am supposed to start an outpatient drug program Tuesday. But my suboxone appt doesn't happen till the 21st. That's almost two weeks away!!! I really don't want my newly found family to ve disappointed in me. I'm so lucky to have them. WHAT TO DO!!! Bigmistake, I feel your pain how are you doing lately. This is my first time on this site or ever doing a forum.
Mi fiance is addicted to percosets vicoden lortab anything hydrocodone..he has been for 4 years these last 2 taking them by mouth hasnt gotten them high so hed crush them...he weighs 105 and is 27 yrs old...the most hes done is 20 perk tens in one day and still wanted more...im scared for him...this last week he has desided to stop the first few daus.it was 4 tabs n like 7 benzo...smh...going into day 3 this morning no tabs just xanax or any other benzos evenuscle relaxers...i fear this is good for him and hospital help isnt a option for him..he was up half the night leg cramps sweats diarrea (diarrhea) attitudes says it makes him ferl like hes confused he dont kno weather he wants yo eat or not sit or stand that kindof confused any opinions please...
I have been taking prescription pain meds for over 5 years now on and off. I'll stop and then go back,... I have recently obtained Subxone. A friend of mine was prescribed a BUNCH of them for his addiction, and after realizing he didn't need even CLOSE to as much as the doctor prescribed, he suggested I try them for 1 week ONLY and see how they worked. ( I know it's a bad idea not getting from a dr.) but there is a 6 month waiting list and I need my life back, and with the holidays coming I need my $ too!

I have been taking suboxone for 3 days now, and I have no withdrawal OR cravings.However, I'm not a MORON, this doesn't get you HIGH, but it's obviously trading ONE addiction for another b/c I'm going to have to get off this too eventually. I have taken a total of 4 milligrams in those 3 days- 1/2 of a sublingual film. If I stay at this dose for 2 more days, and taper, how bad will the withdrawal be? From experience only please, I don't need any bashing about how I obtained them.
I'm literally trying the same thing as you~ this is my 2nd day on suboxone and have taken a total of 7mg(4yesterday-2mg at a time&3today). I want SO badly to be off of opiates again- all I'm trying to do is ease the withdrawl (withdrawal) so I won't be tempted to keep letting myself run back to the hook. I'm broke & I just don't want this life anymore. I wanna be free from this vice! Good luck!! We CAN do this!!
Day 2 CT. I am a 60 year old guy that does this not for pain but to get high. I have lost all respect for my self and no one in my family has any idea what I am going through. I weened myself from about 10 10mg perc daliy to nothing. Boy do I feel terrible.
D.B.
Day 3 Cold t. Losing it a little. Called my doctor to see if they can help at all. I am flying half way around the world on Tues which is why I want this to end. Any body have any ideas?
I am 40 yrs old and have rheumatoid arthritis and fibromyalgia.  I have been taking 4 20 mg oxycontin and 2 tylenol 3 a day for about 3 years.  I too right now am about 5 days away from my refill and I have just taken my last 2 pills.  I totally empathize with your struggle as I also take a couple more or even 1 more a day feeling totally entitled NOT to suffer another minute of pain BUT by the end I am kicking myself, feeling like a total loser and cause my own suffering.  I will go see my doctor early and advise him that I went through my prescrip early...as I can no longer go through the withdrawals...they absolutely KIILL me..trying to work an 8 hour day and get through is horrible...hot baths and a few tokes is all that I do to maintain...my dr. advises me to not w/d and see him honestly when I out..he doens't want to give me more 'cause I'll just go through them..its a damn circle of sickness and pain.  I wish I could get off the train but I need the meds to get through my illness....I soooo empathize..but please go see your DR. he will give you what you need and then you can ask for something to get off of the meds slowly..I will thinnk of you.
I'm a 32 year old sickle cell anemia patient, and as you all may know this disease is inherited and I will also die with it. My first hospitalization was as an infant and I recall carrying narcotics to High School with me so i've been on narcotics for quite some time now. I'm so ready to detox, and I know I will still have flare ups, but can anyone suggest detoxing steps/tools to make this transition as least dramatic as possible? Herbs, vitamins, nutrition, baths, exercise, anything? Thanks
I have degenertave arthritas is my lower bback , I've been on 15mg oxy's for times a day,for over 5 yrs now, my tolerance had me taking 6 15mg a day, I'm ahamed I've been in the ER twice for narcodic withdrawls & dehydration.I have cronic (chronic) pain, I took the first step on Dec 12 by telling my doctor I need to be weaned off. They can sure dish it out, but when your labeled as a narcodic abuser its quite inbarrising. You must drink lots of water, alcohol can bring on the process of withdrawls if you run out early of your pain meads. Now I must taper off, I've been on every kind of non narcodic pain meads , and they are crap. You must not do excessive amounts, cause if you run out , you're sicker then hell. Syntoms are dehydration,puking, dierra, can't any thing down not even water, when all you do is vomit vial your potassim can become very low to the point you can die, trust me I've been there. Its a very dependant drung wether your in pain , or not. I hope I can survive the tapering off. I start Dec 16 2011, oxy's are the only drug that ever controlled me. I'm trying to save myself. Wish me luck. I'm also gonna talk to my doc who I can trust if he can wean me off with the drug called Symboxin its to treat withdrawls.This process is gonna be real hard for me cause I've been dependant for over 5 years. I'm strong person, and I know there are so many like me out there. We can fight this, we can be stong, I'll stay in touch about my tapering off treatment. Fingeres crossed. First of all I took a huge step addmitting I need to get off oxycodon 15mg. Peace out good luck to all of you  
Is anyone online that can answer my questions
I have been on perks and Oxy for 5 years now. And I trust in my Angels and in my religion which is Wicca. Or pagan as it is the custom word in scotland, Ireland, etc..I have had cronic (chronic) pain most of my life even as a kid.  I have come to find out that my left leg is an inch shorter than my right, and I have 4 birth defects in my lower lumbar spine.  I used to take up to 10 perks a day, and up to 4 20mg of Oxy.  I take it by mouth I have never snorted it.thank the Angels. Since I have had this last surgery they took out 3 inches of my tailbone.  I am down to 2 oxy a day and 4-6 perks a day.  I never really considered myself addicted,  It was actual pain, some pple labled me an adict.  I have with my magic and faith in it managed to get down to 4-6 perks a day and 2 20mg of Oxy How I do it is I find if I keep my mind busy then I don't really think about it.  I do stained glass which is very rewarding i can make beautiful things with simple coloured glass :)
And this may sound crazy but b/c I am Wicca I do something with the mind. I light a candle and stare at the flame for a few minutes and then I close my eyes.  And you should see an image of the flame still. Put yourself into the flame mentally and ask for help not to abuse and use. And just have faith and  beleive it works it is a type of magic I do often :) Because I actually need the medication for pain as I am sure you do require some sort of pain management.  You just need to get strong and believe in yourself.
I actually smoke a little pot too it will help with pain managaement.  And most doctors here in Canada would sooner you use pot rather than man made pills.
i wish you great adventures in your future.
Lots of Light Eileen ^j^
Thank you so much for your encouragement.  I am a Christian and everything you said makes perfect sense.  I have been on pain pills for 3 yrs.  I recently had major neck surgery and still recooperating.  I hate myself on these pills.   from hell.  I have a beautiful 11 yr old daughter who has landed a modeling/actor career and a great husband of 21 yrs.  I have to be there for them and I have to be me again.  I pray for your illnesses, please pray for me.  
God knows every tear...............Bless you and Merry Christmas
Jackie/Nashville
***@****
Totally agree.. Sub is not the answer unless you are using very heavily.. It's a harder drug to detox from.. I speak from experience .. But everyone different.. I know if I had my time again I would never have agreed to suboxone....,..
Hello all, I do feel your pain, I have taken lorcet 10-650, lortab, 7.5, norco, both of them oxycodone, Oxycontin, omg so many more, I am in my 2nd week of nothing, quit cold turkey, and I just wanted to share there is nothing easy about getting off narcotics, I was take be of 22 knee surgeries, born with bad legs, broke my back, had a great job I had to leave, I still have another back back surgery to go through, yeah I am scared as heck, Ohhh I did want to say I did try the subs and oh my I had a hallucinations, so glad I had enough about myself no-one got hurt, although I did get my gun out, finding out it was all an hallucination, thank god! I too have degenerative disc disease, and osteoarthritis, I am still wondering what to take for the pain, the over the counter is a laugh to me sorry to say  
I have been addicted to percocet for over a year now. I am a server and my anxiety was becoming worse so it was effecting my job a friend of mine gave me a quarter of a 30 mg perk it made me so happy and helped me preform so much better it snow balled on me now I'm up to 4 or 5 30 mg a day I can't move without it I hate that I do this I've lost a lot and a lot of money 1 dollar per mg yeah but I can't not work I can't not take them to work it feels as if every move I make is forced I can't take it anymore I went to the ER and they did nothing I can't save the money cause I can't go a day without it. I don't know where to turn
wow!! you are inspiring me to the MAX... ANYTHING is possible with God that's for sure :)
Been down this road sooooo many times its never easy.... Sure theres a reason we have all wound up here.  It feels good for now but if you keep dancing with the devil you have to pay the piper. I sure have done my dancing with the devil. And Its not worth it. Been on and off RX for years clean 2 days off opiates. and its still tough been able to keep foods and water down.

