Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
What is the best way to taper off xanax without having a seizure?

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

This question is for a friend... She has been on xanax for 3 years. She was at 20 a day and then went to rehab. She is now down to 4 a day, but still can't "do without..." Weaning is the best process... Is there more help or any other methods? What about not sleeping at night? Can you still have a seizure if you are down to 2 footballs a day? (2 mg) What about switching to kolonipin? I know Kolonipin is a benzo, but I have read it is also for mild seizures... I am typing this for her. She is my best friend and I would like to help her, but I am not a DR. She doesn't have health ins right now, but doesn't want to fall in the "trap" again. I take xanax as well, and I only take one a day. If I wean down, do I still have a chance of a seizure? I wish my doctor never prescribed these for my anxiety. We both need help, but mostly her. From Chloe and her BFF... Thank you for anyone who has been in this same situation.