My tricks to help cold turkey
1 immodium Ad
2. benzos / muscle relaxers for the first 3or4 days.
3. hot hot baths or showers.

4. Lots of fluids, water, gatoraid, vitamin water. etc.
5. No Cofffee or Caffeene try to stay away from  bad sugars!
6. SMOKE Lots and lots of weed! Smoke until you don't care anymore.
Some people say drink a beef or two but I don't think that will help in the long run.
7. If you have the energy to stretch or do yoga. this will help your aches and restlessness.
Also if you have a tennis ball or a golf ball you can rub your feet with it it helped re leaf some leg aches for me.
tell every one you have the flu.... a really bad flu and stay away... unless they know what your going through.

If you are going to taper off maybe a friend can distribute them out for you or else you might wind up in trouble trying to taper. I just don't have the will power to do it myself.

Hi, I am 43 old male, I read your post, I cant imagine the strength you have inside to go to where you've been. I made a post because I was afraid that i would abuse my meds. I have never really done anything. When I read your post I could see the house, I could feel the cold wind, it sounds crazy and I am not one to talk to strangers, but cant help but say. you are awesome I know you have been through terrible things. I pray God will comfort you and help you to a better life. I have to ask what does it feel like to get to a point where others don't make you feel bad on the inside. I would love to get to a point to where I know myself! I am not sure what to say, I read the post and could imagine being where you were at. I have always let people walk over me , i was afraid I might hurt there feelings and they would not like me.it sounds crazy I know but I have been that way since my mom died at my age of 15. I cant imagine being as strong as you to go through what you have gone through. I just had to say something, I am not sure why please forgive me if I have said something wrong. your story would be an awsome story in a book.it would help others. God bless you,
Dave  
Hello, My name is Pierrot. I understand your pain. I had been addicted to opiates for years and detoxed back in 1990. Stayed away from opiates for many years in using the recovery 12 step program. then was diagnosed with an illness which I have been undergoing on a form of treatment ( chemo) which caused joint inflamation (inflammation) throughout my body. The pain was terrible. So after being opiate free after all these years, I had no choice to take medications. I live in shame and fear of the addiction again.I feel like my life has been taken away from me. I am costantly being judged by my family and friends. After 21 years of recovery. Even when i walk into the pharmacy I feel as if they treat me like a druggy off the streets. I have decided to ween myself off the medications. With the assistance of my doctor and freinds. I give them the power over all my medication and they only give me what daily dose i need for that day. It has not been easy but I have to say its been painless and with the exception of night sweats and some GI upset. I will be opiate free in one week. Just do it slowly. If your taking say 100 mg a day. Decrease the dosage at 5 mg a day, every 3 days decrese it again 5 mg. its been working for me. I will have my life back and you will too. The key is let someone you trust give you just the required daily dosage until you are over the withdrawl (withdrawal). Eat all the time take vitamins and drink alot of fluids to help flush it out of your body. I also drink boost 3 times a day for additional nutrients and vitamins. If you are unable to do it on your own. Seek a medical professional to help you. Or a detox center. I know you can. But I found you can not have any medication in your own possesion. Give someone total control. Its not easy but it works. Good luck!
I am currently tryin to wean off a big dosage of percoset a day to save myself from losing everything and I think I have moved too quick I went two a day for two Weeks 1 a day for two Weeks and now made it to a half a day but I am still having the terrible wds any advice cause I relapsed today and took two thirties. Shoould I have made it over a long period of time..... I was taking up too 200 to 300 mgs of Roxy/percocet a day
I have also quit twice before just to relapse both times it was cause I moved and just couldn't get em and not cause I wanted to quit but now I want to quit so I hope this time dont last like those . Because I did not wanna quit those two times I became depressed and the wds never quit
anyone still on here! I need advice - i just had a baby 4 mo ago was not on pain meds during pregnancy i actually was on subs i hads c section and got put on perc 10's 8 a day but i am taking 25 a day terrible- i go thru 240 in a week or 10 days its terrible - i am weaning i went from friday taking 300 mg to sat taking 80 mg to today taking 30 mg and i have 3 30 mg pills left im scared i have my newborn and i took a week off work i just ned to get off these pills i do NOT want to clouded or taking anything anymore i should have never even took anything after my c section - i feel so mad at myself but i know i can do it - i took immodium and am trying to get ahold of 2-3 xanax to get me thru the next 3 days im basically having w/d symptoms going from a 300 mg a day habit to 30 mg i feel like death - anyone ohaver any feedback or advice how long pwill i feel like ****?
I am starting to get off of these danm pain killers! I have never been addicted to anything but ciggs . I went to my Dr. and said it was time I still have pain so she put me on gabbepentin a nerve and pain pill that you cannot end being dependent on. I have been doing ok but I still just wanna take a a narcotic . I see many of you have been successful and that is AWSOME!  I will be there soon and I  will also update :)
Thank you so much for what you wrote! it is helping me so much!
I just want to say I think this is great, that everybody is sharing what advice they learned for themselves, in hoping that somebody else might use some/all/ whatever they need. I am a recovering alcoholic, and I know what detoxing is like! In fact, I can't stand the sight of a warm bath anymore, now that I'm sober, because it just reminds me of the nights I would take warm baths, at 3am,  to try to stop the shakes so I could go to work in the morning. Ugh. What abuse I put my body through. All I have to add, is that anybody who is going through the hell, or unpleasentness (whereever your at) of detox now, is DON'T FORGET THIS EXPERIENCE. I'm serious. Whenever I think I may want to go on a little mini-binge, (which could easily turn into a week long binge) I always make myself think of those days of having to sober up and detox. How I was shaking so hard I couldn't even lift a spoon or cup to my mouth, my stomach shrinking from lack of food, my mind completely destroyed, and being racked with guilt because my elderly mother was watching me kill myself, and who would take care of her? Whatever hell your going through, it can be used over and over again to keep you straight. Even if you relapse, don't give up. Don't give up
! And yes, prayer helps above everything! God bless everyone!
hello, i was reading your story , my brother has been taking norco 10/325  for about 3 years for his back he decided about 5 days ago he didn't want tostop taken the pain pills anymore they where controling his life , his dr has wrote out the script your talking about to help him with but his ins has  got to first approve it . i'm confused he had a good day yesterday his 4th day then today his 5th day with out anything he has had a very hard day sick at his stomach , body hurting , i thought as each day went by it would get easier for him , is this normal ? i heard after 4 or 5 days you where feeling better . i also read that the medication they give u to help u that u can get hoot on it , whats up with that ? please write me any advise will greatly help me , a worried sister
He will find that everyday is different. For me, day five was good, day six not so good, but both were BETTER than day one, or the years I spent abusing the meds. I never used anything other than Gatorade, vitamins, a mild sleep aid, and exercise to help my physical and mental symptoms. Speaking of the mental side, he needs to be aware that, even when his body is feeling better, his mind may not. Be careful of expectations (I got caught unaware), but all will get better.
have you tried going to narcotics anonymous its really helped me ill tell u a bit about me i was using heroin from the age of 18 (now 30 have been clean for 3 years) i tried many many times many different ways to stop using i tried all kinds of medications ( diazepam nitrazepam zopiclones etc many more) i even went into detox 5 which is where they put you to sleep for five days then send you home with sleeping pills ive tried methadone programmes and subutex and i found that i could stop but i always picked up the drugs again because i wasnt dealing with the way i felt i could not stop i wanted to stop tried to commit suicide also tried to get myself commited but nothing stopped me until 1 day something just changed i had had enough i wanted to die i was on my hands an knees begging for god to let me die id hit my rock bottom then i spoke to my mum who is a member of alcoholics anonymous and my step dad who is also a member of aa and i got myself into a womens shelter (i had been living with an abusive partner) (my mum had offered me to move in there but had tried that many times before and always let them down and didnt want to do that again i wanted to do it myself so it meant something so i had worked hard for it) so my step day helped me work through the 12 steps of aa same for na just substitue the word alcohol for drugs and i havnt looked back since (i also attended na meetings where i found some really helpful supportive people who understood where i was and how i felt because they had been through similar experiences i met people who had only been addicted to weed and pills and people like me who had been addicted to heroin there where people there from all works of life rich and poor young and old but all with 1 common bond addiction) im not saying everything is perfect but its amillion times better that before i have a new partner whom i love and ive just had a baby girl and im able to care for my mother in law who has had a stroke because im now reliable i hope this has helped :)))))))))
thanks
What if you truly have pain? I am treated with chronic pain. I take at the most 30 mg a day of oxy. I read these forums and feel at a loss if I should feel quilty and punish myself for attemtping to deal with my pain in such ways. I have quit myself three times, not having too bad of a withdraw because I am on low dosage. Nevertheless, my pain was so horrid I couldnt even work or concentrate and ended up on my 30mg a day regimine. I need help and a confidant. Reading these stories somehow makes me feel like I am doing something terrible and guilt overrides my senses. Any advise would be appreciated. I will try and get through my day only taking one pill 10mg, and hope this suffices for masking my constant aching pain. Or, am I using so little it doesnt make much of a difference? After all, I am using less than I am perscribed, but I also hate depending on such a substance for avoiding pain :(      Letitgonow, how do you deal with your pain now that you are clean? Lostsoul
When I quit before, what worked best for me is this simple recipe

1. hot (as hot as you can take it) epsom salt baths

2. Vitamin B three times a day

3. magnesium packets that you mix with hot water (like a tea) twice a day (helps with resteless legs and twitches).

4. Exercise as much as possible. Especially when your body aches, it will help a lot trust me

5. Avoid stimulants such as coffee or nicotine

6. Your body is tricking you into thinking you must have an opiate...it will tumultuously work on all your nerves, causing anxiousness and hot flashes. Eat food with natural satls like chicken broth...the minerals help with nerve pains.You will feel like just laying on the couch because the fatigue is so terrible. All those things I mentioned above helped me get through those pains and ailments.

7. take natural sleep aids like melatonin or valarian root. Avoid any meds from doc as it will keep you in the addiction pattern. You will have fever symtpoms, night sweats, and restless legs, try a heating pad on lower back and sleep in ternvals...the forst 4-6 days is the toughest. Once your over this however, you will be a new person.

When you hit that peak, it will be like your brain just came out of a fog...life will begin anew.

Good luck
I too have been on opiates at least ten years. Four years ago I had Oxycontins added to my list of meds. I had Spinal Fusion Surgery and it made everything worse. I am going to the Drs. in one hour to see what her suggestions are. I don't go to the streets. I try very hard to keep my meds under control and last the 30 days.
I want my life back. I can't take it anymore!!! I would love to go thru the Waismann Method but the fee's are through the roof. They should make it affordable... Who wouldn't want to go through The Waismann Method???? If there is anyone out there that went thru this method feel free to comment.
I wish I could get someone wealthy and going through what we are going through to pay for this treatment. I have Ins. but of course they don't cover this procedure... I have my entire life in front of me and I want the old me back.

Kim
I just wanna say that I've been taking perks for about five years. It didn't matter which perks it was the 5mg,7.5mg,10mg, etc I would take any perk I can get my hands on and I would anything to be able to have money to get perks. But anyways long story short, I'm here to tell you that the best way to detox or to get rid of this **** that's killing you is to start taking Suboxone they are the best thing you can take. They come either in an orange pill or a orange strip. I personally would suggest the strip work faster and its a little but stronger. I was taking perks for five years and I wasn't taking 5 or 10 I was taking 30/50 pills a day. And I started taking the Suboxone for about a week and a half and this is the best I've felt since I started taking perks. Believe I'm not just saying this to just say out really works you just have to be mentally strong. Cause the physically urge won't be there but the mental urge might still mess with your mind. And by the way this Suboxone thing also works for whatever kind of  addiction your on. I know people who were on oxy's, dope or any kind of addiction and it also worked for them. So if anyone out there is trying to figure out a way to get off, of whatever it is. I promise that the Suboxone works but I personally recommend the strip even though the pill works just as good. So I hope that what I just said will hopefully help someone even if its just one person to get back to a healthy an normal life. Good luck to everyone and  just keep hope and know that y you can do it.
  I have recently Admitted to myself that I'm an addict.. I've takin painkillers on and off for about three years, And never had a problem coming off of them aside for being a lil tired and sore in the legs the next day(nothing serious and no cravings). I went on a beng for about two straight months and when i ran out of oxycodone i realized i felt like total crap mood swings, hot flashes,and back and leg pain along with sever fatige.
  I cant talk to anybody about how i feel because nobody understands, the people i have talked to seem to think i dont have a problem because i've managed to hold it together family, home, and work wise.
Reading this site has helped me understand im not alone or the only one going through this. so thanks.
I plan to start detox tomorrow morning and im not real worried because i can handle the wd symptoms fairly well on my own but my worry is HOW DO I TAKE CARE OF THE CRAVINGS???? Anybody listening i could really use some advice.
hope this helps but i dealt with the cravings many ways i spoke to people about it at na meetings they are very helpful and most are willing to listen and i just kept busy i watched films on telly and i read a book or went for a walk or went to see my nan who had dementia as i was helping to care for her or i cleaned the house and i smoked alot of cigarettes the point is i did anything that i could to get over the craving and i found that most of the time i started to do something and i forgot about the craving and then it came back so i did something else if you have any hobbies or things you like doing try that i hope this has helped you and good luck the cravings do eventually go not always as quick as we like but i promise you they do :))))
Ive been abusing painkillers for the past year and a half or so im taking vicodin or whatever i can up to 20 7.5 mgs a day  im at the point were if i dont stop i will loose my house im broke have no job and the only money i get instead of paying my mortgage payment i use it for pills im a mom of 4 kids ages 10, 8, 15 month old and a 4 month old baby. cold turkey is hard for me as i still have to tske care of my kids Ive tried it and in my third day i relapse i have the support of my boyfriend he is the only person aware of my problem
Thanks for the advice I'm going to take it. today was supposed to be my first clean day in many and i did really good with no ugly symptoms but for some reason when they were offered to me i accepted.. Is this normal or am i just another lost soul??
I guess I'm really not in the position to give advice, because im going thruogh the same issues. But dont give up!! I was taking Around the same amount of anything i could get my hands on a few months ago. And i found that tapering down really helps Im now down to about 2-3 oxy 7.5s a day. And feel that i'm as close to clean as i've been in a long time. I tapered off fairly fast to (no money). Its not to say i dident want more but it helped with the with drawl symptoms. The last time i stoped taking them all together the symtoms (symptoms) werent as bad as when i was taking higher doses ( not even half as bad). I hope this advice helps the hardest thing for me was not using my whole stash. Now the only symptoms i have when i come downis a lil fatige  but not bad enough that i cant funtion. it just *****. Now im battling the craving. But im now all caught up on bills and out of dept so maybe this can help you some of the way.
  Just remember people are alot stonger then they think. So it can be done!!
Ive been detoxing for 3 days now. I cant sleep and I keep looking all over the house for a pill, I keep hoping I dropped one somewhere. I lay in every position and I'm still sore. I regret the day I ever got addicted to these things. Ive been living from prescription to prescription. Hiding small amounts in different bottles like a squirrel hides nuts. My skin feels dry and I have bad stomach cramps. I hope this all passes I cant remember what its like to be normal. Its weird im actually able to feel the carpet under my toes and I can feel tissue paper in my hands.My body was so numb from the percocets that I hardly had feeling. One thing really helped a lot was to sit in a really warm bathtub.
you could try some buscopan for the stomach cramps that worked for me and as for not sleeping there isn't alot you can do about it i just watched some television listened to music and took hot baths this was all at silly times of the night then sleep when you can just try and remember this to will pass it wont last much longer and you never have to go through it again you can do it if i can anyone can i was told i was a hopeless case and ive been clean for 3 years :))) good luck
dont beat yourself up about it your not a lost soul just try again tomorrow :)))) i did this many times over 10 years before i finally stopped i got to the point where i thought i would never stop then i did so it can be done
my wife started off with a spinal infusion (mistake ) now she is addicated to morphen an oxycotin she also is very very depressed she stays in her room 24-7 shes eats what i fix and she is also is addicted to coca cola and cigarettes  i dont smoke and i dont drink coke our oldest daughter past away from drugs she was hooked as well i have 2 other daughters at home one is eight the other 22 neither of them take drugs and hate pills just as i do . i lost one member of our family and i feel im losing my wife and mother to our daughters  this has became very stressfull and im lost at to what to do i financially cant afford rehab centers and i dont know if they work and i dont want to have her in a place were she is just a number  i need help anybody please help me
I have read every post on here and I am shocked to now know that I'm not alone, but that there are others like myself that started using them because of the daily pain I live with due to my Multiple Sclerosis.  Like most people I started this on much lower doses. Then as time went by my doses increased up to 30mg Oxy's and also 15mg oxy's to take for breakthrough pain I might have. I want all of this to end so bad I can't even express.  And I am very depressed and even attempted suicide about a week before Xmas, because for the 1st time we didn't have any money to get even 1 gift for my 2 boys.  My parents recently found out what was going on and they want me to go to Rehab.  The problem is I live in Florida and my dad is in Texas.  He wants me and my youngest son 3 yrs old to goto Texas for approx 2 months so that I could go to rehab.  But that still leaves my 12 yr old home alone because my hysband works in the restaurant business so my parents plan is to take him 300 miles away where my mom lives and register him to go to school down there during this process.  I just can't live with having my family ripped apart. There plan would mean that my youngest and myself would be in TX with my dad, my oldest in Miami with my Mom, and my husband left home alone without anyone from our family.  I can't live with my family being uprooted and literally all of us torn apart from each other.  I asked my dad if he could come here to help us and I would go to rehab here but he said no.  He said if I want his help it's his way or no way.  But like I said I'm not going to let my family get torn apart when there are other options for me getting better without tearing everyone apart.  Does anyone have any ideas so I can end my addiction?  I really need and want help.

Sincerly,
Help Wanted!!!
Sweetie you are not alone, I too used to be on drugs and had to do everything on my own. The only thing that can help you is to cry out to Jesus. I know it sounds cliche, but He is the only thing that ever helped me. You are too young to be suffering like this, it's obvious that you are crying out for help. Please don't give up, get on your knees and cry out to Jesus. He loves you so much and want's to Love you for who you are. There is a place calledTeen Challenge and it is free. You cant worry about your family, if you die you can't help them anyway.
it wont be to bad but its not going to be all that easy if you just cold turky, cut back first
I'm 27yrs old and Ive been addicted to pain killers for 6yrs now. Just this past Nov after losing a good job and almost becoming homeless, I decided I had enough!! I went to a outpatient treatment center with methadone and it was amazing. The only thing is that it was just something else to get "hooked" on. I was on it until the end of Dec I was in a car accident and messed up my spine. The doctor right away gave me 60 perc's 10mg....they were gone in 4 days. The methadone blocks the pain killers and I didnt want to tell the doctor about the methadone, so I suffered. Im out of work for at least 2 months, maybe longer. Im so tired of this fight. My whole life is turned upside down. From the accident I'm looking at a good settlement and I want to turn my life around. Im on day 5 of the detox and as much as it *****....I gotta keep in mind, it wasn't always like this for me. A very wise person told me " as much effort as u put in to your addiction is the same amount of effort you put in to your recovery". That hit home for me. The power of your mind is an amazing place to start. You may feel defeated now but its how your looking at it. Change your thoughts, your life style, reward yourself and be happy with one day at a time. People it can happen!!!! Your not alone...trust me. You can fight this battle that wasn't always there or you can always give in and get the same outcome every time. There's help out there, you just gotta look for it. You can do this....
My first post here.In the 1990's i did a lot of partying and spent most of that decade addicted to alcohol,nicotine,cocaine,marijuana,etc. well anyway in late '99 i finally suffered early one morning from seizures and spent a couple weeks in the hospital and kicked addictions to alcohol,marijuana,cocaine and nicotine and i've never touched 'em since.Well two years later right around 9/11/01 i got in a bad car accident and my two years sober went out the window.I started taking painkillers like Vicodin and as the years went by i started running out early and suffering from withdrawals.The last couple years i've also gotten heavily into debt from having to buy pills when my script ran out.Also about two years ago i had a relative give me 120 percocet ten milligrams a couple times a month along with my other 120 vicodin i was taking and i was still running out early.i have gotten to where i then suffer withdrawals if i run out of money and this after taking around an average of 250 to 300 pills a month.I have a wife and two kids i'm not going to lie i just wish i knew how to kick this habit and be happy.
Well that's not to bad compared to oxycodone and what not, but it still is tough getting off of them. What I've learned is that you got to want it for yourself nobody else but you and that the pain of being the same has to be worse then the pain of changing, you just got to have a lot of support behind you and believe in your heart that you can do it.
I've been on every drug in the world in my life, and never have I had to deal with this type of withdrawal. About 10 years ago, because of a back strain, I had to have a MRI and was immediately put on a regular Morphine regiment. Now I'm up to 1/60 mg every 6 hours and 1/15 mg every 6 hours, and with the increased tolerance, it just gets more and more difficult to kill the pain. Now, I'm tired of this **** and started weaning down 3 days ago and completely quit yesterday. I have never been this sick in my whole life, I sure hope that I can make it through the 3 to 5 days until this starts to get better. At least this forum is here to make it easier to see that I'm not the only one in this predicament. Thanks for all the comments.
Im going threw withdrawls as we speak im on my second day with no norco thats been my drug of choice for almost 8yrs im only 30,im already feeling better the worst part is definatly work especially if u have a job where you stand on your feet all day like i do and most others lol,i got clean bout 2 years ago and relapsed due to back pain,yes yes yes it is hard its very hard i like alot of you cant bring myself to tell anyone about my "problem"due to being ashamed or being judged i even hide it from my girlfriend and the one befor her for 4years,but the first thing is to remember what life was like befor the drug,how going for a walk or to the park or anything you find difficult or impossable when u cant find ur drug or try to stop is,then try to remember how effortless it all was befor the addiction i struggle with these things so much and i feel horrible but remembering helps me fight becouse no matter how bad it feels there is a normal life waiting for us at the end of these brief suffering momments it feels like forever i know but the rest of our lifes are going to be alot longer and much happier,so please stay strong as i pray i do as well,i have a son who needs me and you all have someone who needs you to weather you relize it or not,good luck and best wishes to you all
I have been on Norco's for 8 years and Jan 1, 2012, I got baptized and joined a recovery group. I was taking 10-15 a day for quite a while, realized I had a problem and then cut down. THEN, my dad passed away, my usage jumped 20 plus a day. I went to a NORMAL Doctor and told him what was going on, apparently I was taking so many to do deal with denial and mental pain. I was prescribed Clonodine (blood pressure med), Libruam (anxiety med) and Requip (deal with RLS), I cut down from 10 a week, to 5 day and jumped ship with the above meds. Overall, it wasn't that bad except I did not sleep for 4 days straight. I was fine after that for 2 weeks and then started taking 1-2 norco a day again.. The depression, being out of sync with everything, energy, bad thoughts (all during those 2 weeks) took a toll on me big time. 1-2 a day is not bad compared to my history, but I am still taking them. That's where I am at, standing at the crossroads again, but with a little better map I guess. Any suggestions for permanent stop?  I have been using Kratom recently and it does help quite well, but still confused I guess with a solid game plan.
I am in need of. Some serious help I take about 25 to 30 pills of the 5/325 a day. I want to stop taking them. I admit I have an addiction please help me. How long does it take to detox. When I don't have any pills I buy them from the streets. I get very bad withdralls sweats chills etc... Please help me. I need serious help I' feel like I'm dying
Dear fellow supporters
I need major emotional support. I am a 35 year ofd mother of 2 beautiful children and I am now ready. I wasnt before.  I have taken opiates since I was a teenager.  And now the past 15 years I have been on hydros.  They have taken control and have gone thru Withdrawal before, but wasn't ready and just wanted to get relief, and would get so excited when i could finally get more.  Before i go on I have to apologize if I talk in length.  My husband is of no support. He always tells me lately I talk too much, or too fast,  or use my head.  God I hate when he says that.  I am not an idiot or stupid.  Just made really bad choices.  Anyway, He calls me a liar, selfish, and because I feel depressed and tell him i am depressed and all the things I  have gone through in my life, he just says I use that as a scapegoat to get away with everything.  He says I have had life too easy! I just want to cry.  My mom passed from cancer when I was 21 so I dont have her to lean on.  My husband has my dad against me too as they say you just have to do some hard work. That cures everything.  Well, first of all I have been working since I was fourteen.  Plus raise our children, do all the housework and yardwork, etc.  At this point, I dont know if the marriage will survive.  I went to a rapid detox, but the minute I came back he is screaming at me for all the money spent on my habit.  And before I forget, I didnt just start this to get "high"  as I have suffered from severe migraines since age seven and also have a lower back problem.  I was in a semi accident when I was a teenager.  So thats how this got started. Then life got more complicated once marriage came around, and kids, work, etc.  Also, my husband is the only man I have been with as he has been with me since I was a teenager and he has always known of my health problems and that I took medication.  It seems to me that he now only has a problem as I have just burnt out and can't keep everything perfect anymore and wait on him hand and foot.  So now he notices that and he has become vicious about everything.  So I relapsed here a couple months ago. But with what I have been through, I know I can do this and have the strength.  This last month I wasn't sure as my husband about had me ready to end it all. But  I am going to forget about worrrying about my husband and concentrate on my children. They need their mom.  And I am ready to do this.  I know God is watching and holding my hand, waiting for me to do this.   I am going to start weaning now.  But I dont want to take very long.  I am ready to get this over with.  Please, too, don't think I am using excuses or blaming others for my bad actions as I know I still am responsible for my actions and choosing to go back to the pills.  And these last couple of years before  I tried the rapid detox I really went crazy on the hyrdros.  Again, bad choice on my part, but life just was crumbling. I couldn't keep up anymore.  So no matter what my marriage situation is, I am not going to blame anymore.  I am now at a point of peace with myself.  How he wants to handle me is his problem.  So here I am.  Ready and willing to find anyone here to help and support me as well as any advice as I go through this.  I have a flexible schedule the next two weeks.  So I will check in several times each day.  Its so crazy because people are so quick to judge a book by its cover. Everyone looks at me like I am supermom.  From the outside I look like I take great care of myself.   I like to keep a smile no matter how I am feeling, and always look my best.  And to top it off lately my husband has been telling everyone my problem.  Nice support huh. I am hurting so badly on the  inside, so full of anxiety when my husband walks through the door.  I cry uncontrollably alot.  Please forgive me for jumping all over the place.  But I have a long history of using pain pills and so much more to say.  So I will stop for the night and check in with everyone tomorrow.  Please though I need a friend.  Sincerely, from a loving mother and person, but scared to death right now.  
Use Kratom, it's working for me right now. I was up to 20 norco a day and dropped to 5 a day and then 2. Kratom is online, just google it. Get the capsul bali and get it overnight. For me, I took at start, 20-25 kratom a day, it takes away 90% of the w/d. Sleeping is rough the first couple of days, but it's ONLY temporarily = don't forget that. After 1 week, you take 10-15 kratom a day and so on. There is Kratom Tea which I heard is more powerful and easier on the stomach. WORST case, go to the doctor or ER and tell them your story. The BEST 3 meds for w/d is clonodine (blood pressure med, you'll need it) Requip (get's rid of the restless legs and arms) and Librum (controlled med, but helps with anxiety and calms you down, at least take 50mg, limit per day on that RX is 300mg, so you are in the clear. If you go the RX route, it will take 3-4 days. The Kratom route will take a month, but much less painful and no doctor interaction. FYi, I have been taking them for LONG time just like you, I went through everything starting 1.1.12, doing ok too. Just keep telling yourself, its only a temporarily thing.  
Thank you for your help.  i ordered the kratom and should be here by thurs.  I am so scared.  I go through the day right now, Knowing what the right thing to do is. But how much easier said than done.  I just need a friend, or friends, and here is where I feel I will find the best support.  Everyone in my life now is unsupportive, thinks I am completely selfish, don't care, and should just "work it off"   So every morning I wake up with such depression, not wanting to get up.  But I do. I do it for my kids.  I get them off to school and go about my day like nothings wrong. Like I said, on the outside everyone thinks things are great.  They are not.  My husband is completely off limits anymore to talk to.  So thank you for taking time out of your day for advice.  I will keep in touch and let you know how things go.  I have to remember as you said, the bad feelings, withdrawals, etc are temporary. Its just that after you've been on pills for so long, you can't imagine not being on them. I feel pathetic.  But I know I have a lot more inner strength than I think.  Please reply even if its just to talk.  Thank you so much.  
I was on them for a long time, years... then tried Kratom. I am 6 days with out any RX's and doing AOK, just remember it works. It does not take 101% of the w/d, but darn close. If you feel the urge, take kratom, one at a time until you feel alright. I was in the same boat as you and seeing the light. It will take a while to feel 100% but kratom is legal and you can get it anytime. Worst case, take Ibuprofen for headache and before going to sleep. You got a solid step forward, so you are good to go. You will be impressed with the Kratom, no worries - safe ride and most importantly, ENJOY it!
I have been prescribed hydrocodone/norco for over a year now for chronic migraines and ovarian cysts and a whole host of other medical issues.  I have pain everyday and take my pain meds everyday.  I have recently found myself "doubling up" most days and running out way too soon.  I have a friend who also uses norco and I recently refilled her prescription without her knowing so that I could get through until mine was due.  I want to know, is it possible to get myself back to the prescribed dosage without some form of rehab?  I am not a junkie, I have 3 kids and a wonderful home and husband and job.  This has not in any way affected my ADL other than to make it possible to do everything every day without pain.  My friend is understandably VERY angry with me.  Please help!
isanyoneoutthere

4 hours
To: isanyoneout there

This post is 9 years old and the original members are no longer active here. Please go to the top of this page and hit the orange Post A Question button. Follow the instructions to start your own thread and let the members get to know you and your situation. There is great support here.

If you need help just give a shout and someone will guide you through this. Hope to see you in the forum.
I am soooo with you in your dilemma.  I have been on 60 mg of Lortab and 30 mg of MS Contin for 2 years.  I feel the same way that you do.  Some days take more meds to get through and I end up short 3 or 4 days.  I start getting nervous when I get down to 4-5 pills, just like an addict.  I'm not even sure which is worse, the actual pain in my back and neck, or the withdraw, daily, when my body tells me it's time for another pill. I'm so over this roller coaster ride.  Not to mention the cost when I buy them on the street to cover my "short supply"  It's ridiculous and I too am tired of feeling like a junkie.  

And as far as suboxone goes.  I do NOT recommend that to anyone.  It only gets you off of your pain meds just to get your body addicted to a different drug.  Believe me, it's the EXACT same feeling and the EXACT same results.  I know because my husband had to get himself off my pain meds and went to a dr. that prescribed it.  It's no less addictive and your body does not need it any less than your prescribed pain pills.  Not to mention the cost is around $600 a month and most drs who prescribe it do not accept insurance.  It's up to you though really.

I have decided to go down one pill every week.  I am at 3 weeks now and so far, so good.  A little bit sore but as said earlier, exercise, although hard to motivate yourself while withdrawing, the end results are excellent.  I am also going to an acupuncturist to help with the pain that has been masked by pain pills for 2 years and the results there are positive as well.

I hope this helps.  I just wanted you to know there is someone else out there who is tired of being a slave to pain meds.  It's time to take back control.  :)  
teddy---read the post right above you.
I don't know if you reposted per the suggestion but I wanted to respond to you.  I guess we can't give advice regarding tapering on this forum which I didn't really know before since I just joined yesterday. (sorry) But I just tapered off my prescribed dose and am on day 3 of jumping off and I finally feel better.  If you'd like to PM me to talk more specifically I'm happy to share my experience.  I too took hydro for years along with others for chronic pain.  I'm here if you want to correspond.  just find my profile and send me a message.
I am trying to help my son he just confessed what he has been doing. I am here for him, and need to know if taking care of him at home is doing him good.
you'll have to make that decision yourself based on you own circumstances.  Why don't you make a new post (this is an old one) and put a bit about what he's been taking, how long.  You will see some of us got hooked for medical reasons, some used recreationally - the gamut pretty much.  I am new on here so there are many sage people who will jump on to post and help you.  You can google the Thomas recipe which is what I've been using to help myself get off.  Best of luck to you.  PLEASE make a new post and get some good advice from all the posters.
you sound like my carbon copy;i mean word for word my story too.or it used to be.1st;truely between just us...how bad is your pain,truely?i'm willing to bet it is'nt really as bad as you tell others.that's o.k.,after we need to justify our need,right?so own up to that,and do something real scary,be honest with your m.d..
god that frightened me...what would he do cut me off cold,drastically take you off after 10 years in just a month or two?
very seriously doubt it.really is he going to admit he should'nt have been treating all these years?no
it's natural for pain meds. to lose effectiveness over time,your m.d. will adjust your dose up;you,from all you say need to be honest with your m.d.and ask him for monitering,yes its inconvient.but it keeps you honest.what i'm talking about is'nt the standard urine check for other drugs.what i'm referring to is a med level ck.NOT normally performed.
if your being honest with us in cyber space,and yourself you WILL ASK FOR THIS MONITERING
heres a test...if you follow thru with asking your habituated to your meds vs.addicted.if you do'nt ask your a junkie even if you wear a suit,pay your bills,go to church.
habituated i can deal with;being an addict junkie i ca'nt
Wonderful, but my problem is i am in so much pain and can't funtion to do anything without.. when i try and stop its the pain that makes me go back. I want my life back, I have deginative disk since 22 but I was only takin the meds on and off. but when i had the car accident in 2009 it became a dependencey and now I go with out for a day, I litterally feel like my heart stops. I am seeking all procedures and under doctors care and finely getting some treatment started this month. But, I have had treatments done and yes they help with some pain for a day or two. I hate having to depend on pain medicine. Good luck too you and will pray for all of us in the position and I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy
Your message was just what I needed - I just told my husband that I had decided to stop taking my dilaudid and Fentanyl Patches because they were ruining me, I wasn't myself anymore.  I'm about to be given my first grandchild and don't want to miss one second in a fog. I'm on day 5 most symptoms gone but haven't slept in 4 days.  Thanks everyone!
Thanks so much.  I'm on 15 to 20mg a day of Percocet.  I had cancer 5 years ago, and had a lot of residual pain from surgeries and radiation, so I started daily pain management 3 years ago, because I didn't know what else to do.  Now I hate it, it is my primary thought each day.  I am scared to withdrawal, but planning on talking to my doctor on Monday to come up with a plan.  Luckily it has been all under RX  and relative to many others a low amount. Ididn't know about the "subs" but glad that you mentioned it.
This is an excellent detox plan! Thank you for posting!
this is a fantastic detox plan for everyone. drugs or not. I did a similar detox last time I quit a smoking and narcotic addiction...I cant believe I forgot that this worked. Thanks for posting this!!
Listen I know what you are going throw and yes its hard and you will have to feel like **** before you get any better.You need to have some faith.God put you here for a reason. Just have some faith in yourself.Thats what I did.And this is your Life.Dont think about the drug,go out and get your mind off it.Go out and do fun things like how it was before you did drugs.I wish you the best of LUCK.God bless you.if you have any more questions for me just write me back.Your not alone in this.No one is.
My wife of almost 10 years has been on every Pain Killer I know of. She injured her back when she was pregnant with out 6 year old daughter. She started taking Vicodin and Percocet after my 2 year old was born. She had a disc replaced in her back last may and when that only intensified the pain she was put on Morphine, Delodid, Fentinol, Norco, Valuim, Baclofin, and Resteral. I realize not all of those medicines are pain killers, however she was taking them all due to the pain or the side effects of the medicine. I'm writing today because she Finally had a procedure called a Radio Frequency Ablation. Two weeks later she decided to stop taking the medicine she was currently on (Morphine, Delodid, Valuim, and Baclofin). I had no idea she had been double dosing, and I don't know how long she had been doing it. Anyway she started hallucinating, visual, auditory, and tactile. I took her to the emergency room Saturday morning, they've moved her to the psychiatric ward of the hospital. She is still hearing voices (pretty regularly). She is on day 3 in the psychiatric ward and they are trying to detox her from the pain killers as well as treat this onset psychosis. The psychiatrist said she probably be there at least another 5 or 7 days. They are trying to find the right medications for her. I am writing to ask if anyone else has had these symptoms while detoxing from these types of medicines. I am very scared for her and I can only see her for two hours a day (supervised). Please tell me (if you did have these symptoms how long it took before they went away. Thank you all...   A worried and lonely husband...
What kind of family would disown you for seeking help in rehab? Sure, you will lose respect and self-image from them, but only because you got addicted, not that you're seeking help through rehab. I went to rehab for 28 days and it helped me get off my percocets and all the other crap I was taking and I was on HIGH doses of oxy... Like over 200mg a day because I had such a high tolerance and had been on then for my back for years. Go to rehab. Seriously....
I would fist start off by saying the only person or people that can truly tell you how to get off of these medications is someone that has felt with this before PERSONALLY! I to had a back problem and started off taking percacets and lower tabs. After taking this for 2 years and every single day taking 2 a day then to 4 a day then to 6 a day even though they were working at 2 a day my body wanted to feel the high so I would up by 2 every 4 r 5 months. I ran out of the medications one day because I left out of town and by the time I came back my doctor wouldnt write them for me no more so I went cold turkey and yes I felt like crap. I went after 2 days of suffering to a Methadone Treatment Center and after the first day of doing the blood work and stuff they gave me 15 mg of Methadone and OMG the bad cravings the cold sweats the nausea everything went away. And for me to go from 80mg of oxy twice a day to 15 mg of methadone once a day is a big thing brother. AND IT LAST ALL DAY. To me this might be something you would want to look into. But word to the wise just like everything else this to can be addictive you just have to stay on what works and stay there meaning u can take 10 mg of methadone once a day and not feel sick then that's what you need to do. Don't go up just because you want to feel high. If you want to do it you can bro it's all up stairs. I have been taking 15 mg of methadone for over a few years now once a day and I'm coming down slowly like 5 mg every 4 to 6 weeks. If you need someone to talk to email me at (***@****) and I will help you out
I am a terrified 46 year old who is suffering from severe chronic back pain and will suffer until I can afford surgery.  I can't work have not worked in over 8 years, I suffer from Disk Disease and also Panic Disorder.  I have been taking 8 vicodin a day, 4 soma a day and at least 3 2mg. xanax per day.  I don't get out of bed much, my home is trashed I have no will to do anything, no dreams or hopes and my world goes on without me in it and i now hate myself and often wish i were just dead.  Any help?  This is hurting my 26 year old son who supports me and hurting him is killing me even more.  God help me please. No insuranace or money.
NOT SURE IF ANY OF YOU HAVE HEARD OF THE THOMAS DIET, BUT IT WORKS....IM A LORTAB ADDICT AND TRUST IT WASNT EASY AND ITS A STILL A FIGHT DAILY TRYNA KICK THIS HABIT, BUT GOOGLE THE THOMAS DIET IS YOU WANT HELP
All i want to say is thank you... God has put you on my heart as i am just starting this process myself.. and have been one of those I CAN DO IT MYSELF people and have done it and failed just to return even worse.. I am tired of living a double life and hurting my family.. Have been pretty good at hiding my addiction until recently. now my wife knows and has been having a hard time understanding this addiction. But i have alot of faith in GOD and know he will help me i just need a way to make it through the strong WDs so i wont miss work.. i am willing to give your method a try... ill try anything before i lose my family and my sanity.. Hope you are still doing well..
God Bless
Roy in Montana
Today is day two and i feel like im going to die, is it going to get better?
The Truth.. Quite Cold Turkey You do not want to get on suboxion or subutex.. there the same thing as pain pills AND Honestly has the worse withdrawl (withdrawal) symtoms (symptoms). If you want to quite Do this. Drink tons of water daily for muscle aches and eat bananas.. they also help. u want to load your body with as much nuterients as possible. And also go on a walk daily. One more most important thing of all is family! get there help befor u hurt them and talk to them dont be scared tell them how your feeling.. it does help.. Just stay positive. and if there is anyone who is negative in your life get away from them.. surrond yourself around people who really do care about you and your future.
Thanks for the advice, I'm on 120 MG Morphine a day and plan to ween my self off during a 4 month period instead of cold turkey.
Hi, I am a 39 YOF. I took oxycontin 60 mg 3 x daily until i lost my job. Now I no longer have ins so my dr. put me on 60 mg 3x daily of morphine. And I take 40 mg. oxycodone daily. I suffer from degenerative spine disease and have had 2 vert. already replaced. I feel like the pills control my every move. I try to take as prescribed but there are times my body requires more, so i try to cut back the next dose to make up for it. The meds are expensive without insurance to pay for them. That is why i feel so bad. I have a 10 yr old son who i could be spending the money on! Its not like he does with out at all but I still feel terrible! Im not sure what my pain level is now. When i started going to pain management 3 yrs ago, I only took hydros for the pain. I have had to increase it every so often for the addiction mostly.
     One question? If i sit still for any length of time i am soo stiff I cant move! Is that the meds? My muscles are always hurting. Every movement is painful to me. I just wondered if that was the meds doing it because i dont remember it from b4 i went to pain management.
      But I too feel like a junkie and I am embarrassed everytime i get my meds refilled.
Hi - just quick question... If i go to my doctor explainning my addiction to pain pills, does he have to report it to my work or wouldnthe insuranse company raise a flag? Thx!
I'm a 30 year old mom and have been hooked on percs on and off for about 4 years now. The longest I've been off is about 2 months, then I had a headache and BAM the doc had me back on the 10mg percs AGAIN! Why did I go back on them? I knew I shouldn't but did anyway. I honestly thought I would be ok and could stop after that one more script...nope, wasn't like that at all. I got hooked again:(. The last time I got cleaned up I had suboxen to help me, but I don't have the money to go back to that doc. to get more. Now I'm just 24 hrs into stoping cold turkey and I just don't know if I can do it:(:( I want to sooooo bad!!! Not only for me, but for my 3 little ones and my husband. My WHILE family is 100% behind me and really want me to do this, and I want to:)! But I feel like a mean, horrible, lazy person without the pills. Am i? Do pills really control a person like this? Or is it just me? I can get my script filled again in a week in a half, but if I have to go through this hell now, and make it through it then I'm NOT getting them filled. I want to get better and clean, but can I really? I hate this!!!!! I have read all the posts on here and I think you all are amazing:):)!! and hope I can be as strong as all of you:) here is to cleaning up:)!!!!
For 6 yrs I was prescribed Oxycontin and Percs. for the DDD and herinated disc in my back and neck, it began wrecking havoc on my body. One day I decided enough was enough, I grew tired of following a pain management doctor around like a bird snagging bread crumbs. Of course the idea of going cold turkey terrified me and I didn't want to be labeled an addict which of course was what I had become. Seriously, you cannot be anything but this after being on them for so long, especially since they had me taking them five times a day. I knew the withdraws were going to be bad, really bad and this scared me to know end, but I had made up my mind. I turned to Mother Nature.
A few drops of Passionflower and California Poppy seeds extract  in water or tea did the trick. Both are herbs, legal and can be found in any health food store. I found the liquid works better than the pill form, it is not addicting, and help with my back pain to boot. You will still have withdraws, but not to where you cannot handle it yourself. The extracts calm your body to such a degree the withdraws are more of an annoyance then a physical breakdown. Once they are gone though you will feel great, there is nothing like having the fog cleared from your mind, you get high on life itself, there is nothing you can't handle, at least this is how it worked for me. Now you will go through a time period of feeling lazy, but I believe this is your body restoring itself. Once this lifts, and it will you will be buzzing around the house, everything the doctors told me I couldn't do because of my back and neck I have been able to do now. Don't get me wrong, I still have my pain, but at least now I can grin and bear it and when it gets really bad I just use the extracts.

Good Luck and best wishes
thank you so much just reading your post knowing there is light in a couple more days makes me have hope thank you
My fiance takes 100 mg daily of Oxycontin. He snorts one 30mg right when he wakes up and than quarters to halves through out the day until bedtime. He spends about $300/week on them. He has run out for the hundredth time in the past year. Every time this happens he acts like a nut job wondering all over the house looking for pieces of pills(oxys) or other drugs he knows will get him high (usually norco). He wonders around looking for things to sell, that don't mean that much to him or us(his family), I guess that means he's not that deep in to the addiction if he's selling our valuables yet?? I hope so. He just overdrafted his grandparents bank account to $250 3 days ago, and every other week steals about $200 all together. He also has great episodes of anxiety he says, and I see it too, I figure that is a symptom of WD right? Every addict feels the anxiety when in need of a fix is what I assumed.

It's not only pills he feel anxiety with when he does not have them, he used to get really anxious when we would run out of Coca Cola Soda too? I think it is just all in his head (the soda thing) but he insists he was addicted to it also, it sounds funny but I sort of believe that coke addiction, he is passed that one though lol.
His grandmother tells him to go to a methadone clinic but his aunt (who has experience with narcotics) and I don't think that is such a great idea. I read your comment about the Suboxen or Subutex, and find that to be a big miracle for some one in my fiances shoes. It's sounds hard to believe that he can make an appointment and tell the doctor  he thinks it might help his addiction. He is 20 almost 21 in June this year but what if they think he just wants to get high off it? How does that work? His medical records show he was a high risk teenager or something like that because they knew he smoked marijuana and drank alcohol.

He thought about shooting up Dilaudid today because he had no Norco or Oxy's but I won't let him stoop that far, Idk if he would if i wasn't hear to know or find out about it. He doesn't take Dilaudid though because it doesnt get him high or help his symptoms.

What I'm writing you for is because by reading your post about how you were taking 10 to 15 80 mg oxys a day and weened off of them is so great to hear; that it makes me think he can do the same. But I needed some info from some one who has had an extreme experience of addiction to this drug and how they (you) survived the healing period. I hope you can reply back, I would really appreciate some insight on this.
I just wanted to say I recently read an article in Discover about herbal and synthesized Kratom as well as drugs like bath salts etc. - this stuff basically works on your opioid receptors so you are just prolonging your withdrawal, it takes the withdrawals away because it is acting on your opioid sensors so you may as well be taking your opiate of choice.  

A lot of this Kratom is manufactured in russia, china in black market labs made by chemists who don't care what is in it - it can contain harmful additives bringing on permanent and irrersible neuro damage as many times the "chemists" don't clean up their chemical processes because it is more costly and they leave all kinds of nasty but legal stuff in it.

In my initial w/d I read about this and I was in so much pain I would have gotten it not understanding what it really was.  In the end the only way out is to endure your withdrawal without ingesting ANY opiate substance or anything that mimics opiates or affects your opioid receptors.  Just my opinion - this stuff can be poison as it is unregulated and you have no idea what you are getting or where it is coming from.  
im not one to talk about this sort of thing, but here it goes. im 23 yrs old and have been taking oxy contns for 4 years. ive tried o quit lots of times but never made it. im now 3 days clen and i can see the light at the end of the tunnel now. the one thing, honestly, that has/is keeping me strong is god. im going to b honest ive never really beein a religous person but i swear on my very own life is u get in touch with ur spiritualnside it makes it so much easier. im now at day 3, yes im in pain, but imnot giving up this time. its mind over matter guys, seriously just try it, god is on ur side. i havent felt any eoitons of feelings in so long, now im crying every 5 mins, it jus feels so good to feel again. with the help of god, i even called me dealer earlier and told them how iam doing, and they where actually happy for me. u have 2 be ready and no ur thru with these horrible pills in order to have the strength to pull thru. i really hope i helped someone.take care everyone and remember ur in harge of ur own life U CAN DO THIS
Ive been on Noroco 10/325 for the last 4 years taking 1every 4 hours and at times more. Ive had grade 3 spondylithesis resulting in a spinal fusion. Needless to say my body now has a chemical dependence to these monsters. I finally have gotten to the point where I'm tired of relying on meds just to feel normal. I told my doc that I wanted to quit and he suggested a slow taper. It sounds easy enough to do but everytime I fill my script I tell myself this is the bottle I'm gonna start the taper with, never happens though. My doc also gave me a script for Tofranil, Buspirone,and Clonidine to help ease. Some withdrawal symptoms. They helped surprisingly , nausea, runs, chills, feeling ill over all was curbed substantially. Restless legs however it did almost nada for,  for me they were still just as intense as ever but It was still alot better than going through the full effect of WD. I've been there and I thought I was gonna die , full WD is the most uncomfortable thing I've ever experienced. I forgot to say I saved 14 pills I took a half of one two times a day along with my 3 scripts from doc starting on a Tues. And 1 before i went to bed and a half of 1 in middle of the night so I could be somewhat comfortable from RLS . I didn't sleep much but wasn't as uncomfortable. Today is Saturday last night no sleep at all till 5 this morn.  Surprisingly I woke up around 10 and feel alot better. If I would have known that these things would consume my life like they have I don't think I would have ever taken them. I felt so alone with this problem until I started reading blogs online. I know now I'm not. Withdrawal is a scary thing to face and go through, but trust me it doesn't last forever , I faced it I didn't think I was strong enough to do it. Stay strong and once its passed remember the all the pain WD caused and what you'll have to relive if you let those monsters back in your life.  Godbless
I don't know if you'll get this but please hang in there.  When a family or job is on the line things become more imminent.  My name is Jon but everyone calls me JK.  I am 25 years old. Male.  Have been addicted to opiates for almost 7 years and am just as tired.  Basically sick and tired of being sick and tired.  Withdrawal is almost unbearable.  NA meetings always make you feel like your not alone at least.  I would see a doctor to get prescribed a maintenance drug like suboxone but those can also be addictive which some don't realize. A drug like this can help if used responsibly and not for too prolonged a period of time. You need a higher power in your life whether its Jesus, Buddha, Satan, etc., that you can pray to or confide in.  It's a long standing process.  After while your body will return to normal but it takes time.  It's not fun or pleasant.  It's a battle.  There are ways to overcome this dreaded disease.  If interested in talking, email me at ***@****. I happened to be scrolling through and saw your cry for help.  I know how it feels to have people who don't understand you or let alone know how to help you.  Then you're stuck doing it on your own feeling trapped in the world. I'm not too computer savvy and don't check my email as often as i like which is why I've left my number but if you're interested and would like to leave me a message I would be more than happy to return your plea.
                                                              Your cries have been answered,
                                                                                       JK  
im sorry to say but suboxones are not the way too go. they may work for a minute, but you end up just as dependant on them as your opiate of choice, you're best choice is to either a. get yourself in a rehab program or b. detox yourself. suboxone are just a substitute so these doctors can keep making their money. and to let you know you can't suboxone for ever and the withdrawls from them are far worse. i'm currently constructing my own detox program where i'm going cold turkey and i've been thru it all, mass amounts of vics, oxys, percs, you name i done it. i'm done with that life style. there are different ways out then more pills, but these doctors just wanna feed em to you to put you at ease, some may wana help and if they did they'd be honest and say rehab and personal detox would be the best way to go.... but that's my opinion..... i've been doin this **** for almost 10 years... i know alil something something about this ****.
I have had dcf on my case about taking a drug screen I currently relapsed and was taking pain pills again I was clean for 2 years! I'm on day 2 with nothing! And it *****! But dcf was called because my ex parents hate me! Now I'm tring to get my system clean so I can give them a drug screen. What should I do I was suppose to take drug screen Saturday and didn't! What should I say to them! He is already calling me and I'm only on day 2 with nothing?
I take at least 10 thousands a day. This is my second day with nothing but tremadol. It's horrible I'm dying over here. I have 2 babies at home & that makes it worse. I was wondering if I go to the er if they can help me. I can't do a rehab I have no family to help with my babies. I have been taking pain bills everyday for at least 2 years. It's been about 6 months since I have detoxed. What do I do?
dying - the only way through this addiction is to suffer the withdrawals, if you take any opiates you'll just restart the clock.  If you are on day 2 then you are probably through the worst by tomorrow and then will start feeling a little better every day.  I know it s u c k s but try to endure it - for you, for your babies.  You deserve a chance to live a life without pills, give yourself the opportunity.  

I was taking hydros about 40-60 mg per day for 3 years and then sporadically for years before that and I am 42 days clean today.  You can do it.  If you go to the er and are honest with you hopefully they wouldn't give you any opiates, they could you something to help with the restless legs maybe (I can't think of the drug name right now) and IV fluids but you CAN do this at home, it just isn't any fun.

Try to psych yourself up that you just have the flu and have to ride it out.  The mental part will start up once you get through the physical stuff and that can be and most times is the harder part to deal with.

Post here often for support - just ask a new question as you've posted on a pretty old thread.  There are lots of us on here who recently got clean, people in the process of preparing to get clean and old timers who have lots of  clean time under their belt.

It's a great support system.  Don't your kids deserve the best you?  Dont' you?  

Post for support and we'll be here!
I would love to get into a whole recovery talk with you but this would take time. Some things may sound corny or cliche but they are cliche for a reason.  1. figure out what you want. It sounds like you want to be done with. So with that being said - make the comitment to stop and never pick up again. There is no better time than now to quit. This will not doubt be difficult and I don't know your life but I do know this might be the hardest thing you will ever do. I can speak from experience. But stay strong. There are 100's of organizations to help and thousands upon thousands of other people dealing with this issue too. You are definitely not alone. 2. Accept that life will get better  and accept that a higher power, something bigger than you  can restore your faith or sanity. 3. Seek a higher power to help you through the withdraw only asking for help after asking for the help of others. 4.If your body is up for it  then turn your attention to someone else who might need yours. 5 For the physical withdraws - long hot showers or a hot tub, moderate exercise, small amounts of chocolate, jogging, advil, music (loud) and pardon me saying this but masterbation (masturbation) helps, and try to sleep as much as possible. Everything I said in 5 will release endorphins giving your body small doses of euphoria. All this depending on how much is in your system should take about 5 to 7 days tops.  1 2 & 3 feeling horrible and 4 5 & 6 feeling better everyday. Good Luck. I know this was quick and everywhere. I have experience working with addicts and at risk youth and would love to help any way I can.  Ill pray for you  Hope this helped
yes I weened and it did help somewhat but no matter what you will feel tired and crappy for a while. some people longer than others. hang in there ween yourself to almost nothing ( 1/4 to 1/8th a pill a day. it will help. take vitamins ( keep your energy up ) stay busy to keep your mind off it. it's not easy but it's sooooo worth it to get your life back. Prayer helped me as well if you are a believer get help at your church. Good luck n' God bless. p.s. you may need immodium for loose stools. ( anti diarrhea ) you may even feel like you have a cold or flu. that's not uncommon.
Check out Dr. Andre Waismann at anrinstitute.com
Im looking for some help, I just recently learned that my spouse is shooting up prescription pain pills. We were in a serious car accident 4 yrs ago and he broke his neck, his arm and almost lost his leg, (due to a drunk driver) since then we both have been on prescription pain medications. I am teriflied of the pills and refuse to take the prescribed amount by my doctor, but my husband has gone to the extreme. Just 2 weeks ago he got a new script fill (90 pills) a week later he had taken all but 31 of them. Once I found out he was shooting them up I threatened to end our marriage and leave. He has admitted to his addiction and wants to recieve help, but we don't have health insurance and he's a nurse and he seems to think that if he checks himself into a rehab that they will report him to the state for being an addict and lose his license. Does anyone know if he seeks treatment if he can have his nurses license revoked? He isn't buying drugs off the streets or taking something other than what is prescribed to him, not sure if that makes a difference or not? Also how do I help him with recovery when I myself have serious issues with pain and am on prescription pain killers? I've had 2 failed back surgeries and then the wreck we were in messed me up even more. My doctors are telling me that it's just a matter of time before I'm paralyzed and in a wheelchair due to my injuries. I know that it's not gonna be easy, safe or fair to him, but what do I do? Can someone please help me?!?!?! Thanks in Advance, concerned
Sorry to hear about all you have going on..   You should post a new question by going to the top of the page and hitting the "post a question" button.  You will get much more attention by posting a new question...   Just copy and paste it.

All the best and I encourage you stick around.  Lots of knowledgeable people here
Please post a new question and some of the nurses will be along to answer it for you - you also may want to list what state you are in as that is relevant info.  Repost it as the previous member suggested and you'll get response.  Also make the title relevant like "Can an RN get license revoked if...."  something that will make the nurses on the board come to your aid and provide you with info.
Viewing 401-600 comments:
This discussion was closed by MedHelp moderators.